Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Six months post-op+ : The Sophomores Thread

1 hour ago, sillykitty said:

If you're not feeling the home stuff, and speaking of Etsy, I've bought a lot of my jewelry on there. No need to worry about sizes. These are probably my favorite piece I bought recently https://www.etsy.com/transaction/1532817775

So, so troubling. Not the recent purchase (link doesn't work), but how exactly our habits align, down to the fact that I have just been buying Etsy jewelry. Just 30 mins ago, from here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FerkosFineJewelry?ref=l2-shopheader-name. I am slightly worried your dead link goes straight to that shop.

My other jewelry-related binging is happening here, in the rings section: https://www.melaniecasey.com/collections/all-products?page=1

Needless to say, the only reason I haven't bought the Joybird couch is because I spent two months going back and forth and ended up buying a sleeper from The Sofa Bed Store two weeks ago instead.

And art, you say? UGallery's my fix: https://www.ugallery.com/artist/Dwight-Smith

I would love to visit a Californian beach house, but I'm slightly worried I'd arrive and find it vacant, or with an older Chinese man living in it, because we are actually from similar-but-parallel universes and can only interact through writing. Like Griffin and Sabine.

2 minutes ago, sideeye said:

So, so troubling. Not the recent purchase (link doesn't work), but how exactly our habits align, down to the fact that I have just been buying Etsy jewelry. Just 30 mins ago, from here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FerkosFineJewelry?ref=l2-shopheader-name. I am slightly worried your dead link goes straight to that shop.

My other jewelry-related binging is happening here, in the rings section: https://www.melaniecasey.com/collections/all-products?page=1

Needless to say, the only reason I haven't bought the Joybird couch is because I spent two months going back and forth and ended up buying a sleeper from The Sofa Bed Store two weeks ago instead.

And art, you say? UGallery's my fix: https://www.ugallery.com/artist/Dwight-Smith

I would love to visit a Californian beach house, but I'm slightly worried I'd arrive and find it vacant, or with an older Chinese man living in it, because we are actually from similar-but-parallel universes and can only interact through writing. Like Griffin and Sabine.

Ok ... this is somewhat disturbing ....

We even have similar taste in jewelry only you appear to favor gold, while I favor silver (well I prefer platinum, but without a sugar daddy I settle for silver).

This is the dead link https://www.etsy.com/listing/72242988/herkimer-diamond-earrings-silver-post?ref=shop_home_active_8&frs=1 .... not the same ... 😅

Oh, and rings you say, just had this one custom made in all peridot. Getting resized currently even though it fit last month. Latest weight loss from a$$, t!ts and fingers apparently. https://www.etsy.com/listing/68745158/three-stone-white-topaz-ring-past?ref=shop_home_active_22&frs=1

Great, I didn't know I need a bull & red velvet cake painting in my life, but I do now ... https://www.ugallery.com/art/watercolor-painting-Ole

But there is only one way to find out ......

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

Hey what do reckon "S.M.A.R.T goals" means? :D Inquiring minds and all!

@sillykitty I would want to research the amount of carbs and the type of carbs along with type and amount of fat they eat/ate. :D (Yeah, it's always somepin'...)

See ... I just want it simplified into, "You won't be weak and frail as you get older if you eat high carb low protein" :D

On 1/20/2019 at 12:56 PM, FluffyChix said:

Saw this on "The Facebook" and wanted to share. For those who find themselves hungrier than normal and or craving at 6+ months out...Don't dispair. I swear this is true (at least for me). I find if I can bring my carbs back into balance then my cravings go almost completely away as my blood sugars/insulin stabilize!

image.thumb.png.27437706454eaf73035bbc6dde7bb553.png

Hell ya.

3 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Hey what do reckon "S.M.A.R.T goals" means? :D Inquiring minds and all!

@sillykitty I would want to research the amount of carbs and the type of carbs along with type and amount of fat they eat/ate. :D (Yeah, it's always somepin'...)

Really, you? The acronym queen?

SMART-Criteria-1.jpg

2 hours ago, sillykitty said:

Ok ... this is somewhat disturbing ....

We even have similar taste in jewelry only you appear to favor gold, while I favor silver (well I prefer platinum, but without a sugar daddy I settle for silver).

