Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Six months post-op+ : The Sophomores Thread

2 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

What are they?

Omgosh, what a sheltered life you've led! 😂

1 minute ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

I agree. One thing he mentions (I'm not sure if it was this video) is that we have to get to the point where we don't identify as weight-loss patients. I'm not sure if I agree with that. I think we always have to be cognizant that what goes down can go back up if you're not diligent. Also, we can't forget the challenges we have to get enough nutrition when our intake is much less than other people's. We also need to ask, every d@mn time, if meds we are prescribed will work properly with our altered anatomy, etc.

Agree. I don't think I want to quit being aware of my WLS. It does partially define me. I have a different set of rules from a normie. I may be "normal size" now, but I will not every live in a normie's body. Right? I have a beeeeeellllion hungry little fat cells, ravenous AF, just waiting for me to say, "WTF, let's eat pizza tonight." Right? And yet that STILL doesn't make me perfect and 100% able to resist. So I eat it and guess what? Next day I might be up 5lbs! LOL. Friday I made a green smoothie to break my fast and then just had Matcha Yogurt. No overeating. No badgirl stuff. The next day I was up 4lbs. LOL.

So I will always have to be aware of my own personal sh*tty sh*tty bang bang journey. And yes, yes, YES! On taking in our nutrition and not just coasting!! So importante.

5 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Omgosh, what a sheltered life you've led! 😂

No. I'm just a dumb a*s. LOL. I couldn't figure out the name of the candy! So they're like gummies but sour cherry. Right? Cuz if so...hold me. Even knowing how evil Gummy bears (sugar free) are, I would sit and eat a pound of them--especially if they are directly out of the deep freeze. OMG.

51 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

No. I'm just a dumb a*s. LOL. I couldn't figure out the name of the candy! So they're like gummies but sour cherry. Right? Cuz if so...hold me. Even knowing how evil Gummy bears (sugar free) are, I would sit and eat a pound of them--especially if they are directly out of the deep freeze. OMG.

Maybe I've led the sheltered life! I've never tried putting gummies in the freezer!

On 03/24/2019 at 09:46, GreenTealael said:

Y'all

Move date last night ( Us by Jordan Peele ... Sooooo good!) and at GNC lookie lookie what i discovered anf snuck in 😂😂😂...

Did anyone else know about this?

1 bag is 100% of the RDA of Fiber ! I shared and only ate about 1/2 or 1/3 of the bag, but... They are AMAZING

Do me a favor and try for yourself 😍

20190324_103225.jpg

20190324_103237.jpg

20190324_103244.jpg

Omg!! Thank you!! I have the worst sweet tooth that did NOT go away with sleeve surgery!! (Some people say they lose their sweet tooth after-I did not unfortunately)
They look so good!! Def going to try them! Hope they sell them down here in Texas!!

Going back to Dr. V’s talk about getting your head straight. I’ve been able to break my plateau by working with the Noom app. It teaches you every little psychology trick you can think of to help maximize your weight loss and helps you set goals for self-care and healthy habits. For me, it’s the missing piece between nutrition facts and psychotherapy. I’m learning so much. You can do a 2 week free trial.

On 03/22/2019 at 12:59, FluffyChix said:

Ok, newbie sophomores...give us some entertaining stuff! What are you grinding on right now that you are officially tweeners? Welcome to the club!

1. I am overwhelmed by clothes shopping. I have literally nothing to wear for spring or summer, I have an amazing trip planned for Hawaii and I want to look great in my clothes but keep going in stores and not buying anything. Do they have nude beaches??? Hope so or else I’m gonna spend all of Hawaii in jail.

2. I’ve realized that every single pound from this point forward is going to come off only with really hard work and dedication. I feel mixed about that. I still want to lose 30 and that seems ... challenging.

3. I worry that I am a “bad” Bariatric patient because I eat all kinds of foods.

4. My neck looks just ridiculous. Lol. It looks like it is melting off.

5. I am y’all 5’9” and super limber and sometimes Iately I feel like a praying mantis with my long long legs.

6. Sex is way more fun lately. (5 and 6 kind of related)

7. My feet shrunk from an 11 to a 10 and a whole shoe world has opened to me.

8. My love for coffee has deepened to an alarming level. It is probably not the healthiest. But as a night shift RN in an ICU and a mom to 3 young kids, people will have to pry the Dunkin’ Donuts coffee with cream and Splenda from my cold, my freezing icy numb cold dead hands.

