Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Third week in

Hi guys

Newly into WLS this site has been of great help! ( I don't have any Lab Band / WLS friends to turn too)

I have just moved onto pureed foods (and yet to have a fill) *Given the time of year I have reached out to my Dietitian a few days ago however have not had a reply so I am hoping for some advice.

I am finding i am able to only eat between 5-10 teaspoons of food per day. Is this a normal amount being 3 weeks out? I am not interested in eating most the time but have been advised i should be putting something in? is this the case? Fluids are not filling me up (had Pho stock day before yesterday thinking it would be enough but it wasn't doing a thing)

Also pains below the band (more like above the left hip below the port, what feels like digestion occurs an hour or so after eating / drinking if i lie down straight away. is this normal too?

It doesn't feel like a blockage as i time my bites, and so so so conscious about how often I'm drinking (previous skull drinker so SUPER HARD not to do that!!!)

Final question!!! How often does one find they are able to drink?? I am drinking one mouthful per minute but soooo hard not to drink quicker

Sorry for the questions i was not able to find these answers in past things asked.

TIA

I hope you feel better. I had the sleeve so i am unable to answer lab band questions, but i hope you feel better soon.

Thanks Jazzy1125 - it definitely isn’t bad more like a 2/10 discomfort thing not sure if normal or was from what I’m eating 5 weeks on liquid etc wish my dietitian would reply tho haha

I hope you are finding success! Your eating and drinking hopefully has improved. Yogurt, refried Beans, and cheese sticks. All helped me. We all are different .
Try try try is true! (Sometimes a heating pad and laying on my left side helps if things don’t feel right)
Mostly it seems like good behavior wins a lot. And... jumping right back in when there is a whoopsie .
Best of luck. You can change the rest of your life by immersing yourself.

5 minutes ago, Julie norton said:

I hope you are finding success! Your eating and drinking hopefully has improved. Yogurt, refried Beans, and cheese sticks. All helped me. We all are different .
Try try try is true! (Sometimes a heating pad and laying on my left side helps if things don’t feel right)
Mostly it seems like good behavior wins a lot. And... jumping right back in when there is a whoopsie .
Best of luck. You can change the rest of your life by immersing yourself.

i am feeling so much better! had my first fill (which i posted yesterday as i found some discomfort but today is so much better, and worst case to get the fill out friday as it was feeling restrictive yesterday) but got Yogurt which is easy morning on the go!

My Doctor has me on liquids for 2 days after the fill, then to soft foods again for a few more days then to start the transitioning to normal food diet next week which i am so so so excited for!!! I haven't tried Pasta again but i did purchase some pulse pasta so i hope that will be better in the next few weeks but craving some proper Protein (blending it or having just fish was not the same)

It is hard because i don't know anyone who has had this recently (a friend of mine had it and cheated the band and moved to the sleeve, and i met someone in hospital who had the sleeve) so when it comes to these new things it is so hard to turn to places to ask!

We seem to be a diminishing group; rest assured that many are here and successful years and years . Please don’t hesitate to ask for options. Everyone is different, but finding your formula is priceless!! Jules

On 1/8/2019 at 6:01 PM, Julie norton said:

We seem to be a diminishing group; rest assured that many are here and successful years and years . Please don’t hesitate to ask for options. Everyone is different, but finding your formula is priceless!! Jules

Agreed! Everything Julie says is correct!

Hopefully things are getting better! Sometimes the first weeks can be difficult! sometimes it takes a while to figure it out, because everyone is different!

I still have bad and good days! But you learn what to do and what not to do!

And btw....I can not drink fast....one of the things I miss is a huge gulp of ice cold h20!

On 11 January 2019 at 11:44 PM, funky_monkey800 said:

Agreed! Everything Julie says is correct!

Hopefully things are getting better! Sometimes the first weeks can be difficult! sometimes it takes a while to figure it out, because everyone is different!

I still have bad and good days! But you learn what to do and what not to do!

And btw....I can not drink fast....one of the things I miss is a huge gulp of ice cold h20!

I am feeling so good now nearly a week out from the first fill - i find myself still drinking more than what i thought i could and eating is the same (but same time i have 1/4 of a fillet of salmon rather than a whole one!!) so i am eating less but when hungry i am eating! (and eating more proper foods too)

I have learnt that Water is so boring! I WAS like you with the gulping of iced water just being able to skull and now I am sipping but I can sip every 30 seconds or so?

On 1/13/2019 at 12:22 AM, LBwPCOS said:

I am feeling so good now nearly a week out from the first fill - i find myself still drinking more than what i thought i could and eating is the same (but same time i have 1/4 of a fillet of salmon rather than a whole one!!) so i am eating less but when hungry i am eating! (and eating more proper foods too)

I have learnt that Water is so boring! I WAS like you with the gulping of iced Water just being able to skull and now I am sipping but I can sip every 30 seconds or so?

Glad to hear things are getting better!!!

Sometimes with my water I will mix Isopure infusions...20g of protein...I like the citrus lemonade 😁

Edited by funky_monkey800