Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dec 26th 2018 sleeve buddies out there???

I found a Protein Drink that is yummy!!! Its called protein20 I believe and is at CVS pharmacy in the refrigerator section. It's a clear liquid and the flavors they had were wild cherry, berry, grapes & coconut. I've only tried the cherry but I must tell you...it has no after taste and is yummy. It has 15g of Protein.

Jeannine [emoji8]

I'm curious about everyone's hunger level. I've been hearing from all my friends who had sleeve that the first time they ate a scrambled egg, it made them feel stuffed. I tried an egg yesterday, and I didn't feel that fullness at all. I wasn't hungry after, but I definitely wasn't full either.

What's been your experience? I know we all can vary so much!

6 minutes ago, AprilAL said:

I'm curious about everyone's hunger level. I've been hearing from all my friends who had sleeve that the first time they ate a scrambled egg, it made them feel stuffed. I tried an egg yesterday, and I didn't feel that fullness at all. I wasn't hungry after, but I definitely wasn't full either.

7 minutes ago, AprilAL said:

Hi AprilAL. I had my sleeve on December 17th. And I’ve tried soft scrambled egg with cheese. I was fine. Didn’t have the full feeling. I was good. I will say that I can get a little of something and then an hour half later I feel hunger pain and I’ll eat a popsicle or Jell-O and I feel ok again.

Hi [emoji16] I definitely had hunger pains and the feeling of being hungry early on. I couldn't stand it lol. They've gotten better but just like the other person said, I'll eat something and feel semi full...dont want to over do it and then like a couple hrs later I'm hungry again. I'll drink something or have a popsicle. Today was my 1st day back at work. Had a scrambled egg with a little bit of cheese for Breakfast then a little leftover chicken with a few sweet potato fries. Now its almost 2 hrs later and I'm beginning to feel hungry. I have a yogurt that I'll eat slowly. Tonight think I'm going to venture out and get rotisserie chicken and make some chicken salad for dinner and then for lunches. There are sooo many ideas out there to try I cant wait! I soooooo want spaghetti so I think I'm going to make zoodles with marinara sauce and parmesan cheese.

Jeannine [emoji8]

Sleeved 12/26/18. Lost 14 lbs the first week but haven't lost anything in past week! So upset. I get the required Protein, but not the Water amount. I am just about to start soft foods tomorrow. I get more calories each day and up 600-700 now. I just keep waiting for the scale to move but it has not for 6 days. I thought I wasn't getting enough calories but the first week I only got 200-300. UHG!

I don’t think it matters much, but I got the go ahead to the soft/puréed food stage. I ate an egg with a pinch of salt and pinch of cheese and felt good after. Not stuffed, but my body just seemed so thankful for an actual “meal.”

i noticed on my meal plan for this stage that I can have “1/2 slice of toast”, which seems odd. Has anyone attempted a small portion of bread like that? Because I hear it’s usually the worst thing to get your stomach to take again, even months down the line. Everyone seems to have issues.

Sleeved 12/26/18. Lost 14 lbs the first week but haven't lost anything in past week! So upset. I get the required Protein, but not the Water amount. I am just about to start soft foods tomorrow. I get more calories each day and up 600-700 now. I just keep waiting for the scale to move but it has not for 6 days. I thought I wasn't getting enough calories but the first week I only got 200-300. UHG!

I didnt lose anything this past week either. I gained 2 lbs. Thought it was crazy cause I had finally pooped too lol. I'm just weighing myself every week on Wednesdays. I know it was depressing not seeing it go down but it will. Our bodies are adjusting to our new lifestyle. We have to give it time. Just keep on doing the right things a d rewards should come [emoji16]

Jeannine [emoji8]

I didnt lose anything this past week either. I gained 2 lbs. Thought it was crazy cause I had finally pooped too lol. I'm just weighing myself every week on Wednesdays. I know it was depressing not seeing it go down but it will. Our bodies are adjusting to our new lifestyle. We have to give it time. Just keep on doing the right things a d rewards should come [emoji16]

Jeannine [emoji8]

So I had my done on Dec 29..lost 13.5...and I been there since Monday..I upped my Protein and my calories today 800..so let's see how it goes..
Lorraine

Sent from my SM-G892A using BariatricPal mobile app

Does anyone know why we can't have caffeine?? I've given up pop cause we cant have that but I just want a yummy iced tea and cant find anything with no caffeine!

Jeannine [emoji8]

Caffeinated drinks dehydrate your body. They act like diuretic and may stimulate your appetite.

Thanks for commenting [emoji16] I get it now lol I wasn't a big coffee drinker so that's not a problem. I just hate being told that I can't eat something lol. I have to get over that. I think I have a problem with people telling me what to do hahaha [emoji23]

Jeannine [emoji8]