Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Six months post-op+ : The Sophomores Thread

As @FluffyChix stated in the original thread:

Let's share all our sophomore experiences, our angst, our struggles, our suggestions--let's talk about life! Let's become friends! You can be on any kind of food plan, do any kind of exercise or not, be gay or straight, engage in cardio or not--you just have to be in the "tweener" stage post WLS.

Not a Newbie but not yet a Vet - Sophomores have different challenges and are coping with an awkward middle stage, so please only post if you've passed the six month post-surgery mark!

3 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

*Bursts In*

I'm not late? Good...

Ha! In before the lock!!

Thank you, @sideeye !

I did an "official" Jan 1 weigh-in this morning. Even though I backslid a bit over Christmas, my official total loss for 2018 is 114.2 pounds. Looking forward to hitting goal in 2019!

Edited by Orchids&Dragons

And YOU WILL and we all will be celebrating along WITH YOU!

I am technically a second semester Freshman- 4 months, I granted myself Advanced Placement because I feel at times I ALMOST belong, but not quite yet.

11 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

I am technically a second semester Freshman- 4 months, I granted myself Advanced Placement because I feel at times I ALMOST belong, but not quite yet.

No not quite yet ❤

Wooohooooo! Great thread!!!! TY @sideeye for starting a thread that will hopefully make sense to all the Sophomores, so they find a home here with us!! Wooot!!!

Sorry to be MIA. Swamped yesterday and through tonight! :( So not much time to play--just a "union-sanctioned coffee break" ;) to rest my feet/back from massive cooking efforts 2%er semi-homemade shenanigans for a party today at my sissie's house!

Will be back tomorrow to post like the ho you know I am! ha!

Ok WELCOME home @Orchids&Dragons (don't know why that won't tag--hmmm--are you REALLY here?)!!! We missed you and were slightly terrified you were gone! I had visions of you goin' postal and rippin someone a new a-hole...but then I had to laugh, cuz I could only see my bobblehead on top of your skinny minny little body! :D ;) *snort* You are too sweet to go postal on anyone!

I did an official weigh-in. I too am up. Too many holiday craptastic-filled meals and wine. But tomorrow the days of atonement begin and the march to victory resumes! I have 30 days to lose 25lbs. Can it be done? ;) ha! (Hint: Who am I? bahahahaha--I have 3 days to lose 25lbs before my surgery. I'm really askeered. Will I still be able to have it?)

Jan. 1, 2019 CW: 151.4lbs (up 1.4lbs over first goal, up about 3 over lowest wt); Waist: 29.5inches (no change)

Edited by FluffyChix

28 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

(Hint: Who am I? bahahahaha--I have 3 days to lose 25lbs before my surgery. I'm really askeered. Will I still be able to have it?)

Somebody put on her smart-@ss panties this morning! 😂

So that one-night stand in Vegas is no longer going to be a one-night stand... After a flurry of holiday messaging, we're meeting up again in March. But I've just realized that the me in November and the me in March is going to probably look pretty damn different. He's not going to see me at all in between, and I'm sort of giggling at the thought that he's going to suddenly get a woman who is anywhere between 10 and 40 lbs lighter than the one he met before.

I'm not actually nervous about this*, and of course it's not going to do one damn thing to impact my WLS decisions, but - shapeshifting hookup!

*okay, I'm a little apprehensive about loose skin and the Vanishing Boobs Conundrum.

Edited by sideeye

13 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Somebody put on her smart-@ss panties this morning! 😂

Better than her granny panties! ;) hahaha!

@sideeye And even BETTER question will be...dunh dunh dunhhhhhh...how will HE look to the new shapeshifted you in 3 months? I'm excited to hear and see what evolves in the coming months!!! Vanishing Boobs=Wonder Bra!!!!! 🍾:lol: