Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Breast Reduction + Reconstruction



Recommended Posts

I’m a college student who had the sleeve done. I’m still hoping to loose about thirty more pounds, but I desperately want a breast reduction.

I was a 40DD before surgery and 36D now, but I sag and my nipples face the ground. It’s embarrassing and it prevents me from being fully naked in front of other people. As of now, I’m hoping to get a plain and simple reduction so I can be a B cup and fix how my areola/nipples look. Or, a reduction and reconstruct with implants.

I’m hoping to get some thoughts on if I should get implants/reconstruction,reduction at this age or wait (and then, how do I deal with never showing my chest lmao). And, also if a reduction and reconstruction is best bet or should I just go for implants.
Thanks!

Height: 5’10”
HW: 250
SW: 236 6/27
CW: 175 Today
Total: 75

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
My wife has had the sleeve and she keeps talking about implants, but they are too expensive. How would you pay for these procedures?
I would think you would be happier with a reconstruction with implants. If you get a reduction and then decide you want to go bigger down the road that will be another surgery.
What are my qualifications you ask? I’m just a guy that loves titties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Money is not really a consideration for me. I may be able to have some cost covered by insurance but I would probably have my mom help me with cost. (5-10k, depending on which procedures)

I have scoliosis and minimal back pain because of my large boobs. I could never have above a D cup again comfortably. I think reconstruction with small implants is a good option.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like you've got it figured out! Woohooo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That’s great that money is not a problem. I know getting insurance to cover a reduction used to be difficult. I used to date a girl that had huge boobs and wanted a reduction. She had jumped through all the hoops and her insurance kept denying her the procedure. She eventually gave up due to the denials. Insurance companies are such assholes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
My doctor already told me im a year/years out from getting plastics but it’s like all I think about, I’m sure I’ll change my mind several times over! Lol ☺️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, ark13 said:

I’m a college student who had the sleeve done. I’m still hoping to loose about thirty more pounds, but I desperately want a breast reduction.

I was a 40DD before surgery and 36D now, but I sag and my nipples face the ground. It’s embarrassing and it prevents me from being fully naked in front of other people. As of now, I’m hoping to get a plain and simple reduction so I can be a B cup and fix how my areola/nipples look. Or, a reduction and reconstruct with implants.

I’m hoping to get some thoughts on if I should get implants/reconstruction,reduction at this age or wait (and then, how do I deal with never showing my chest lmao). And, also if a reduction and reconstruction is best bet or should I just go for implants.
Thanks!

Height: 5’10”
HW: 250
SW: 236 6/27
CW: 175 Today
Total: 75

Why would you need implants? When they do a reduction, they do a lift at the same time. That would fix the issue. I had a breast reduction in 2017 (before surgery... if I had known I would be having surgery, I would have waited). I was 28 at the time. I went from a 48H to a 46D. Best decision I ever made. Insurance paid for it because I had severe back pain. I actually stand taller now. I would just go with the reduction since they do a lift as part of the procedure (it is not extra). They won't just make you smaller and leave you hangin', literally. lol. It is also a PAINLESS procedure. It was for me anyways. Very simple recovery and they took off 8lbs off my chest. I have perky D's now... which I'm sure will sag ridiculously as I lose 100lbs.... I'll get another reduction/lift done, though, if need be.

Edited by mousecat88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ark13 said:

My doctor already told me im a year/years out from getting plastics but it’s like all I think about, I’m sure I’ll change my mind several times over! Lol ☺️

Hi, I had a breast reduction about 18 years ago, when they do it you automatically get a lift and they look great!! mine was covered by my health insurance...the surgeon put down back issues and maybe a few other things. I suggest going for a consultation with a replicable surgeon and you probably wont even need implants after they do the lift...believe it or not I still like the way mine look after 18 years, they are getting a little smaller now since losing weight but I'm okay with that and they are still not pointing at the ground LOL...I'm still a "C" cup.

I wish you the best honey 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Holy Cats Man. I just did a google search for 48H cup breasts. They are massive, but I am sure you already knew that considering you used to own a pair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Walter.Sobchak said:

Holy Cats Man. I just did a google search for 48H cup breasts. They are massive, but I am sure you already knew that considering you used to own a pair.

