Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dec 26th 2018 sleeve buddies out there???

Had sleeve work done on 12/19. Went in on Jan 2 for follow up and got admitted again for clots in my lower lungs. Doc says it happens in every few hundred patients. On blood thinners for 6 months, but it stopped me from going back to work as early as I had counted. I feel fine except I get tired easily, but no pain or sickness. Feeling a bit guilty about whether I should return to work before the 6 weeks are up. I know many don't take that much time, but many of those dread staying home too. I'm 64 yoa, I figured I probably earned it.

Today I have an appointment with my Dietitian and I am so excited to be finally be advancing out of liquid diet to puree diet / soft foods. I do worry some as to now we are adding in more foods will we gain weight? I was getting used to liquid diet per no brainier and no planning. Just the same thing over and over each day with maybe a flavor change. I love this site as I can find recipe ideas.

Today I have an appointment with my Dietitian and I am so excited to be finally be advancing out of liquid diet to puree diet / soft foods. I do worry some as to now we are adding in more foods will we gain weight? I was getting used to liquid diet per no brainier and no planning. Just the same thing over and over each day with maybe a flavor change. I love this site as I can find recipe ideas.
Tomorrow I start my 4th week...I have lost 20pounds...I still cant eat ..so I mostly drink shakes Jello and sugar free pudding a little chicken noodle Soup but that's it... Yesterday someone brought a ambrosia salad..I served myself half a cup...I had maybe 3 spoons and my stomach began to hurt...so I decided to stay on liquid diet ..I can have egg whites but not too much...good luck

Sent from my SM-G892A using BariatricPal mobile app

Tomorrow I start my 4th week...I have lost 20pounds...I still cant eat ..so I mostly drink shakes Jello and sugar free pudding a little chicken noodle Soup but that's it... Yesterday someone brought a ambrosia salad..I served myself half a cup...I had maybe 3 spoons and my stomach began to hurt...so I decided to stay on liquid diet ..I can have egg whites but not too much...good luck

Sent from my SM-G892A using BariatricPal mobile app

I couldn't handle the liquid diet phase. I can't do the Protein Shakes. So I moved to soft foods to get myprotein. Still not getting the whole amount but I'm close. My problem is the Vitamin. I get sick when I take them. I bought a 3 month supply and now I'm stuck with them! Have to call my nut to see what else i can take. But I'm doing good with food. I've tried some spicy things, past sauce with zoodles pureed and i was good.

Jeannine [emoji8]

5 hours ago, Coexister said:

I’ve been doing a half soft foods/half liquid diet for the past week and I’m still losing.

I don’t think you’ll have to worry about gaining because even with soft foods, you’ll still only be able to take in a few hundred calories each day, if that. Your weight loss may stall (it does for a lot of people around weeks 3 and 4) because your body thinks you’re starving.

My dietitian said the most important thing for this first month though is fluids. Protein amount and calorie amount aren’t as important to her right now, as long as I’m hitting my fluids.

Guys, the liquid phase is only intended for early on because your new baby sleeve is swollen. My surgeon doesn't do it all post op. I went straight to puree/soft foods. Don't stay in liquid phase because you're afraid you're going to gain weight. It doesn't work like that. I am losing at a faster rate now than I did after surgery and I am eating between 750-1000 calories a day. This is not about pure calorie restriction. Once you get to solid foods, that's when you see the real benefit of the sleeve. I had some chicken breast last night and I was stuffed after 4.5oz!!! I could eat much more in the puree/soft stage in terms of volume. Just follow your surgeon's guidelines and eat the prescribed diet. You will lose weight if you follow instructions. If you go off on your own because your now scared of eating real food, you are going to have nutritional problems and you're also going to find that your weight loss will stall more often.