Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dec 26th 2018 sleeve buddies out there???

I just cant stand the Protein Shakes so I had to move onto real food lol. I had a pretty hardy stomach before so I'm glad it still is [emoji16]

Jeannine [emoji8]

I had my one week post op and I’m down 18.4 lbs! Got to start full liquids this week. Creamed Soup has never tasted sooooo good!

Bought some sliced turkey today when I went for more yogurt. Had the turkey twice today with no problems. First the scrambled eggs and now the turkey, I'm amazed that I can eat this solid food so early in my recovery but I feel great so I'm just going to take one new food on at a time and keep moving forward.

Wow! Sounds like you are doing Great. I have not had any issues but of course I am still on full liquids. I will be approaching purée foods this weekend.

Hello,

I also had my sleeve surgery on December 26, 2018! Glad to see others from this day out here as well!! The first few days were a little rough, but after than felt better. (Other than an allergic reaction to the adhesive they used on my sutures - very itchy!!!) I have been able to tolerate the Premier shakes as well, and doing the strained cream Soups - I am looking forward to moving onto the pureed stage next - but am to chicken to push it until they tell me I can!

I also had my surgery on Dec 26th and am still on full liquid diet and feeling like I am starving! I have 2 Bariatric Advantage Protein Shakes a day , 1 premier advantage shake and a cup of broth daily. I make sure to take all my supplements and get my 64 ozs of Water. My Doctor wants us to stay on this for 21 days total before progressing onto soft foods. We aren’t allowed eggs, yogurt and all the other things I am reading that you guys are eating. Did any of you also have a hiatal hernia repair with sleeve? I am 5’5 my highest weight was 150 and I am at 224 now for a loss of 26lbs. I can’t wait to be able to eat soft foods. Just an egg sounds incredibly yummy right now. So wild how different our plans our??

Every dr and person is different. I was just too hungry not to at least try and eat something. I'm glad I'm able to eat different things. I started eating tuna in the pouch and they are so yummy. Just take your time and your time will come to eat regularly [emoji16]

Jeannine [emoji8]

Yea as Jean9 said every dr and plan is different as I'm learning on this forum. And I'm certainly not trying to shake things up. I'm just trying to share what's going on with me so others can learn and know they are not alone in this journey

Hello. Jean9 My sincere condolences on loss of your Mom. I had my sleeve December 17th. I'm 5'8 weighed 372 when I started the 90 day program to get my Aetna approval. I lost a total of 33lbs. My pre-op weight 339. They couldn't get my nausea and vomiting under control so I wasn't discharged until Dec 23rd. Then I had problems with my main puncture site oozing blood so I had to go back to the surgeon office on 31st. I had to have two stitches. I was weighed at that time. I'm 321 down 18lbs. I can tolerate pureed grilled chicken or mostly I just chew real slow. I still eat Jello, Soup, popsicles. I can also eat soft foods and crackers. Oh and scramble eggs. I do have hunger pains sometimes but I drink Water or sip Protein Drink. I haven't tried the Premier yet. But I have tried Syntrax and those taste good. I'm taking my chewable vitamins and calcium chews. Only vomited once two days ago when I tried a chunky soup don't think I was ready. So I'm sticking to small bites of chicken, popsicles, noodle soup, mash or baked potato etc.

Hello. Jean9 My sincere condolences on loss of your Mom. I had my sleeve December 17th. I'm 5'8 weighed 372 when I started the 90 day program to get my Aetna approval. I lost a total of 33lbs. My pre-op weight 339. They couldn't get my nausea and vomiting under control so I wasn't discharged until Dec 23rd. Then I had problems with my main puncture site oozing blood so I had to go back to the surgeon office on 31st. I had to have two stitches. I was weighed at that time. I'm 321 down 18lbs. I can tolerate pureed grilled chicken or mostly I just chew real slow. I still eat Jello, Soup, popsicles. I can also eat soft foods and crackers. Oh and scramble eggs. I do have hunger pains sometimes but I drink Water or sip Protein Drink. I haven't tried the Premier yet. But I have tried Syntrax and those taste good. I'm taking my chewable vitamins and calcium chews. Only vomited once two days ago when I tried a chunky Soup don't think I was ready. So I'm sticking to small bites of chicken, popsicles, noodle soup, mash or baked potato etc.
Thank you it's surely been a tough journey without her here with me. I'm going back to work tomorrow where only a couple know I had surgery. They'll probably think I lost weight cause of mourning. That probably is true along with the surgery. I wish you all the best in your weight loss journey.

Jeannine [emoji8]

Thank you and I wish you well on your journey too. I don't go back to work until January 21st. I'm cool with it. Still a little sore. One day at a time. 😉

Hello all,

I had my sleeve surgery Dec 28th and did great until I got home 2 days and then was due for my cycle of the month. My blood pressure shot way, way up. I wound up in a hospital in the town of Wickenburg where we moved. I am finally getting my BP down some and have been eating cream of wheat, premier drinks, egg drop Soup, Yogurt, popsicles, baby foods and my favorite Scandal less Vanilla( because it taste great plus has great quality of Protein.

My Dr is known for a slim sleeve without a pre op diet. So it will take a little to attempt the harder foods for me as some of you are trying.

I started 313 and I'm down to 299.5 at 5'8" .

My sleeve surgery was Dec 31. I’ve had issues with a lot of bloating and Constipation. I’ve been on Clear Liquids since surgery but will start a modified full liquid diet tomorrow (cream of wheat, Protein Shakes, pudding, yogurt plus clear fluids) and will stay on that for 2 weeks. I was 226 pounds the morning of surgery and was 228 a couple of days ago. Just trying to get the constipation and bloating under control.