Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recreational Drugs

I made a mistake last week and had a couple of lines of coke with beers while at a friend's house over Xmas

3 days later I started to feel nauseous and had diarohea

I've now been laid up in bed for 3 days vomiting and have flu symptoms

My sleeve is sore and I haven't eaten for 3 days

Is it just coincidence that I've caught a winter bug or have the drugs and drink done this to me?

53 minutes ago, Tootiesmum said:

I made a mistake last week and had a couple of lines of coke with beers while at a friend's house over Xmas

3 days later I started to feel nauseous and had diarohea

I've now been laid up in bed for 3 days vomiting and have flu symptoms

My sleeve is sore and I haven't eaten for 3 days

Is it just coincidence that I've caught a winter bug or have the drugs and drink done this to me?

TMI seriously!! You should know the answer to that question better than anyone on this forum. Stupid is as Stupid does. SMH

56 minutes ago, Wanda247 said:

TMI seriously!! You should know the answer to that question better than anyone on this forum. Stupid is as Stupid does. SMH

I don't know the answer which is why I'm asking. I made a mistake and am asking for advice

7 minutes ago, Tootiesmum said:

I don't know the answer which is why I'm asking. I made a mistake and am asking for advice

Weight loss forum?? If we're not using drugs how could we answer that question, you should call and ask your doctor I think he or she would have the best advice for you.

Good luck

I have no experience with this issue. The only advice I would have for you is to call your doctor's office and just fess up to what you did.

45 minutes ago, Tootiesmum said:

It's a serious question

And I think you need some serious help. If you are doing coke and chasing it with alcohol, you have way bigger problems than can be resolved in a bariatric support group. Maybe check out some rehab centers.

1 hour ago, Wanda247 said:

Weight loss forum?? If we're not using drugs how could we answer that question, you should call and ask your doctor I think he or she would have the best advice for you.

Good luck

I just wondered if others who had had wls had a similar experience. Thank you for answering :)

6 minutes ago, sideeye said:

You're not asking a stupid question. And it's not TMI. Goddamnit, people depress me sometimes.

First: when did you have surgery? Have you done coke before, and is this typical? Had you had alcohol since your surgery?

Just based on the timing, I'd guess that you've got a stomach bug and that this isn't related to the drug use. Anyone vomiting for three days would feel ache in their stomach. Did you have a flu shot this year? Are you drinking a ton of Gatorade or Pedialyte to make up for the dehydration? If not, your symptoms are just going to feel worse.

Even if this reaction has nothing to do with the coke or booze, you know that introducing a rogue element into a healing system isn't a good idea, obviously, and you'll be more careful in future. Good.

Few things make me bristle with rage. Idiotic responses like this would be one of them. Her question was related to WLS, since she's concerned there's been an interaction between the drugs and the surgery. She's asking for help because she's worried. I am incredibly angry that your response was the first here, as it is worthless.

Thank u so much for an honest answer. I'm 3 months out this was the first time with alcohol and drugs ( I did this lots before wls) I just got drunkand kind of forgot about the sleeve and then panicked I'd wrecked all my good work

I'm managing to keep Water down today so hopefully it's going away... defo a lesson learnt :)

32 minutes ago, Ed_NW said:

And I think you need some serious help. If you are doing coke and chasing it with alcohol, you have way bigger problems than can be resolved in a bariatric support group. Maybe check out some rehab centers.

It was a one off I don't do it all the time I've not had a drink for 4 months and hadn't taken any coke for about a year. I'm a cab driver so i can't risk losing my job hence why this was a one off

9 minutes ago, sideeye said:

You're not asking a stupid question. And it's not TMI. Goddamnit, people depress me sometimes.

First: when did you have surgery? Have you done coke before, and is this typical? Had you had alcohol since your surgery?

Just based on the timing, I'd guess that you've got a stomach bug and that this isn't related to the drug use. Anyone vomiting for three days would feel ache in their stomach. Did you have a flu shot this year? Are you drinking a ton of Gatorade or Pedialyte to make up for the dehydration? If not, your symptoms are just going to feel worse.

Even if this reaction has nothing to do with the coke or booze, you know that introducing a rogue element into a healing system isn't a good idea, obviously, and you'll be more careful in future. Good.

Few things make me bristle with rage. Idiotic responses like this would be one of them. Her question was related to WLS, since she's concerned there's been an interaction between the drugs and the surgery. She's asking for help because she's worried. I am incredibly angry that your response was the first here, as it is worthless.

You're getting your feathers all ruffled up and this is probably a prankster trolling like Ed_NW said.

RELAX

I’d guess you probably caught a bug or something. I wonder if cocaine use can increase your risk of ulcers? I mean, isn’t there like a post-nasal drip effect? I’d imagine that it could be irritating to your stomach if it reached it?

I think- the bigger problem is that SOMETHING is causing you nausea and diarrhea and no matter what caused it, it’s probably a good idea to check in with your doctor.

14 minutes ago, sideeye said:

Correction...It was the second response

A thought - what goes up your nose usually finds it's way to your stomach. Coke is terribly hard on our soft tissues and may give you a tummy ache, as will the boozers.

Please, if you need help with this kind of behavior, call your team, fess it up and get help! Even if it is a "one off" you may tend toward it more now that food is limited. There are support groups out there that can help keep you on the straight and narrow.

Best of luck to you!

2 minutes ago, Tootiesmum said:

I'm 3 months out this was the first time with alcohol and drugs ( I did this lots before wls) I just got drunkand kind of forgot about the sleeve and then panicked I'd wrecked all my good work

You didn't wreck it, but you're going to have to go slow on the alcohol from now on. I'm guessing you're in the UK and this is going to be hard, since pretty much everything is centered around drinking in a way it isn't in the US, but your tolerance for alcohol is going to be radically different from what it was before. I'm ten months out and can get knocked for a loop with two G&Ts. Three months is still pretty early for reintroducing alcohol, talk to your doctor about when you can start drinking again - and obviously your changed drinking tolerance is going to impact decision-making... and that's where the coke comes in. Because you know you shouldn't be doing that with a compromised digestive system and surgical healing.

Talk to your doctor about the recreational drugs too. Or, if you think you're going to hit a judgement wall there, talk to another health counselor.

If it helps at all, there's a significant cultural difference US/UK when it comes to talking about drugs, and I think you accidentally ran into the buzzsaw with your original post. The puritanical streak in the US is considerably wider and more opinionated than in the UK. There are a lot of posts around this forum about how people's social lives have changed now they can't drink much and it's changed the way they experience the bar, so maybe look up some of those to find fellow travelers?