Yeah, they were that size for years. Even before I gained weight (just a smaller band size). Constant pain. I can't even describe how bad it hurt. I couldn't breathe when I laid down and I got bruises on my rib cage. I mean, I guess imagine having a baby strapped to your chest via your shoulders your entire life. lol.

Edited by mousecat88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Walter.Sobchak said:

I can’t imagine what that must have been like. I would be interested in seeing some before and after pictures, strictly in the name of science of course 😜😜😜

Walter, don't perve. LOL!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just check out a NatGeo magazine of natural tribal African women in Zimbabwe and that'll give you an idea of the before. :91_thumbsup:

Edited by mousecat88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ha ha ha. Man, that must have been rough. I am glad you were able to get them reduced and relieve the back pain. I had a girl I was friends with that had a reduction and was so much happier. Then, like I said I had a girl I dated that wanted a reduction but couldn’t get insurance approval and gave up. My lower back hurt/hurts all the time from my massive stomach. Especially before the sleeve, I actually look shorter in pictures before the sleeve as my spine had compressed so bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Walter.Sobchak said:

Ha ha ha. Man, that must have been rough. I am glad you were able to get them reduced and relieve the back pain. I had a girl I was friends with that had a reduction and was so much happier. Then, like I said I had a girl I dated that wanted a reduction but couldn’t get insurance approval and gave up. My lower back hurt/hurts all the time from my massive stomach. Especially before the sleeve, I actually look shorter in pictures before the sleeve as my spine had compressed so bad.

Ugh, I know your pain. Does your insurance cover any skin removal that would help?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Featured Surgeons

    1. Masoud Rezvani

      Woodbridge, Virginia 22191

    2. Lisa Medvetz

      Downingtown, Pennsylvania 19335
      800-282-0066

  • Recent Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • WeGettingThere

      I'm trying to give these people all my labs and it's so hard! I had to do number 2 in a bag and send it in for the lab to test it. CHILE! Why did I poop in the container and when I went to drop it off, that part of the hospital was closed?!  Sigh. AWKWARD. I'll drop it off today after work tho. Feeling great!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • NeedsTheBeach

      Getting a little nervous about post surgery life adaptation. I really want to succeed, but habits are so hard to break.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • AshMarie794

      Think I am hitting a stall-ish period. Weight loss is def slowing and I need a kickstart to get it going again....any suggestions?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ms.sss

      Good news and Meh news...
      Meh: so I think I experienced/am experiencing my first stall-ish since surgery and now I get how frustrating it can be!  So annoying to wake up every morning to watch the scale report a gain or loss of the same 1.5 pounds for over 2 weeks.  *sigh*.  Some say put the scale away, but I log my weight every morning to get a daily moving average of my weight.  So long as this moving average is not heading upwards (which it isn’t and hasn’t since post-op) then I am good with my curent “minimalist” weekly weight loss rate, however small I think it is 🙄.
      However.
      The Good news:
      To allow for some self back patting, and to remind myself of the bigger picture, I set a bunch of interim goals/milestones... a few of which are 10lbs increment weight loss goals:
      So this morning, after hovering within 1.5 pounds of an interim goal for over 2 weeks, I weighed in at 164.8, and officially lost 70 lbs!  In 4 months.  That is 30% of my starting body weight.  Or the equivalent of my 10 year old neice. How crazy is that.
      Next Goal: weigh in at 162lbs to be merely overweight (and not obese!)
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • MonnieB

      I am in the Pre-Op stage.  I have 4 more nutrition classes to go to.  I've had my endoscopy with favorable results although I was told I had an abnormal z-line.  Everything looks good so far.  Had my team appointment with the psychologist and have my pulmonologist  this week.  I chose the sleeve
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Trending Topics

  • Magazine Articles

    1. Carbs After Bariatric Surgery?

      Posted in: Food & Nutrition
      Lisa Kaouk, RD & Monica Bashaw, RD
    2. New Year’s Resolutions

      Posted in: Support
      Alex Brecher
    3. Go With Your Gut!

      Posted in: Mental Health
      Louisa Latela, LCSW, LCADC
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×