Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Six months post-op+ : The Sophomores Thread

2 minutes ago, BadWolf523 said:

SW: 290
CW:192
GW:160

10 months in and nearly 100lbs down. I can’t believe I made it this far. So close to my goal weight. Never thought I’d see the 100’s.

How's the journey so far !?!?!?!

9 months post Gastric Bypass stats:
5’10”
HW 5/17/18: 325lbs
SW 9/17/18: 304lbs
CW: 185lbs
GW / Ideal weight per surgeon: 165
I’m willing to go as low as 150lbs

I’m training for 2 half marathons and a full marathon (September,October,December) and my struggle will be keeping my weight above 149lbs. I’ve slowly increased my intake to 1000 cals and then 1200 cals but my training will pick up in the next couple of weeks and I know I’ll need to eat even more. I never thought I’d struggle to eat enough but when I was training for my quarter marathon earlier this year lack of food made me feel weak at random times smh.

Hiya Fellow Buckeye! I'm still a little behind you at just under 200, but it goes, it goes! You're 20 pounds from your goak, I'm 25 from mine. And I am proud to state I now know a bono fide Marathoner, you seem to have done GREAT. Will continue to watch for updates from YOU!❤

Hey all! I’ll be at 9 months July 1st from my sleeve surgery. I can’t believe it’s been that long!! I lost almost 80 lbs, starting at 256 and down to 179.

So I’ve been stalled for about two months. That scale just isn’t budging!!! I don’t feel a huge difference in clothes size lately so it’s not like I’m losing inches and not weight.

I know a huge part of that is that my elliptical had to go into storage when I moved in with my boyfriend. His place is small and there just isn’t room for it. I don’t have money for a gym and I’ve always kind of hated gyms, so my exercise is very limited. I’m in NJ so, weather permitting, I take walks while on break at work and after work, but that’s about it.

I’d like to lose another 25 pounds, but maybe that’s unrealistic? I feel great and I’m the smallest I’ve ever been in my adult life, I just don’t want to see the scale creep up!! My dad keeps saying I’m going to gain it all back the way he did (very supportive, I know!)

I’m eating every few hours but also - I’m HUNGRY!! It may be a medication I’m taking for depression, but I’m hungry a LOT and crave food before bed.

Thanks for listening :)

@JennieJuniper

You might try out this thread on intermittent fasting. Quite a few people have been using it with success. Good luck.

On 9/3/2018 at 8:52 AM, FluffyChix said:

Hey y'all! Anyone and everyone is welcome to jump in and join us.

This is the Intermittent Fasting DAily Menu/Results/Accountability Thread. It's where a few of us (or many) are going to log in and encourage each other while we experiment with our own IF plans. You can list or talk about anything--not just your food. I look forward to adding in HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) and core exercises to my walking plan while practicing IF. So expect to hear about that too. ;) hehe I expect some of us will talk about the known IF side-effects like insomnia, circadian rhythm disturbance, etc. It's all good! Let's hack this IF mofo! mkay? :D

There is not any 1 specific IF plan--there are so many to choose from, so this is a BYOIFP (bring-your-own-IF-plan) and join the fun! This is the thread where we'll post our daily menus and maybe some piccys at times! We can discuss progress, issues we might notice, look at how we may want to refine our own personal plans. I do think you should be healed from surgery and have your doctor's and RD's blessings to try something like this and you should do a ton of research and reading about Intermittent Fasting.

IF isn't only about weight loss, it's about taking specific measures to limit either quantities, calories, macros, or sometimes only consciously altering eating windows/schedules in order to effect metabolic change and reduce inflammation and improve health markers.

Ok, let's do this thang!!!

Edited by Orchids&Dragons

Hey all! I’ll be at 9 months July 1st from my sleeve surgery. I can’t believe it’s been that long!! I lost almost 80 lbs, starting at 256 and down to 179.

So I’ve been stalled for about two months. That scale just isn’t budging!!! I don’t feel a huge difference in clothes size lately so it’s not like I’m losing inches and not weight.

I know a huge part of that is that my elliptical had to go into storage when I moved in with my boyfriend. His place is small and there just isn’t room for it. I don’t have money for a gym and I’ve always kind of hated gyms, so my exercise is very limited. I’m in NJ so, weather permitting, I take walks while on break at work and after work, but that’s about it.

I’d like to lose another 25 pounds, but maybe that’s unrealistic? I feel great and I’m the smallest I’ve ever been in my adult life, I just don’t want to see the scale creep up!! My dad keeps saying I’m going to gain it all back the way he did (very supportive, I know!)

I’m eating every few hours but also - I’m HUNGRY!! It may be a medication I’m taking for depression, but I’m hungry a LOT and crave food before bed.

Thanks for listening :)

I’m 6 months out and also stalled for a month. I started a 30 day yoga program at home using my Amazon prime membership (lots of free yoga instruction on there!). After two weeks of doing yoga 4-5 days a week I dropped 4 pounds and I lost another 2 last week. It’s pretty hard and I’m sore a lot! I also notice I can eat a bit more than I could but my hunger is at least in control for the moment. I try to stay around 1000 calories a day. Dr says I should hit 1200. I do about once a week. This is hard work people! Sending some support your way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@orchids&dragons
I saw that thread but am not familiar with the process or results. What does intermittent do overall? Maybe I’ll PM fluffychix... thanks!

3 hours ago, JennieJuniper said:

@orchids&dragons
I saw that thread but am not familiar with the process or results. What does intermittent do overall? Maybe I’ll PM fluffychix... thanks!

Yes, that's a good idea. She and @GreenTealael are IF gurus!

I hit the infamous 6 month mark yesterday. The last two months have been stupid slow in the weight loss department. I will admit I’ve been discouraged. I fuss at myself a lot. I stay on my eating program 100%! Exercise and walking not so much. I even have an expensive recumbent bike right here in the living room but... anyway. I ve finally lost 55 lbs. about 1/2 there

@Frustr8
That’s awesome that you’re so close to goal!! Keep pushing! How do you feel? Thank you 💜💜

Greetings Everyone! I'm almost 7 months out and doing really well down from 258 to 171 pounds on the scale today!

With a petite frame at 5 feet tall - I wish to continue for a goal around 130 pounds (or less) to feel my best. So far my restriction remains intact, and I adhere strictly to plan + lifestyle. I love my sleeve and grateful to no longer be a slave to toxic foods! So, hopefully... By this December - I might be at goal?! Hitting goal will be the BEST Christmas present from Santa ever. He won't be getting Christmas Cookies this year either, but rather crispy carrot sticks and a yummy dip. Haha!

Hope everyone survived the big eating holiday surrounding 4th of July. Oh boy. This year we traded out our traditional hot dogs, potato chips, Pepsi, macaroni salad, apple pie and ice cream FOR shrimp kebobs, grilled street corn, watermelon + Tomato salad with roasted hazelnuts (yum!) and sugar free chia chocolate pudding.

It is so inspiring and I feel privileged to know and track with you all. Continued best wishes to all our Sophomores! You rock. Thank you to all our 2018 veterans that propel us forward with their knowledge, experience and insights.