Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

❤ JANUARY 2019 CHALLENGE ❤

Websites: I love Skinnytaste.com. It has great recipes with all the nutritional info. I'm going to try this recipe for jalapeno popper "nachos" https://www.skinnytaste.com/jalapeno-popper-nachos/

Also, Sparkpeople.com. Just found this recipe for low-carb tortillas that I've got to try: https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=3452540

12 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Websites: I love Skinnytaste.com. It has great recipes with all the nutritional info. I'm going to try this recipe for jalapeno popper "nachos" https://www.skinnytaste.com/jalapeno-popper-nachos/

Also, Sparkpeople.com. Just found this recipe for low-carb tortillas that I've got to try: https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=3452540

Oooooooooooooooooo

Day 29- website/apps

I am an addict of pinterest y'all! I think all my recipes I've used these last few months have come from there. They have tons of "keto" recipes, which I use because of CD. But I also make tons of other options that I can substitute for GF products. Best part is I can build the recipe in Myfitnesspal! So I input the ingredients and servings, and it calculates everything for me. I always get nervous when a serving is close to 400 calories... but then I remember that's for 1 cup of food. I'm lucky if I can ever eat more than 1/4 a cup! And yes... I will serve everyone so I can know the exact portion configuration. Then weigh my food so I know I don't get more than 3 oz on my plate. Then of course fitbit, as I have an ionic and it's amazing. Plus it syncs with myfitnesspal! Those are my 3 recommendations lol

Myfitnesspal
Pinterest
Fitbit

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Jan. 29th:

Websites and Apps I love

Web: Google (Scholar & Flights) , Bandsintown, Pinterest, Scott's Cheap Flights, Travel Noire, YouTube

These help me quickly gather info on various topics including medical issues, travel, shopping, events, projects etc. so I can maximize my real life obligations

Apps: Audible, Instagram, Netflix, WhatsApp, BariatricPal❤

These are for pure entertainment and social interactions❤

Honestly the only app I frequent is Baritastic. I love that app. My only frustration is that when I scan a food, chances are at least one of the macros are wrong, and they are still missing a lot of items. I am constantly sending in pics of nutrition labels for them to update their database. They should pay me.

OK, overcoming obstacles. You saw the bad section of my pantry and I need to stay out of it. If I could get rid of every item of junk food in this house, I would. But, it's just part of my journey that I will have to rely on willpower instead. Don't really discuss it much here but my kids have severe food insecurity from early on in their lives before they came to us. It's important to keep comforting Snacks available where they can see them and access them. They rarely rely on them anymore but trashing them isn't an option unfortunately. But, I can still do this!
So, the hard time for me is evening, after dinner, after the kids are in bed. I usually watch TV or get on my computer to relax and for some reason it just triggers my snacking monster. SOOoo, I'm switching up my routine. I've decided to make the time after the kids go to bed my self-care time. If I want to watch TV, I need to do it earlier in the day. I think it will give me a little mental boost and help me sleep better too. Shower, exfoliation, moisturizing, facial mask, relaxing music, herbal tea. I'm starting right now!
20190128_181935.thumb.jpg.8f7cef6e80b204de5292d58e12b8780a.jpg
1935062857_Screenshot_20190128-182315_AmazonMusic.thumb.jpg.cacad21a1049bebe932e56d0e3ce0121.jpg
Brilliant idea. Evening is my danger time too. After being busy all day, sitting in front of telly is a trap for me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

I love weightloss surgery YouTubers, especially :
- Bandedwendy (her archives are a gold mine of tips)
- Little Kansas Kitty (come for the weight loss journey, stay for the jogging and optimism)
- Minnie Me in TN (although she's been going through a tough time lately)
- SmilinsShrinking (incredibly inspirational)
- runnyrunny999 (cooks Japanese food and is compulsive viewing)

That last one isn't a weightloss channel, I just love him

#29 - Website/Apps

I really only use My Fitness Pal. It's great for letting me know how little Protein I get if I don't push myself. It also keeps me honest about days I eat too much and days I eat too little.

#29. I use my fitnesspal (i like that you can adjust the macros and scan the barcodes on food) and the fitbit app. I recently downloaded Diet bet and joined a game. Hopefully it will give me the kick in the pants I need to stay motivated and get as close to goal as possible before my plastics in early spring.

Not really into weight loss websites---unless you count these forums!

DIET: My Fitness Pal

EXERCISE: Muscleandstrength.com

SCALE: Renpho app

Muscle and strength is a little over the top with the meathead content but it has great beginner routines and you can look up different exercises and watch a video on how to do it properly. It enables me to feel confident when I'm trying to switch up my routine.

Screenshot_20190129-171714_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Naughty Glitter Goddess

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

EVERYONE STILL IN IT TO WIN IT!!! ALMOST THERE! CHECK IN , VERY EXCITING THINGS SOON - STAY TUNED...

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

My goal was to quit grazing all day. Haven't been too successful. However, I am better about writing it all down!