Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Severe pain after eating/drinking-please help!

I’ve had my lap band since 2004 and while I’ve had my fair share of difficulties, I am absolutely sure I could not survive with out it. I’m hoping others here can relate because it’s exhausting to try to explain to the well meaning family and friends who see me struggling and suggest I “just have the band removed”. I am definitely on the tight end after my last adjustment but am so desperate to lose weight that I’ve been trying to make it work.

However now I am on vacation and having debilitating lower stomach pains and nausea after eating or drinking. This has been happening off and on for a couple of months but the last few days have been agony. It doesn’t feel band related to me and whenever I have a stomach issue without an obvious cause, the doctor usually tends to blame the band - even though I’ve had a history of stomach problems since childhood.

Anyway, I am extremely concerned these are symptoms of an ulcer and/or that the band has slipped from retching so forcefully. Has anyone else had a similar experience? I’m feeling very overwhelmed and alone so any advice or information would be so very helpful! Also if anyone happens to have a recommendation for any resources near Fort Myers FL just in case that would be great! Thanks so much in advance! Wishing all a happy and healthy new year!

You do know that being tight generally causes weight gain rather than loss? Because you can’t eat the satisfying foods you subconsciously eat sliders .

You need to go and see a Dr. You may need tests. However you may also need to accept that your band has come to the end of its lifespan and will never again do for you what it was intended to do. It might be time to start researching other options.

Hopeful you can keep your band. It helps many KEEP weight off. I’m right behind you at 2006 and I’m always trying to keep my band happy ( ps she can be a bi*ch). Hope a dr helps you. Let us know. Us bets have to lean on each other

I had my band in April 2010. I had the same symptoms is 2013 and my band had slipped. Not fun.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches