Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Under 3 weeks left....nervous

So the count down begins. I'm nervous I've gained weight over the holiday. Next 3 weeks im going to try my hardest to be down before surgery. Anyone else having issues? I also still need to tell my mom what im doing. I just know telling her would open it up to other family members bring told. I dont care if they find out after the surgery. I just dont need opinions. My boyfriend says I need to let my mom know prior to surgery just in case. How about as im being wheeled into surgery? Lol all in all I'm like everyone else.....nervous about surgery but can't wait to start this part of my journey

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, Ellens531 said:

So the count down begins. I'm nervous I've gained weight over the holiday. Next 3 weeks im going to try my hardest to be down before surgery. Anyone else having issues? I also still need to tell my mom what im doing. I just know telling her would open it up to other family members bring told. I dont care if they find out after the surgery. I just dont need opinions. My boyfriend says I need to let my mom know prior to surgery just in case. How about as im being wheeled into surgery? Lol all in all I'm like everyone else.....nervous about surgery but can't wait to start this part of my journey

I did gain over holiday as well. My date is Friday and my only pre op is not gaining weight.

So today I had broth most of the day then got dinner i had Turkey salad.

Tomorrow I go in to get my pre blood work and an xray for my hiatal hernia repair and urinalysis. Praying I dropped the extra pounds from the past few days at weigh in Friday.

Working on issues from emotional eating as well...

I keep telling myself fear is not an option. I need my health back...

I did gain over holiday as well. My date is Friday and my only pre op is not gaining weight.
So today I had broth most of the day then got dinner i had Turkey salad.
Tomorrow I go in to get my pre blood work and an xray for my hiatal hernia repair and urinalysis. Praying I dropped the extra pounds from the past few days at weigh in Friday.
Working on issues from emotional eating as well...
I keep telling myself fear is not an option. I need my health back...
I'm going to start doing Protein Shakes and small lunches to try to make sure I'm good and get used to the lifestyle change. Emotional eating is a tough one. Once the next phase of my journey begins, I want to go to a therapist. I wasn't happy with the one I went to regarding the surgery. Good luck to you! Let us know how things go

I am having surgery on 1/17/2018 and so my countdown has begun also. I am excited but also nervous. I think it is expected. Where are you having yours done and when? Just curious if we will be on the same journey:)

Just now, Tina from Ohio said:

I am having surgery on 1/17/2018 and so my countdown has begun also. I am excited but also nervous. I think it is expected. Where are you having yours done and when? Just curious if we will be on the same journey:)

Mine is in Phoenix Az with Dr Arnold. I go in tomorrow..

I'm going in today for xrays, blood work and a urinalysis then my surgery is in the morning.
I'm a bit nervous but also anxious about my new life to follow...
I need all that stuff done 2 weeks out from my surgery.

15 hours ago, Ellens531 said:

I was super anxious, I didn't end up gaining any wait over thanksgiving ( I had mine done right before Christmas) he had me do 2 weeks of liquid diet prior to surgery and if you follow it to a T you will loose weight with the liquid diet. I was 276 before liquid diet, day of surgery I was 265. I didn't tell anyone in my family but my mom and my dad (and obviously my husband knew) but then family came up for the holiday and they put two and two together when they saw me gimping around sucking on a Protein Shake. I do agree with your boyfriend that you should tell someone else just in case. My mom was my backup in case my husband couldn't get off (which he couldn't because of it being so close to the holidays BUT he works in the hospital I had my procedure so he stay with me until they took me back went to work and spent his lunch break in my room then came right after he got off work)

I was super anxious, I didn't end up gaining any wait over thanksgiving ( I had mine done right before Christmas) he had me do 2 weeks of liquid diet prior to surgery and if you follow it to a T you will loose weight with the liquid diet. I was 276 before liquid diet, day of surgery I was 265. I didn't tell anyone in my family but my mom and my dad (and obviously my husband knew) but then family came up for the holiday and they put two and two together when they saw me gimping around sucking on a Protein Shake. I do agree with your boyfriend that you should tell someone else just in case. My mom was my backup in case my husband couldn't get off (which he couldn't because of it being so close to the holidays BUT he works in the hospital I had my procedure so he stay with me until they took me back went to work and spent his lunch break in my room then came right after he got off work)
How was surgery? How long were you in the hospital?

Tina , where in Ohio are you? I live in the center, well actually 14 miles from Centerburg, the geographical Center, my mother graduated from there eons ago. I had my RnY in Columbus At Ohio State University Hospital- Wexner Medical Center on September 5th, I was born in Newark and live now in Mount Vernon.

Mine's coming up in a little over two weeks, so I feel you on the excitement (and worry!) I haven't gained anything given I have been on the one month pre-op diet, but I did have a small splurge yesterday admittedly. I don't think it will hurt anything though, given my surgeon did mention I could have a small Christmas meal if I wanted (even though I didn't have one on that particular day.)

I am mostly struggling with sipping Water, given I don't really like the taste (even if the water here is really good), and I'm dealing with a lot of stomach pains from the lack of actual food.

As for the other bit, I would say to at least tell someone, be it your mom or someone else (whoever you are comfy with), and otherwise.. No one else needs to know, unless you want them to! It's your business, not theirs, especially if you're not looking for opinions on the matter.

Mine's coming up in a little over two weeks, so I feel you on the excitement (and worry!) I haven't gained anything given I have been on the one month pre-op diet, but I did have a small splurge yesterday admittedly. I don't think it will hurt anything though, given my surgeon did mention I could have a small Christmas meal if I wanted (even though I didn't have one on that particular day.)

I am mostly struggling with sipping Water, given I don't really like the taste (even if the Water here is really good), and I'm dealing with a lot of stomach pains from the lack of actual food.

As for the other bit, I would say to at least tell someone, be it your mom or someone else (whoever you are comfy with), and otherwise.. No one else needs to know, unless you want them to! It's your business, not theirs, especially if you're not looking for opinions on the matter.
One month preop diet? Yikes! My only preop diet is Clear Liquids the day before surgery and nothing after midnight. I am going to switch to mostly Protein Shakes now just because I want to get used to it and I want to lose some weight prior. I will eventually tell my mom but she's got a big mouth and then my sister will know and my aunt then it's my nieces. Ugh. I think I have a cold now and I'm freaking out because i don't need to get sick so close to surgery. Good luck to you and keep us posted

My Surgery is on January 17th, as well. I’m having mine done near NYC. I’m starting my two week liquid diet on the 3rd! I’m nervous as well!