Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

❤ JANUARY 2019 CHALLENGE ❤

Top Weight Loss Tip:
It isn't going to be very original but a few nuts (only a few) half an hour before dinner and I feel more satiated after dinner b/c my body is fooled into thinking I had a big dinner, then I'm not running around looking for more afterwards.

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

18 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Ok, here's 1st Brekky, 2nd Brekky, and mid-morning matcha break! Will be back later today with more "riveting" food action!

Protein Latte

protein-latte_3788.thumb.JPG.ad26391ea80f28a09666261f3810e4e5.JPG

The food as it was served to me. Holy crap--alotta food!

bacon-eggs-spinach-mush-toms-full-order_3790web.thumb.jpg.f90aa46efc16a87c456fbf2b9dbf6d2d.jpg

My portion after I gave 1/2 or more of it away and traded for some avocado!

bacon-eggs-spinach-mush-toms-fluffy-portion_3792web.thumb.jpg.5c979eff193a4e0e981ec264e15ebf3f.jpg

My portion after I ate my 3/4-1cup of food

bacon-eggs-spinach-mush-toms-fluffy-after_3793web.thumb.jpg.628912964feaf2f8652ef37635048917.jpg

Mid-morning matcha break (cheers @GreenTealael)--hey, why does your's look so much greener/prettier? Mine is a greenish brown powder (organic from Vitacost).

mid-morning-matcha_3795web.thumb.jpg.da9659fbab8acd4c013090927b51ade4.jpg

Ok, here's the rest of the day: lunch and Dinner:

Lunch was 1cup Turkey Chopped salad

turkey-chopped-salad_3796.thumb.JPG.517f10628c101d11a9787b780d179752.JPG

Dinner: Caprese chicken and Green Beans (I only ate a couple of the green beans but finished the chicken.

caprese-chicken-green-beans_3797web.thumb.jpg.c1b46920495f2396a7d10046375d4a4c.jpg

Then sadly, the balsamic glaze I used caused me to wake up with RH and a bg of 46 or less. Had to do emergency reaction to get bg back up. Felt terrible: hot, massive sweats, heart beating fast, foggy/near-incoherence, shaking like a leaf. Ermergerd! Yuck!

#18 Top tip:
Follow your doctor's/RD plan for portions at all of your stages. Don't overeat! Don't eat more advanced from where you are presently.

13 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

lunch was 1cup Turkey Chopped salad

Dinner: Caprese chicken and Green Beans (I only ate a couple of the green Beans but finished the chicken.

caprese-chicken-green-beans_3797web.thumb.jpg.c1b46920495f2396a7d10046375d4a4c.jpg

Then sadly, the balsamic glaze I used caused me to wake up with RH and a bg of 46 or less. Had to do emergency reaction to get bg back up. Felt terrible: hot, massive sweats, heart beating fast, foggy/near-incoherence, shaking like a leaf. Ermergerd! Yuck!

Wow, you can't handle any sugars at all, can you?

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

Egad, woman! Hope you are doing alright now---side note, your food looked enviously delicious.

Jan. 18th:

Top weightloss tip:

#1. Find substitutions you can live with long term, very long term.

Additional:{Fun/vacation/birthday/celebration foods are just not for everyday life; Kale; Green Tea.}

Edited by GreenTealael

Number one tip: THROW IT OUT!

Growing up in a working class family it is instilled in you not to throw food out, don't waste food, clean your plate. It took a lot of retraining to toss certain leftovers in the trash.

Now, I am not talking about healthy food options that keep well--by all means save them and eat them again. I am talking about our less than stellar choices--like chipotle with rice, or street cart food, or anything over indulgent you may order in a restaurant. It's okay to indulge once in a while, but if you are keeping the leftovers and eating it for the next few days then you just turned you little treat into an entire week of no progress.

On 1/16/2019 at 10:18 PM, aussiemomdinoaunt said:

Well... today is the 16th! So where am I half way through my goals? I needed to go back to look, so I just quoted myself... is that bad? Who cares! Lol. This morning I weighed in at 186.6! I hit my goal of the 180's and surpassed my goal of 5 lbs! I know I set my goal small, but y'all I've had 3 separate stalls that have lasted about 2 weeks each. I was anticipating another stall I guess! Here's to maybe seeing the bottom end of 180 before the end of the month!

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑

23 hours ago, bogglesauce said:

1539135413_Screenshot_2018-12-21-01-47-562.png.908c6d7ef8adac46537fb8d7ddf403f5.png

I'm a little behind, forgive me!

14. Biggest NSV So Far - there are so many, but I think being able to go to my hour-long exercise classes and stay through the entire class without stopping halfway through and going home has been huge for me.

15. #TransformationTuesday photo below!

16. January Goals halfway: I've been walking every day on my lunch breaks and drinking at least 50 oz of Water a day. I have gone over my calories twice but other than that, I've stayed on track. My only issue is that as I've started doing strength training again, I've gotten hungrier.

17. Today's meals in photos - will post pics later, I didn't meal prep today!

IMG_20190115_085001.jpg

💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪

23 hours ago, YeahOkay31 said:

Okay, a lot of catch-up today.

12. How I eat now? Measuring everything--even at work with my portable food scale.

13. Lazy weekend, did a little shopping including these very appropriate PJs for my daughter.

14. Biggest NSV thus far was fitting into the Dragon Coaster at Rye playland back in August

15. Transformation Tuesday---one on the right was June 2017, I don't know how much I weighed---maybe 320. I hit 330 very soon after and not wanting to get back to my all time high of 377 is when I decided on pursuing my gastric sleeve.

16. Halfway progress---here it is onederland. Lordy, did that take a long time! Also started therapy on Monday, so hopefully onto a better place soon.

17. Today I am being a bit Spartan since I was home sick yesterday and took it as an excuse to eat excessively and not make good choices. And there isn't heavenly god juice in that coffee mug---just an Isopure Protein Shake.IMG-4063.JPG

IMG-4062.thumb.JPG.2a71af706d3e6467e0370e076114a2de.JPG

Dragon_Coaster_3.jpg

IMG-4068.JPG

IMG-4067.JPG

IMG-4069.JPG

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

2 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

lunch was 1cup Turkey Chopped salad

Dinner: Caprese chicken and Green Beans (I only ate a couple of the green Beans but finished the chicken.

Oh man! Get well soon 🎈

16 hours ago, Naughty Glitter Goddess said:

This is probably going to be it for me today unless I have a Protein Drink later. Got some stomach flu situation happening...

coffee, fairlife milk and GENEPRO with sugar free toriani: brown sugar cinnamon flavor

Stir fry with chicken, veggies, garlic, ginger, peanut sauce

20190117_055902.jpg

20190117_111343.jpg

Get well soon 🎈