I'm in a super stall and it's so sad over a month and the scale goes up and down 2 pounds lol I'm at 5 months started at 265 I'm stuck between 212 and 214 I so badly want to see 199 lol I was a size 22 pants I'm now a 14 so I'm happy. But totally feeling the same way. My sister said "eat more" drink more Water and start walking or being active. Eating more never sounds appealing I was thinking about doing a 3 day shakes only reset? I dont know.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

HI folks, I'm a little over 8 months out from my surgery and lately I feel as if I've failed. I've only lost 36 pounds since my surgery (just over 60 pounds from my heaviest weight last year) and my surgeon is concerned. Things I'm trying:

Drinking lots more Water -- I was stuck on 60 to 64 ounces for months but now I shoot for 80

Measuring, measuring, measuring -- I was just eyeballing before and after actually MEASURING what I was eating it was eye opening to say the least 😕

Eating like I just had surgery -- tiny bites, counting my chews, putting my fork/spoon down between bites and taking a long time to eat -- I've always been a speedy eater and it's been a hard habit to break

Adding a HIIT day to my workouts -- I lift 2 days a week and walk at least 45 minutes every day -- doctor wants me to do more cardio but I HATE cardio

Tracking every damn thing I put in my mouth -- even those Trader Joe's samples

Getting at least 90 grams of Protein daily

What piece of the puzzle am I missing? Any words of wisdom from you vets? I'm trying not to compare myself to some members' AMAZING weight loss progress, but it's hard not to get down about it.

On 03/24/2019 at 09:46, GreenTealael said:

Y'all

Move date last night ( Us by Jordan Peele ... Sooooo good!) and at GNC lookie lookie what i discovered anf snuck in 😂😂😂...

Did anyone else know about this?

1 bag is 100% of the RDA of Fiber ! I shared and only ate about 1/2 or 1/3 of the bag, but... They are AMAZING

Do me a favor and try for yourself 😍

20190324_103225.jpg

20190324_103237.jpg

20190324_103244.jpg

How was “Us”?!?! I want to see it but I’m a little nervous it’ll be too scary/gory for me! I loved Get Out but generally horror isn’t my genre...

I also am not sure who I’d go with and while some movies I’m willing to do solo this one seems like I’d want to be with someone else for it...

On 03/25/2019 at 07:09, thatch said:

HI folks, I'm a little over 8 months out from my surgery and lately I feel as if I've failed. I've only lost 36 pounds since my surgery (just over 60 pounds from my heaviest weight last year) and my surgeon is concerned. Things I'm trying:

Drinking lots more Water -- I was stuck on 60 to 64 ounces for months but now I shoot for 80

Measuring, measuring, measuring -- I was just eyeballing before and after actually MEASURING what I was eating it was eye opening to say the least 😕

Eating like I just had surgery -- tiny bites, counting my chews, putting my fork/spoon down between bites and taking a long time to eat -- I've always been a speedy eater and it's been a hard habit to break

Adding a HIIT day to my workouts -- I lift 2 days a week and walk at least 45 minutes every day -- doctor wants me to do more cardio but I HATE cardio

Tracking every damn thing I put in my mouth -- even those Trader Joe's samples

Getting at least 90 grams of Protein daily

What piece of the puzzle am I missing? Any words of wisdom from you vets? I'm trying not to compare myself to some members' AMAZING weight loss progress, but it's hard not to get down about it.

60 pounds is great!!! Don’t discount that. It didn’t all come on in 8 mos so give it time to come back off. Now that you’re measuring, slowing down while eating etc maybe you will start to see more results in the scale. Meanwhile keep forging ahead. YOU CAN DO IT!😊👍🏻

On 03/24/2019 at 21:19, dndshepherd said:

I'm in a super stall and it's so sad over a month and the scale goes up and down 2 pounds lol I'm at 5 months started at 265 I'm stuck between 212 and 214 I so badly want to see 199 lol I was a size 22 pants I'm now a 14 so I'm happy. But totally feeling the same way. My sister said "eat more" drink more Water and start walking or being active. Eating more never sounds appealing I was thinking about doing a 3 day shakes only reset? I dont know.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I’m in a two month stall so I feel you! I’ve been hovering between 203-206 since the beginning of February, gaining and losing the same couple pounds over and over. I thought about doing a super drastic reset, but before I go there I’m going to try to take a few weeks of being really mindful about my eating and tracking everything on my fitness pal. I’m hoping that if I can cut down on all the miscellaneous other food/snacking that I have been doing unconsciously, I’ll be able to make a difference. If I can’t bust up the plateau that way then I’ll consider doing the reset with the shakes!

41 minutes ago, AEdoesRnY said:

How was “Us”?!?! I want to see it but I’m a little nervous it’ll be too scary/gory for me! I loved Get Out but generally horror isn’t my genre...

I also am not sure who I’d go with and while some movies I’m willing to do solo this one seems like I’d want to be with someone else for it...

It was really good and not too scary all! I was worried about that also. More of a horror/ psychological thriller...

Hi all. Just like everyone else here I hit the dreaded stalls from time to time. I had the sleeve. I’m at just about 8 months and down 94lbs. I’ve been at the place where I am stuck for what seems like 3 weeks sometimes. Here’s what I do: if I’m stuck for a week at the same weight I wait a whole week before weighing myself again. If I’m still stuck I wait another week. I make sure I get at least 3 good cardio workouts in for more than 45 minutes that week. I try to eat more! Yup ,, that’s right. I have found most of my stalls are pre-menstral and when I’m not eating enough. I recommend to take some time off from focusing on numeric pounds if you’re feeling frustrated. There is a big change in the way your clothes fit and hopefully the way you probably feel. This is a journey of self care so don’t beat yourself up. We’ve all been there! Celebrate your positives and focus on that! Good luck!!!