This is the dead link https://www.etsy.com/listing/72242988/herkimer-diamond-earrings-silver-post?ref=shop_home_active_8&frs=1 .... not the same ... 😅

Oh, and rings you say, just had this one custom made in all peridot. Getting resized currently even though it fit last month. Latest weight loss from a$$, t!ts and fingers apparently. https://www.etsy.com/listing/68745158/three-stone-white-topaz-ring-past?ref=shop_home_active_22&frs=1

Great, I didn't know I need a bull & red velvet cake painting in my life, but I do now ... https://www.ugallery.com/art/watercolor-painting-Ole

But there is only one way to find out ......

What if this is just like Fight Club (but named Thai Box...)

Are the sophomores threads no longer a thing? I’ve been eagerly awaiting my six month mark (TODAY) when I could join the club!!

34 minutes ago, AEdoesRnY said:

Are the sophomores threads no longer a thing? I’ve been eagerly awaiting my six month mark (TODAY) when I could join the club!!

💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤Welcome❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Edited by GreenTealael

On 01/30/2019 at 08:10, GreenTealael said:

❤❤❤❤❤❤ Welcome ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Yay!!!! Thank you!!!!

I have a topic:

Eating disorders after WLS. Been accused yet? *Some* people are starting to think I have one... Maybe Orthorexia, IDK.

I clearly don't but it's really hard to explain that I'm just to lazy to eat different types of foods... No one thinks that's a valid excuse anymore.

Welcome! :) I kinda feel like this thread is here for us as we need/want it!? :) And when one of us posts, others will be sure to pop in and take up the new thread of conversation. Each one may have different participants! :)

Congrats on 6 months!!!

1 minute ago, GreenTealael said:

I have a topic:

Eating disorders after WLS. Been accused yet? *Some* people are starting to think I have one... Maybe Orthorexia, IDK.

I clearly don't but it's really hard to explain that I'm just to lazy to eat different types of foods... No one thinks that's a valid excuse anymore.

What is it about yogurt that has you focusing on that for meals? Is it always matcha flavored? Or do you vary the flavorings and toppings?

20 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

What is it about yogurt that has you focusing on that for meals? Is it always matcha flavored? Or do you vary the flavorings and toppings?

Yogurt is just easy, and Protein forward. I vary the profile depending on what I have available. But also just the other things I'll eat or not eat also. Nuts, seaweed, kale, salads, boiled eggs, tea... etc - safe foods. Small amounts at that. I'm careful for multiple reasons.

People are constantly giving scrutinizing looks or subtlety checking in to see if I ate...

Like yeah y'all seen me eat. But they want to see me eat pancakes, Doritos and turkey bacon... With a vodka soda chaser

For their comfort, but I didn't eat that way before...

Edited by GreenTealael

15 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Yogurt is just easy, and Protein forward. I vary the profile depending on what I have available. But also just the other things I'll eat or not eat also. Nuts, seaweed, kale, salads, boiled eggs, tea... etc - safe foods. Small amounts at that. I'm careful for multiple reasons.

People are constantly giving scrutinizing looks or subtlety checking in to see if I ate...

Like yeah y'all seen me eat. But they want to see me eat pancakes, Doritos and turkey bacon... With a vodka soda chaser

For their comfort

Gosh girl. It really sounds like your variety is still there? What people observe through their own biased filter does not affect reality. You prepare some of the most thoughtful, beautiful meals--whether that's a cup of yogurt, or one of your kale salads, or a hard boiled egg Protein snack.

I think people want us to revert to eating like before or eating like them to reassure themselves that there is nothing wrong with them and that it's pointless to go your route, cuz sooner or later, you are just gonna revert to eating pancakes again and regaining all your weight. You know? I think people expect that of me as well? I do feel people watching.

So do YOU feel like you're developing a problem?

Edited by FluffyChix

6 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Gosh girl. It really sounds like your variety is still there? What people observe through their own biased filter do not affect reality. You prepare some of the most thoughtful, beautiful meals--whether that's a cup of yogurt, or one of your kale salads, or a hard boiled egg Protein snack.

I think people want us to revert to eating like before or eating like them to reassure themselves that there is nothing wrong with them and that it's pointless to go your route, cuz sooner or later, you are just gonna revert to eating pancakes again and regaining all your weight. You know? I think people expect that of me as well? I do feel people watching.

So do YOU feel like you're developing a problem?

No, no problems here, and some of these people don't even have weight or food issues. I'm just wondering how OCD we look from the outside...

I have to admit it's super relaxed & routine to me and I can sub and adjust easily but I must look ... Rigid.

And I sort of have to be and always was, I had food rules prior to this.

But I feel eyes on me now like never before.