Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Six months post-op+ : The Sophomores Thread

8 hours ago, BadWolf523 said:

Anyone lose their appetite? Like sometimes I get hungry but never have a taste for anything. Anyone else become abnormally picky.

Me sometimes, which is why I eat a lot of the same things *ahem* yogurt. But if that stops for no good reason y'all... We definitely have a problem

It’s hard for me to not fall into ruts and eat the same things prettty much every day (eggs, Protein Bars, veggie Soup, Greek yogurt - lather rinse repeat)

I certainly fall into ruts. Breakfast is always coffee and a Protein Belvita bar. I know the bars aren’t super healthy, but it’s 10g of protein and the carbs are good morning energy. Plus they’re tasty and I can enjoy it while I go through my morning work emails. I try to go low carb after that.

lunch is always basically meat. There might be a little veggies involved, but I typically try to fill up on the protein parts of whatever I’m eating. I like getting the freezer lean cuisines or smart ones and basically eating everything but the carbs in them. It ends up being a good portion for my pouch once the carbs are removed.

Dinner’s always meat and veg. Usually chicken. I live for taco day. I could eat Mexican food and dishes (minus the rice or shells) every day and be a very happy girl.

I am seriously buckling down on the head hunger battle. Has anyone tried therapy for specifically this? I know the answer is “find something else to do” or “don’t do it”... but I’m wondering if anyone has had luck with therapists in finding strategies to not cave.

Show me tacos!!!

How many can y'all eat? (crispy beef or chicken tacos)

How much until you are "just" satisfied rather than "finished"? :)

Can usually eat two small tacos.. basically either chicken or beef.. or sometimes chorizo.. Chicken can sometimes be a little tough for me to digest if it is over cooked. But I usually top them with salsa Fresca (tomato, onion, jalapeño, cilantro) and some low fat cheese. I’ll use shredded lettuce if we have anything.

The craziest thing is before surgery I was super picky... but now? Not so much.

16 minutes ago, insta_adventurer said:

Can usually eat two small tacos.. basically either chicken or beef.. or sometimes chorizo.. chicken can sometimes be a little tough for me to digest if it is over cooked. But I usually top them with salsa Fresca (tomato, onion, jalapeño, cilantro) and some low fat cheese. I’ll use shredded lettuce if we have anything.

The craziest thing is before surgery I was super picky... but now? Not so much.

*drool* More Soup for me tonight on account of cold, but next Tuesday? Color me taco flavored! :D

I finally hit the 180’s yes. So I’ve up my exercises to include the bicycle and it’s my cardio as well. What is everyone doing to move their bodies? Calories are at 880 but I try to leave about 100-150 on the table. So how is everyone doing ??

On 02/20/2019 at 21:27, GreenTealael said:

Me sometimes, which is why I eat a lot of the same things *ahem* yogurt. But if that stops for no good reason y'all... We definitely have a problem

I literally eat four foods, avocado, cashews, cheese, and fruits (mostly strawberries and grapes)

On 02/21/2019 at 08:51, clsumrall said:

I finally hit the 180’s yes. So I’ve up my exercises to include the bicycle and it’s my cardio as well. What is everyone doing to move their bodies? Calories are at 880 but I try to leave about 100-150 on the table. So how is everyone doing ??
I’m 15 lbs from 199 and I can’t wait

I’m 6.5 months post op, and have been bouncing around the same numbers for a week or two or three. I’m about 30 lbs from my goal, lost 70 so far .... but I feel in a rut. I’m snacking more, tracking less, still working out like a beast ... but anyone else hit this kinda phase when their weight loss slowed?

Yep all of January was up and down but February has been kinder. Adding more Water back in to my daily routine 80-100 ounces and 10 min of cardio every day and keeping my fat to about 20-30 grams. Today it’s helping try not to look back but focus on today. :)

2 hours ago, BadWolf523 said:

I literally eat four foods, avocado, cashews, cheese, and fruits (mostly strawberries and grapes)

What do you do for Protein?

Oh man. My taco love is so strong I participated in team lunch, because they were going to a Mexican place. I never go to team lunch, because I’m a total “lunch bringer”, but the tacos were calling my name! Had taco al pastor refrained Beans and a beef enchilada. I’ve go the enchilada left and some beans for tomorrow.

20 hours ago, insta_adventurer said:

I certainly fall into ruts. Breakfast is always coffee and a Protein Belvita bar. I know the bars aren’t super healthy, but it’s 10g of Protein and the carbs are good morning energy. Plus they’re tasty and I can enjoy it while I go through my morning work emails. I try to go low carb after that.

lunch is always basically meat. There might be a little veggies involved, but I typically try to fill up on the protein parts of whatever I’m eating. I like getting the freezer lean cuisines or smart ones and basically eating everything but the carbs in them. It ends up being a good portion for my pouch once the carbs are removed.

Dinner’s always meat and veg. Usually chicken. I live for taco day. I could eat Mexican food and dishes (minus the rice or shells) every day and be a very happy girl.

I am seriously buckling down on the head hunger battle. Has anyone tried therapy for specifically this? I know the answer is “find something else to do” or “don’t do it”... but I’m wondering if anyone has had luck with therapists in finding strategies to not cave.

Hi, I am currently pre op, but I’m loving this thread. In terms of “head hunger”, I’ve fount EFT really helpful for cravings and emotional eating. It might look a little woo woo but there’s good evidence behind it. Here’s a video of it in case you’re interested:

On 2/21/2019 at 4:22 AM, FluffyChix said:

Show me tacos!!!

How many can y'all eat? (crispy beef or chicken tacos)

How much until you are "just" satisfied rather than "finished"? :)

Tacos, did you say tacos??

Ensenada style, fried fish with cabbage and crema!

IMG_1201.thumb.jpg.e36604ee155f0c43f4ef87266616fe0f.jpg

IMG_1202.thumb.jpg.3fdc6d27a4144963a1e18c4fc980a92d.jpg

This was comfortably full, for me