Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Six months post-op+ : The Sophomores Thread

9 hours ago, sideeye said:

Reverse SAD: actual thing. Summer makes me depressed.

Shopping: I can wear proper fitted shirts now! No gaping because of breasts, smooth line down to my hip! Look! Might actually be a size 10 pant now in some designers, and actually had an enjoyable time wandering around and trying stuff on. Did not purchase anything and feel great that I had no impulse to “buy something to make the trip worth the effort” or get the best option out of a bad set.

date: perfectly nice guy, enjoyable conversation, no spark. Hmmm. May give it one more go, but a good re-entry into the pool.

Vacation: will absolutely share photos. It’s going to be gorgeous.

3663E163-EDB8-4D1D-964D-B55AD5DCBFBA.jpeg

Oooooooo beautiful!!!! And look at that smirk! Your contrapposto exudes confidence too. These boys aren't going to know what hit them...

@sideeye You look great! Are those comfortable flats/wedges? I need details, please!

They’re Clarks Purity wedges, I can’t find them ANYWHERE anymore, and I am going to repair them until the cobbler breaks up with me. They’re my favorite favorite favorite. I intend to spend most of this spring finding a back-up from another retailer because I will go mad if they wear through.

Has anyone tried banana Republic Sloan pants, by the way? My sister swears by them but I’d love firsthand reviews.

I’m about to see my primary care physician, first time she’s seen me since the operation. I started going to this doc after a long search for someone who genuinely didn’t have a knee-jerk anti-fat reaction, so I don’t expect much change there, but interesting to hear what she has to say...

8 hours ago, sideeye said:

They’re Clarks Purity wedges, I can’t find them ANYWHERE anymore, and I am going to repair them until the cobbler breaks up with me. They’re my favorite favorite favorite. I intend to spend most of this spring finding a back-up from another retailer because I will go mad if they wear through.

Has anyone tried banana Republic Sloan pants, by the way? My sister swears by them but I’d love firsthand reviews.

I’m about to see my primary care physician, first time she’s seen me since the operation. I started going to this doc after a long search for someone who genuinely didn’t have a knee-jerk anti-fat reaction, so I don’t expect much change there, but interesting to hear what she has to say...

Clark's stopped making a lot of their shoes available in foreign markets about a decade ago. You may find them still in the UK. SIGH... end of an era

Edited by GreenTealael

My go-to for lingerie really is the Spanx Spotlight on Lace bodysuit. It is incredibly comfortable for me to wear, daily, and has the bonus of men really liking it too. And I’ll buy third love bras forever too. And the Natori Shangri-la robe and gown I really like - I used to get Calvin Klein chemises (they were basically cottony slip-style nightgowns) but I don’t like the direction they’ve gone in lately. Less pretty, more utilitarian.

I was out at a client site and ended up being there for so long that I was going to get stuck in rush hour headed home, so I voluntarily pulled off at a mall to kill time. @sillykitty I bought Michael Kors pumps (not wedges and quite high heel, so likely a swap-from-flats-on-site shoe) that will work as a stand-in for my beige Purity wedges this spring. I got them on sale at Nordstrom’s, they’ve got a nice wood-design heel. And then I bought a pink sweater at Madewell off the clearance rack too.

Whole new world, where that series of events is an option: the mall stop, the slightly impractical high heel, the option of not just browsing but FINDING STUFF on the sale rack.... I’m out at a client again tomorrow and 100% confident about what I’m wearing, knowing it’ll look great and that if I poured coffee down my front before leaving the house? There are easy swaps available that will still look good. No more stress-dressing, clawing through my closet for the thing that is least awful, panicking that the one appropriate pair of pants that coordinate with the non-clingy sweater aren’t washed.

Living like this is so much better, even if I can’t eat more than four fries at shake Shack without feeling full.

Really good article on mindset. These days my mind has shifted a bit from "Must! Lose! Weight" to "Must! Have a Plan! To NOT! Regain!!! It takes me a while to implement a plan so that it's working well--so I figured I better start now!

What do y'all think?

https://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/avoid-weight-regain-after-bariatric-surgery-with-this-technique?fbclid=IwAR1MtG4qkXyN749BsC8teIIhF3F9xIRatPqzAiNlB0z8HYLH7conM-zLaQw

Always been focused on the long term, just because out of the six people I know personally who have had WLS, only one has had long term success. Regain has always been in the forefront of my brain. What is giving me a hard time right now is the stall I am in. I have been between 194-195 for almost three weeks now. Even though I have had a few scheduled bad days (birthdays, super bowl--and by bad I mean like 1600 calories, and going over on carbs), other than that I have been on point. Exercising religiously 5-6 times a week, eating under 1100 calories, under 65 grams of carbs.

It is reminiscent with my first major weight loss (305 lbs-->193 lbs) where no matter what I did, I could not get any lower and just got frustrated and gave up. That is what gets me about the forever part. Its the constant discipline to maintain a weight which is not my ideal--killing myself to maintain a mediocre success. And I can see myself, there is still fat there, I still have more to lose. Grrrrrrrrr. (Okay, enough with the pity-party, b***h-fest)

On the surreal side, I picked up a medium "ho" dress for after my plastics and the thing fit. Granted my back fat game is strong :D but it looked solidly alright considering I was not wearing any Shapewear. (I'll post a pic) You'll have to picture it without the bra though--no way to go without at the moment.

@sideeyeThose Spanx bodysuits are pretty--but do you have to take the whole thing off to pee?? Folks in comments were saying that they just pull it to the side, and I know I would be the elegant lady that pees on her hand.

med dress front.JPG

med dress back.JPG

I try to focus more on things/changes I can make forever. Really trying to use the weight loss to get more active as I know for me, that’s what will determine the difference between success and failure long term. So I really try to focus on that and trying not to snack/graze and avoiding unnecessary calories (like beverages).

5 hours ago, YeahOkay31 said:

Folks in comments were saying that they just pull it to the side

That's what I do - I was a swimmer for years so I guess it's second nature, but I can see why it's not for everyone.

And I can report I've tried on the Sloan pants at Banana Republic and they're pretty good! Nice medium-weight material that doesn't show every dimple, but still stretchy. They are also on sale right now, if you like them - they fall a few inches below the waist (meh) but they're not hip-huggers, and will work perfectly well as basic work pants.

51 minutes ago, sideeye said:

That's what I do - I was a swimmer for years so I guess it's second nature, but I can see why it's not for everyone.

And I can report I've tried on the Sloan pants at banana Republic and they're pretty good! Nice medium-weight material that doesn't show every dimple, but still stretchy. They are also on sale right now, if you like them - they fall a few inches below the waist (meh) but they're not hip-huggers, and will work perfectly well as basic work pants.

How much are they right now? Thanks for the report!!

Fifty-nine dollars. Other versions are a little cheaper, including one pair that I bought online that I'm a little skeptical of the fabric, but we'll see. The cut seems to work, so that's half the battle.

Edited by sideeye