Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Great Tasting Decaf Coffee Out There?

10 day PreOp Diet and 11 Days Post Op and STILL can’t a good Decaf coffee. Anybody find something or the right mix of flavorings to may a good tasting Decaf coffee? Any good Creamers or flavorings? I’ve ALWAYS hated the taste of fake sugar. Suffering...

I haven't found great Decaf yet, but I do find that it tastes better cold brewed. I'm still not drinking coffee post-op (personal choice, not required), but several years ago I had to go decaf for other reasons. Cold brew really made it taste better. I make a big batch on the weekends, then drink it throughout the week. You can heat it up if you prefer hot coffee. Coarsely grind Beans and let them soak in Water overnight. Use roughly a 1:4 coffee to water ratio. For example, 10 oz of coffee to 40 oz of water. To make for easier clean up, put the coffee in a nut bag and put the nut bag in the pitcher. It'll be concentrated, so I usually add about 1/3 coffee with 2/3 water (basically 2 oz coffee with 4-6 oz water, some folks use milk).

Edited by notmyname

i drink folgers at home and donut shop at work. I do add SF Torani syrups and i add some Premier Protein for the Creamer. I have not ventured outside of the premier so far.. I am only 7 weeks out and the coffee actually taste pretty good. The other day i used chocolate premier.. and peppermint torani and made a peppermint mocha coffee.

And it's perfect for the Holiday Season, isn't it?

I found Starbucks Decaf to be too acidic to tolerate post-surgery. I may try it again in a month or two, but one cup set off three days of reflux, no bueno. Decaf Bustelo is ok, but only brewed, the instant has barely any oomph. So far I enjoy the McDonald's McCafe decaf best. whatever you do, don't waste your money on the low-acid "Healthwise", it tastes like straight garbage.

I do the green mountain Decaf light roast. I find it to be the best for my stomach, acid wise. This site also sells an acid-free coffee. Its decent.
Stay away from Panera coffee! Way too acidic!

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Okay, so I have to ask. I was a on and off coffee drinker before surgery. But now we have to Decaf everything. So I drank coffee for the caffeine but decaf had none. So my question is what the purpose for decaf. Is it just for the taste.

If you are looking for Decaf coffee to kick caffeine then you may to try microbatch and specialty roasters. That translates to $$$.

If it's for protection of the new gastro it's going to be low or no acid coffee you are looking for.

Either of way, choose the lesser of the evils you can handle or mix them. Consult your NUT/Team, don't count reg coffee towards hydration (caffeine is a diuretic) and maybe try tea or herbal coffee sometimes instead.

Safe Journey 🎈

I just drink regular coffee. Decaf is like drinking nonalcoholic beer. I don't see the point. I was told to go by the pee chart and don't seem to have a problem drinking Water throughout the day. Here's the pee chart.328948741_peechart.jpg.8c741421d041c6734e1737f83a18ac5b.jpg

Ive never seen the chart. I'm bad because I don't keep track of my Water like I should. I keep an eye on color. Too yellow need to drink more. I try to listen to my body instead

@Ofordnew I'd like to drink for the taste and the habit of drinking something hot in the morning.

Thank you, I just wanted to really know if drinking for being part of a routine or if it has just a little caffeine in it. Lol that I could get a boost.

Thank you, I just wanted to really know if drinking for being part of a routine or if it has just a little caffeine in it. Lol that I could get a boost.
Decaf coffee has trace amounts of caffeine in it. Not enough to get "a boost".

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app