Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have an email sent to my team, but I was wondering if anyone else was told to not have the calcium chews until 6 weeks post-op? I forgot to ask and have been working on Citracal's Petites (but I have to take two pills, three times a day due to the size and the dosage - it's getting annoying!) I don't like the chewables AT ALL, so I'm kind of stuck with the petites (and they are still huge as hell pills!)

13 minutes ago, lzucks said:

I was told to hold Calcium till my follow up appt which was 2 weeks post-op

Wow, isn't that kind of interesting! I was told to start taking Vitamins as soon as I could!

My dr okayed the calcium chews at my 8-day post op appt

Every doctor has their own views on diet, their favorite acid-reducing PPI, but I'm sure it all balances out in the long run.

PS I use a liquid Calcium called Wellesse twice a day instead of chews, I wear dentures and don't like chewable.< /p>

I love it when pills are labeled "petites" but are still the size of golfballs. My Multivitamins are the same way.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

And "One Size Fits All" Seldom Does!

Mine had us start the Vitamins immediately. They said to just stay away from gummies. That being said the Bariatric Advantage chews taste like starburst at a time I definitely didnt want anything sweet so I was chewing up the horse pills labeled as petites until I could swallow them. I still take the chews once in a while since they are bought and paid for but I'd sure like to find a better Calcium routine. Swallowing those giant pills 3 times a day is getting old.

Sweettoothless: why did your dr say to stay away from gummies? Mine told me gummies were fine

I think they told us the gummies don’t really absorb unless you have them WITH food. So it ends up being kind of a waste and/or forcing you to eat.

And the greatest sin in My Mind? They are made with high fructose corn Syrup, sugar or concentrated fruit syrup. As a barely successful former carb-aholic , why jump back into the fire in the furnace?

And the greatest sin in My Mind? They are made with high fructose corn Syrup, sugar or concentrated fruit Syrup. As a barely successful former carb-aholic , why jump back into the fire in the furnace?
My guidelines were take Vitamins as soon as possible. I had mine ready to start taking when I got home. Then again I was already having problems with low Vitamin levels and had taken vitamins before surgery. I take a bariatric Multivitamin with Iron and then Calcium with D3, separately as iron and calcium don't play nice with each other and and I need all of them both. They are both chewable. I have to take potassium as well, liquid. NASTY! Necessary, but nasty. I just ordered more vitamins yesterday. Got a good deal. Buy one, get one. So two months are taken care of. Lol! Ordered from ProHealthCare. Code BOGO50 If anyone needs a break on price. I ordered some items with Protein from here Bariatric Pal. Our vitamins are vital to our health. Smile and take them daily.

Sent from Zebby's SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app