Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Six months post-op+ : The Sophomores Thread

I think i fit in this spot now im 7months out down 120.lbs so far feeling pretty good so far need to up cadio and have started yoga wow im not good at that feel kinda stupid just keep moving forward and to my goal still have food problems i do have good work arounds and go back to the old faithful oatmeal pretty regular if dinner dont stick thank you to all the advise and support

Ok, newbie sophomores...give us some entertaining stuff! What are you grinding on right now that you are officially tweeners? Welcome to the club!

Things I’m grinding on: I’m bad at taking my Vitamins, my hair is thinner than it been so yes I need to take my vitamins! I’m only hungry during PMS week! Otherwise I could care less about food! I bought clothes 3 weeks ago, just a few things but they don’t fit anymore! I ve been working out but am starting to see excess skin in arms and under chin. bread, Pasta and rice especially is a no go! 1 bite and I’m in pain for a solid 35 minutes! I eat the Protein first all day every day, but I really just want one whole asparagus spear! How about a small salad.... sigh... those were the days!!!! However, 94 pounds down so totally worth it!! I Love when we go out to eat that it freaks waiters out that I have two sips of Water and barely eat anything! They always think I don’t like the meal, I tell them I’m stuffed but they are so skeptical!!!! Soooo.... that’s where I’m at, thanks for asking LOL! Whew that felt good!

Hey all. Thanks for all the tips. I worked hard this week and shook my routine WAY up and got paid back with a 4.5 loss and reached Onederland after 3 months of hovering at 202-204. 🙌

8 hours ago, Rosie T said:

Hey all. Thanks for all the tips. I worked hard this week and shook my routine WAY up and got paid back with a 4.5 loss and reached Onederland after 3 months of hovering at 202-204. 🙌

Yeah!!!!! Congrats!

48 minutes ago, NewAnna said:

Struggling with hunger issues! Real bad at night. Any suggestions?

I do a couple of almonds, then crystal lite lemonade. coffee doesn’t impact my sleep so sometimes I’ll have a cup of that. For some reason liquid mostly ticks my night-hunger box?

At night I’ll do a glass of skim milk. Bonus calcium!

8 hours ago, Rosie T said:

So grateful for you sharing your success story! I’ve been hovering 203-206 for two months, and I kind of gave up hope of getting into the hundreds and started working on accepting this being my final weight loss total and accepting where I’m at now. I still think I’d love to lose another 20-25 lbs so I’m going to keep trying, and seeing you break through your plateau is encouraging, but at the same time I’ve also been trying to practice some self-love and self-acceptance with where I’m at now in case my body has decided it’s done!

I like popcorn in my silicon popper made with just a touch of oil. Works well for my evening munchie.

Just finished my first post-surgery 5K and damn that compression gear is making me look skinnnnnnyy!

Also I finished in 42:53! Under 14 min mile! I’m super excited about that after having two months of not working out (injury+personal stuff happening). Looking forward to my 10K on 5/20, even if I’m feeling pretty nervous too!

image-0.00607967376708984.jpg

36 minutes ago, AEdoesRnY said:

Just finished my first post-surgery 5K and damn that compression gear is making me look skinnnnnnyy!

Also I finished in 42:53! Under 14 min mile! I’m super excited about that after having two months of not working out (injury+personal stuff happening). Looking forward to my 10K on 5/20, even if I’m feeling pretty nervous too!

image-0.00607967376708984.jpg

Congrats! You're lookin' FINE, woman!

On 03/23/2019 at 12:05, Orchids&Dragons said:

Congrats! You're lookin' FINE, woman!

Thank you!!! The pic is making me feel good because after two months of being stalled I’ve been feeling crappy about myself and how I look and while I’ve been trying to emotionally push past that, sometimes what I need is photographic proof as reassurance!

1 hour ago, AEdoesRnY said:

Thank you!!! The pic is making me feel good because after two months of being stalled I’ve been feeling crappy about myself and how I look and while I’ve been trying to emotionally push past that, sometimes what I need is photographic proof as reassurance!

Photographic proof as well as the physical proof of your 5K time!