Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For those that have lost a lot of weight and are no longer spring chickens I wondering how your necks and faces “ pull up”.

I have always had a round face, when I had my band and lost weight it was a lot slimmer and I ended up with a small wattle. Now that I have regained weight the place that it bothers me most is in my face. I have multiple chins and look like the turkey that got away. Looking at some of the christmas photos is so depressing.

I doubt that I will be able to afford a face or neck lift, if I want one of those hubby will probably make me go back out to work.

So if you are over 45 and have lost weight and not ended up with a large wattle please post pics or messages to give me some hope that maybe it won’t be too bad

My doc and I talked about this last week. How funny! She said my neck looked great and wasn't it shocking how well neck skin springs back into place the thinner we get? She said it's "very forgiving" skin, unlike our batwings. :( 🙄

My doc and I talked about this last week. How funny! She said my neck looked great and wasn't it shocking how well neck skin springs back into place the thinner we get? She said it's "very forgiving" skin, unlike our batwings.
Yes, now my bat wings are definitely a pain in the neck. Im ready for surgery on them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BariatricPal mobile app

Gosh I hear ya! I'm afraid I'm just going to have to embrace mine, cuz I don't see them going away anytime soon. LOL! I keep thinking 2019 might be the "year of the batwing" where batwings are the new black!

I think my pre op photo explains why I have turkey neck. Photo angle is everything *laughing* At 50 years old I'm good with the situation. I knew I would never be a model after WLS. My goal is to be a badass grandma.

day1.jpg

20181213_123732.jpg

Edited by Healthy_life

23 hours ago, Kimbero said:

About 130 pounds lost. I am surprised at how much my neck isnt drooping. And I am almost 51 years old. I was expecting alot of sagging skin. But didnt happentapatalk_1544555391062.jpeg 20181225_131706.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BariatricPal mobile app

You look great

2 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

My doc and I talked about this last week. How funny! She said my neck looked great and wasn't it shocking how well neck skin springs back into place the thinner we get? She said it's "very forgiving" skin, unlike our batwings. :( 🙄

I hope it is forgiving.Bat wings aka tuck shop arms don’t worry me too much, they are easy to cover up. Neck not so much. I might have to try the duct tape solution that someone shared on Facebook recently!

5 minutes ago, Healthy_life said:

I think my pre op photo explains why I have turkey neck. Photo angle is everything *laughing* At 50 years old I'm good with the situation. I knew I would never be a model after WLS. My goal is to be a badass grandma.

day1.jpg

20181213_123732.jpg

You now look like a granddaughter and not a grandma. Stunning

I wish someone would tell my hubby that photo angle is everything. The Christmas day shots he took are awful and he gets annoyed with me for being upset.

The other photos he takes are great but the ones of me horrible. If he would just take them from higher up it would be an improvement and considering how short I am it shouldn’t be that difficult

2 minutes ago, elcee said:

I wish someone would tell my hubby that photo angle is everything. The Christmas day shots he took are awful and he gets annoyed with me for being upset.

The other photos he takes are great but the ones of me horrible. If he would just take them from higher up it would be an improvement and considering how short I am it shouldn’t be that difficult

I was less than happy that my hubby snapped the recovery room photo above.😠. But now...I'm glad I have it. I don't have many pre op photos.

17 minutes ago, elcee said:

IKR!!!! There is not enough link love in the universe for me to show you my proper respects on this subject!!!!

27 minutes ago, Healthy_life said:

day1.jpg

20181213_123732.jpg

OK, can I just say these are 2 diff peeps? Seriously. One is your mother. The other is young gorgeous chick!!!! Who is smokin' hot!

What a beautiful motivational after picture, looked like your "before", working hard to become your" After", looking at you, I believe I CAN make it!

My waddle is just the motivation I need to drop my shoulders and lift my head in pics.

Or figure out how to gobble. 20181229_020516.jpeg FB_IMG_1546066985660.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app