Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

3 minutes ago, TheMarine79 said:

I will get to my surgery and by summer I will have started to look like the stud I know I am. 😂

I'm going to a high school class reunion in August 2019. It's not the reason I'm doing this, but I will admit that I'm pretty excited about great I will look by then! 🙂

I was scheduled for Jan, but Dr wants an endoscopy since I’m a revision from sleeve to rny so now my surgery will be Feb 12th. I will also have a hiatal hernia repaired as well as my gallbladder removed at the same time.

I am scheduled for RNY on Feb 12th as long as insurance approves. My last supervised diet check in is Jan 21st and they will submit everything at that time. Fingers crossed!! 🤞

I still have to go to my 3rd Nut. visit, see the surgeon and then a diet class. The office put me down tentatively for Feb 18. I am still thinking insurance will not approve it since I don't need a CPAP and diagnosed with only "mild apnea", no diabetes and BMI of 36. I am trying to talk hubby into just a cash procedure. A different surgeon said it would be 15k. That's a lot of money but what scares me more is if their is a complication and I am a cash patient that insurance wont cover issues.

Hey all [emoji4] I'm tentatively down for the 15th. Here in NZ getting surgery publicly is super-hard as they accept so few patients per year, so hubby and I are taking out a BML (Bloody Massive Loan) from a family member to get it done. We want to have a pēpē (baby) in the future and this would give us the best chance to do so. (I'd also LOVE to ditch the depression/anxiety and go back to full-time work...).
Had my first appointment with the surgeon early December, booked in with the dietician and psychologist next week. I've tried to lose some weight over the past month, but I've only managed about 2kgs, so last nigjt I chucked out all the food in the house and put myself on Optifast early. All or nothing, baby!! [emoji38][emoji6]

Sent from my CPH1719 using BariatricPal mobile app

My surgery Band to Bypass is scheduled for February 7th. I have to start my 3 week Liver Shrink diet on January 17th due to my BMI being high. I’m nervous and excited at the same time and I can’t wait for that day to arrive.

Edited by Gotta win 4me

I’m waiting on an email from my program director with all the dates for labs, primary care clear visit, preop and start dates for my 2 week liquid diet. I’m going to go ahead and go full on Atkins style low carb Monday though until my liquid diet because I think it’ll make the transition easier. I think I’d starve going from a regular diet to all liquids overnight, lol. They require 2 weeks of only liquids....brutal, lol. Surgery is Feb 12😁

2 minutes ago, taylormomto6 said:

I’m waiting on an email from my program director with all the dates for labs, primary care clear visit, preop and start dates for my 2 week liquid diet. I’m going to go ahead and go full on Atkins style low carb Monday though until my liquid diet because I think it’ll make the transition easier. I think I’d starve going from a regular diet to all liquids overnight, lol. They require 2 weeks of only liquids....brutal, lol. Surgery is Feb 12😁

You are more disciplined that I am by easing into the liquid diet. I'm currently in my "farewell to food" phase and am enjoying my favorite foods before I give them up for good (hello, ice cream). I'll go cold turkey when I start the liquid diet.

I kind of keep trying to tell myself “don’t you want pizza or donuts or whatever one last time”, but then I think dang, the list never ends, lol, plus I already had them the last time...lol

8 hours ago, taylormomto6 said:

I kind of keep trying to tell myself “don’t you want pizza or donuts or whatever one last time”, but then I think dang, the list never ends, lol, plus I already had them the last time...lol

Oh gosh, yeah! That was me, too--thus why I decided to put myself on the liquid diet early. I mean, I know I have an unhealthy relationship/addiction to food, I know it's holding me back big-time, and I know I'm going to fail if I don't commit to the process 100%. So why take the chance?

I heard a bariatric surgeon on youtube say that you basically have one shot to get it right... it's so much freaking money, I've only got one shot anyways... and I'm planning on wringing every last drop of weight loss out of that post-op honeymoon phase! =D

6 hours ago, smedae said:

Set for Bypass on Feb 13. Is this the February 2019 group?

Yep! I think that's us! (I only found this place yesterday, I'm still figuring things out, too ;) Welcome!

Glad to finally be in a group with others going through this in the same month. My all-liquid diet starts Feb 3 with gastric bypass surgery February 13. Now that it's "real," I will savor every last minute with the food I eat. I can't imagine starting the liquid phase before I absolutely have too so kudos to those who can do that. I'd love to hear how creative you all are on what you find to "eat" during the liquid phase. I just ordered a variety pack of Soups (broth). Does anyone know if pudding is welcomed on an all-liquid diet? I've heard yes and I've heard no. Best wishes for all those sharing in this group!

Smedae, I think most plans don’t allow pudding on the liquid phase, but be sure to check with your program and see where it falls in their guidelines. Mine plan doesn’t allow it in the mushy/soft phase either, too much starch.

On 01/11/2019 at 17:30, EmzBee said:

Oh gosh, yeah! That was me, too--thus why I decided to put myself on the liquid diet early. I mean, I know I have an unhealthy relationship/addiction to food, I know it's holding me back big-time, and I know I'm going to fail if I don't commit to the process 100%. So why take the chance?

I heard a bariatric surgeon on youtube say that you basically have one shot to get it right... it's so much freaking money, I've only got one shot anyways... and I'm planning on wringing every last drop of weight loss out of that post-op honeymoon phase! =D

01/11/2019 10:53 AM, smedae said:

Set for Bypass on Feb 13. Is this the February 2019 group?

Yep! I think that's us! (I only found this place yesterday, I'm still figuring things out, too ;) Welcome!

Yes! Me too. I was kind of afraid I could lose too much before surgery if I do all liquid for the whole month, which is another reason to do low carb, but I just need to get myself mentally under control.

As you all grow closer to Your Surgery Month
May all failure be Behind
Success in Front
And Luck by Your Side!😝🌈💖