Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I thought I was in the clear...

I was fortunate enough to go through the first two month post op without much problems but as I approach month three, I'm starting to fall victim to the notorious bowel problems everyone talks about. I think it may have to do with my diet being a little less consistent due to the holidays and not being home. I'm experiencing horrible cramping and discomfort...and even some bleeding. Hmph. I bought some Colace to help.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Keep chanting This Too Shall Pass and it will. Benefiber, Miralax, Colace, Milk of Magnesia, a stick of dynamite, whatever it takes to keep things moving! These are drastic💩 times, the Times that try a Bariatric Person's Soul! May the Squaty Potty be with You!

8 hours ago, Oct517 said:

I was fortunate enough to go through the first two month post op without much problems but as I approach month three, I'm starting to fall victim to the notorious bowel problems everyone talks about. I think it may have to do with my diet being a little less consistent due to the holidays and not being home. I'm experiencing horrible cramping and discomfort...and even some bleeding. Hmph. I bought some Colace to help.

Ok, my advice? Do not grow complacent about this! Act now. And Colace might not be enough. Go for the MOM and keep dosing until you are totally running free! I just had this happen AGAIN!!!! (Am I yelling? Cuz it sounds like I am! ;) ha!) I found out in a colonoscopy I had poop in there dating to 1984! So I did MOM and glycerin suppositories AND Miralax AND Colace. ROFL! Seriously. If you are bleeding you should probably tell your doc. And def tell him/her if you're trying all this stuff and still not moving.

Also drink TONS - TONNNNNNNSSSSSS of liquid when you're adding all of that stuff.

:) When things are broken free, try adding in things like psyllium, inulin, leafy greens (cooked and raw=the best for me).

((hugs)) I'm so sorry you are going through this #2 train derailment.

Yeah, the bleeding part should probably be mentioned to the doc.

As you may have seen on another post about my personal poops.... I went to the ER after 10 days and I was friggin' POOPLESS. I didn't poop until Day 15 and it was a micro poop and then on Day 17 I had the real poops. It was another EIGHT DAYS until I pooped again (today). No Constipation though. I did take Miralax, glycerin suppositories, and Colace because I thought there HAD to be something up there and it will definitely get things RUMBLING. Even if, in my case, nothing appeared. #ghostbowels

Anyways, at least take Colace and Miralax. You don't want to go to the ER and have a doctor stick his finger up your butt like I did. Or maybe you do... I don't judge.

Edited by mousecat88

Ok, my advice? Do not grow complacent about this! Act now. And Colace might not be enough. Go for the MOM and keep dosing until you are totally running free! I just had this happen AGAIN!!!! (Am I yelling? Cuz it sounds like I am! [emoji6] ha!) I found out in a colonoscopy I had poop in there dating to 1984! So I did MOM and glycerin suppositories AND Miralax AND Colace. ROFL! Seriously. If you are bleeding you should probably tell your doc. And def tell him/her if you're trying all this stuff and still not moving.
Also drink TONS - TONNNNNNNSSSSSS of liquid when you're adding all of that stuff.
[emoji4] When things are broken free, try adding in things like psyllium, inulin, leafy greens (cooked and raw=the best for me).

((hugs)) I'm so sorry you are going through this #2 train derailment.
Lol! It would be something else if I had 34 year old **** in me when I have only been alive for 24 years! A shitty miracle.
I'm afraid of MOM! Pre-op I have always had a really sensitive digestive system (IBS). So the Constipation is a new experience for me. I've also heard that the more stimulants you take the more your bowels can become reliant on them which makes it harder to become normal. My stomach has been rumbling ever since I've taken the Colace! My personal trainer mentioned something about growing chia seeds in Water and drinking that to help go. Have you heard of/tried that method?

As you may have seen on another post about my personal poops.... I went to the ER after 10 days and I was friggin' POOPLESS. I didn't poop until Day 15 and it was a micro poop and then on Day 17 I had the real poops. It was another EIGHT DAYS until I pooped again (today). No Constipation though. I did take Miralax, glycerin suppositories, and Colace because I thought there HAD to be something up there and it will definitely get things RUMBLING. Even if, in my case, nothing appeared. #ghostbowels
Anyways, at least take Colace and Miralax. You don't want to go to the ER and have a doctor stick his finger up your butt like I did. Or maybe you do... I don't judge.
Omg 15 days is crazy! I havent gone days without going. It's just been hard to go and I feel like my in/out ratio is off lol I'm eating more than I'm going.
And yeah, id prefer not having the doctor's hands near my areas!

On 12/28/2018 at 15:41, mousecat88 said:

That made me LOL!! 😂

If you do elect to go the ER route, look at his name badge. If they are going get that friendly you better know who they are!😷🚽

If you do elect to go the ER route, look at his name badge. If they are going get that friendly you better know who they are![emoji40][emoji372]
Lol I'd have to request a female, we have smaller hands!

And I think female nurses would be better than Male doctors and nurses with hands the size of Ham Jocks. Ye-ouch Folks!

Can I just say that I love poop threads?

Colace + Miralax powder + Milk of Magnesia is what it takes for me! They keep me and my butt happy.

I switched from Colace, Miralax, and Benefiber to Colace and Metamucil and have had positive results. I wish I didn’t need stool softeners, but I apparently do, or I won’t doo doo.

Now if only the Metamucil was easier to get down...

I'm happy to say that all my **** problems have disappeared again! I'm praying they stay away! [emoji90]🤞[emoji120]

They're back and with a vengeance! D: