Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Six months post-op+ : The Sophomores Thread

Update 3- made it out of GI procedure without problems. Gallbladder tomorrow. Still a tad high...

9 minutes ago, okayestmom said:

Update 3- made it out of GI procedure without problems. Gallbladder tomorrow. Still a tad high...

Hope all goes smoothly tomorrow!

14 hours ago, sideeye said:

We’ve found a middle ground where I sit on his lap, which apparently ticks his box and makes it possible for me to NOT freak out about one of us tripping/breaking/needing medical intervention... I think he just likes the feeling of me relaxing against him completely.

I should note this is in an armchair, so we’re both relaxed. He sort of lounges into it, then gets to snuggle me into whatever shape works.

Not like a ventriloquist and his dummy on a bar stool, which would be even weirder than getting toted around.

4 minutes ago, sideeye said:

I should note this is in an armchair, so we’re both relaxed. He sort of lounges into it, then gets to snuggle me into whatever shape works.

Not like a ventriloquist and his dummy on a bar stool, which would be even weirder than getting toted around.

🤣 I was actually picturing you awkwardly perched on his knee

Confirmed: for my guy at least, it’s the feeling of me being totally relaxed in a way that puts most of my weight on him. Now that might not be the same deal for a guy who wants to princess-carry you; mine was always just trying to lift me off my feet and possibly get me to wrap around him.

But now my vacation is done so experimentation in that direction has once again gone on hiatus. Boo, hiss!

On 04/03/2019 at 15:42, superthin said:

I needed this page, I’m at ten months and I’m losing my mojo and have put on a few pounds when I still have plenty more to lose. Menopause is kicking my ass though. It’s like I’m in constant pms with the nutty cravings.
Glad you found this app! Welcome! Keep on keeping on!😊

Update #3

I had gallbladder removed and liver biopsy yesterday. I guess it all went okay, all I know is they told me 3 incisions, but I have 4. I was able to eat some food last night, but not much. I will know more after rounds today. They did more lab work at 11:00pm last night. I have a little bit of gas pain in the right shoulder, just enough that I can’t lay down. Trying to walk it off. They did say yesterday that if all my other labs are going down they can monitor my bilirubin as an outpatient. I tested negative for all the hepatitis types. I suggested it might be my thyroid and was advised they are unrelated...I was only 9 lbs away from my goal weight and when I reached it I was going to have a glass of wine. I guess my liver disagrees with the plan. Now I just want to snuggle with my dogs again and not lose all the progress I was making at the gym. My hair was starting to come back, but now it is falling out again.

Also, I wonder if I can return to work while I am still yellow...we have testing next week. It might be fun to freak the kids out with my yellow haha.

2 hours ago, okayestmom said:

Update #3

I had gallbladder removed and liver biopsy yesterday. I guess it all went okay, all I know is they told me 3 incisions, but I have 4. I was able to eat some food last night, but not much. I will know more after rounds today. They did more lab work at 11:00pm last night. I have a little bit of gas pain in the right shoulder, just enough that I can’t lay down. Trying to walk it off. They did say yesterday that if all my other labs are going down they can monitor my bilirubin as an outpatient. I tested negative for all the hepatitis types. I suggested it might be my thyroid and was advised they are unrelated...I was only 9 lbs away from my goal weight and when I reached it I was going to have a glass of wine. I guess my liver disagrees with the plan. Now I just want to snuggle with my dogs again and not lose all the progress I was making at the gym. My hair was starting to come back, but now it is falling out again.

Also, I wonder if I can return to work while I am still yellow...we have testing next week. It might be fun to freak the kids out with my yellow haha.

I'm glad the surgery went well and that you've gotten good results from the labs so far. Hope you have a speedy recovery and that this fixes all your issues.

image.png.8558831d6c46fadc0d4960dbe76f2759.png

I miss the weeks of losing 2-3lbs in a week. :( Had to remind myself of this. Saw this and wanted to share. Any of you sophomores feel this way?

image.png.8558831d6c46fadc0d4960dbe76f2759.png

I miss the weeks of losing 2-3lbs in a week. :( Had to remind myself of this. Saw this and wanted to share. Any of you sophomores feel this way?

I totally hear you. This last 20 seems like it will never come off. Yesterday was my husband birthday so I made him a cake. I did not eat any cake however I did lick the icing spoon. I looked at the spoon and was like well I will not loss any weight this week because of that one lick 😞

What does Maintenance phase men? When do you get to Maintenance phase? Is it once you hit a year out? Is it a time thing? I had my sleeve in July so I still have four months til I hit a year. Just curious. I am still losing.

5 minutes ago, Kris77 said:

What does Maintenance phase men? When do you get to Maintenance phase? Is it once you hit a year out? Is it a time thing? I had my sleeve in July so I still have four months til I hit a year. Just curious. I am still losing.

It mean you have hit your goal and to stay at or near your targeted weight

On 04/05/2019 at 20:13, sillykitty said:

It mean you have hit your goal and to stay at or near your targeted weight

Oh ok. Starting weight was 231. CW 150....surgeon said I’ll get to 145. My personal goal is 135. I know I can do it!!

16 hours ago, okayestmom said:

Update #3

💜 Safe Recovery 💜