Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Under 3 weeks left....nervous

It is such a foreign concept to me to worry about but my mother thinks because she’s been nagging me to get bariatric surgery for the last eight years and I would never do it. She had it done herself and she thought that I should do it but I was always too scared. I know she’s happy that I’m having it done, my surgery date is January 22. I’m also nervous but excited!

Don't be nervous all it does is tie you up in "nots" Step up to your finish line, take a deep breath, and then hop over!

It is such a foreign concept to me to worry about but my mother thinks because she’s been nagging me to get bariatric surgery for the last eight years and I would never do it. She had it done herself and she thought that I should do it but I was always too scared. I know she’s happy that I’m having it done, my surgery date is January 22. I’m also nervous but excited!
It is so much better when you are on the loser's bench. You are going to be glad you folloed through.

Sent from Zebby's SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

It is okay t9 be anxious for you are about to undertake something very very brave.🏆

On 12/30/2018 at 10:24 AM, Angel'sFaith said:

Got to have a little bit of coffee and cream and two spoonfuls creamy cream of wheat...yummy

Having my Ensure Max latte mocha... yummy. Gotta come home last night .. doing well. A little pain but not much.

23 hours ago, jasmineinmymind said:

You know, I had waited 4 years to do one becuase i went through seeing people go through ups and downs after there's. I finally was offered to have one by one of the best sleeve surgeons and took it...Glad I did... I'm off my metformin, and Water meds already and will be lowering amounts of meds for high blood pressure next... yippee just got home from surgery yesterday...

Edited by Angel'sFaith

You know, I had waited 4 years to do one becuase i went through seeing people go through ups and downs after there's. I finally was offered to have one by one of the best sleeve surgeons and took it...Glad I did... I'm off my metformin, and Water meds already and will be lowering amounts of meds for high blood pressure next... yippee just got home from surgery yesterday...
So happy to see you doing so well. I caught a cold. I can't believe it. This better be gone soon. I dont want to mess with my surgery date!

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hopefully you can get over it soon and have no delays.
Seems to have started Friday. I'm hoping by this Friday it's pretty much gone when I go for preop testing.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

I left the hospital with no Metformin, no Tresiba, no Trulicity, down one blood pressure pill. Can't think of anything else. They left me on Novolog sliding scale before meals as needed only. I have had exactly 3 shots since Dec 9th. All three times I had my Protein Shake before checking or something like that. This year is going to be so good. I feel better than I have in a very long time. Congratulations and best wishes. I am sure those medications are going bye bye as well.

Sent from Zebby's SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

OMG how wonderful that all is, just like a dream come true, the meds decrease, you're feeling GOOD. Zebby I am so pleased for you!

On 12/28/2018 at 10:46, kimberlymi said:

I did well durning the holidays. No weight gain, I lost 6 lbs this month so far. My surgery is January 15th . I start my 14 day liquid only pre op diet on December 31. I celebrated New Years with my husband yesterday with my last glass of wine.

I am not nervous at this point, but I am sure the nerves will show up eventually.
I am excited for you my surgery is the 15th. also!

And I see my surgeon on your surgery day, may we all see and hear good results!