Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Six months post-op+ : The Sophomores Thread

On 04/05/2019 at 05:45, FluffyChix said:

image.png.8558831d6c46fadc0d4960dbe76f2759.png

I miss the weeks of losing 2-3lbs in a week. :( Had to remind myself of this. Saw this and wanted to share. Any of you sophomores feel this way?

I’ve been bouncing around 180 for like two months! I’m getting discouraged and not tracking, but eating fairly on track and well it’s frustrating!

Update 4

Bilirubin went up to 6.1 and other liver enzymes increased as well. Staying in the hospital until the biopsy results come back unless my liver decides to spontaneously cure itself. Did some hallway laps and I feel like I am moving in slow motion. They stopped the diuretic I was taking and my legs and hands are swollen. My son said I could be one of the Simpsons because I am yellow. I am the only female patient on this ward and the nurses aids keep asking me where the urinal is hanging. I keep having to explain the hat is in the bathroom...at least I can eat now. I can’t tolerate much, but my husband brought up my Protein Shakes and those are going down. There master plan of with holding food while fighting over the best treatment plan brought my Protein down to 5.1 and my resting heart rate is now dropping to under 40, so every time I fall asleep they wake me up to make sure I am still alive.

I wish I could pass my dogs off as service dogs...the one on my profile pic is part pit, but she is super snuggly 72lb baby. She looks tough but is scared of other dogs and peed in the corner at the vet when another smaller dog tried to visit. She was in pretty rough shape when I brought her home last year.

7 hours ago, okayestmom said:

Update 4

Bilirubin went up to 6.1 and other liver enzymes increased as well. Staying in the hospital until the biopsy results come back unless my liver decides to spontaneously cure itself. Did some hallway laps and I feel like I am moving in slow motion. They stopped the diuretic I was taking and my legs and hands are swollen. My son said I could be one of the Simpsons because I am yellow. I am the only female patient on this ward and the nurses aids keep asking me where the urinal is hanging. I keep having to explain the hat is in the bathroom...at least I can eat now. I can’t tolerate much, but my husband brought up my Protein Shakes and those are going down. There master plan of with holding food while fighting over the best treatment plan brought my Protein down to 5.1 and my resting heart rate is now dropping to under 40, so every time I fall asleep they wake me up to make sure I am still alive.

I wish I could pass my dogs off as service dogs...the one on my profile pic is part pit, but she is super snuggly 72lb baby. She looks tough but is scared of other dogs and peed in the corner at the vet when another smaller dog tried to visit. She was in pretty rough shape when I brought her home last year.

What are they saying is the plan now?

On 4/3/2019 at 6:31 PM, sideeye said:

I should note this is in an armchair, so we’re both relaxed. He sort of lounges into it, then gets to snuggle me into whatever shape works.

Not like a ventriloquist and his dummy on a bar stool, which would be even weirder than getting toted around.

Ok i managed to avoid being carried or anything like it for now... Crisis averted. I will definitely ask for sitting play instead if it comes up again.

Sorry vacay is over 😭😭😭😭

8 hours ago, okayestmom said:

Update 4

It just occurred to me. Is there any possibility it is your Protein Drinks making your liver enzymes rise? Maybe ask the docs? So sorry you are going through this. How scary!!! ((hugs)) Saying prayers!

7 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Sorry vacay is over 😭😭 😭 😭

Me too, but... I have to say how delighted I am that I’m not remotely heartbroken? I had an awesome time, I had a hell of a lot of fun with VacayBoo, but I am completely serene and content right now. Best of all possible worlds.

17 hours ago, sideeye said:

Me too, but... I have to say how delighted I am that I’m not remotely heartbroken? I had an awesome time, I had a hell of a lot of fun with VacayBoo, but I am completely serene and content right now. Best of all possible worlds.

Amazing ! Completely happy for you 💜

1 minute ago, GreenTealael said:

I DID NOT escape being carried 😭

Neither did I! Don't know what he was thinking! I'm sure he hasn't read this thread!

25 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Neither did I! Don't know what he was thinking! I'm sure he hasn't read this thread!

OMG is this normal !!! Everyone just getting carried once they become light enough?

Is this how the other half always lived? 😅😅😅😅😅

On 4/3/2019 at 8:02 AM, okayestmom said:

I am at the VA in Temple, Texas. They also just discontinued my IV fluids because my antibiotics are done. I told them I think I needed them, and the response I got back from the nurse is that the Doctor thinks it is okay for now. My husband is on his way up here now. We are less than 20 miles from the hospital. Thanks for the offer though. Hopefully when the Drs. Start rounds we can get things cleared up.

I live very close to there and my husband receives all his medical care there. As VA goes I think it is a pretty good one. I hope you have a gastroenterologist involved in all this since it sounds a little confusing. If you need any kind of help please let me know here or via private message.

This carrying stuff is a new one for me and this thread is hilarious. While I have been lifted a few times😜 I do not remember my husband ever carrying me anywhere except over the threshold of our new house purchased a month after our wedding. I feel left out....are y'all counting this as a NSV??

Edited by MIZ60

11 minutes ago, MIZ60 said:

This carrying stuff is a new one for me and this thread is hilarious. While I have been lifted a few times😜 I do not remember my husband ever carrying me anywhere except over the threshold of our new house purchased a month after our wedding. I feel left out....are y'all counting this as a NSV??

No, not an NSV, because I don't think there's one of us who wants it! More like a lost-weight penalty!

3 hours ago, MIZ60 said:

I dont like it. 😭