Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

❤ JANUARY 2019 CHALLENGE ❤

Jan. 16th:

The ides of January have come and gone...

We are more than halfway through at this point (yay!) My goals of remembering the food timer has been successful in all but one occasion and I'll eat that (pun intended)

I feel pretty good.

Edited by GreenTealael

#16. Halfway through January.

Still down almost to lowest weight. Following all the rules with the exception of bad behavior on the weekends and still haven't gotten it together on the strength training 3 days per week. :(

Ok will do better today!

Is it bad I had to look up what my goals were?

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

So here they are :
Starting Weight for Jan: 112.9 / 249
GW for Jan: 108 / 238

Jan Goals:
- Lose a kilo a week
- make up all my Ramadan missed fasts
- keep net carbs under 50 a day

Halfway through I'm at 110.1 (242 lbs) which is a loss of 1.23 kilos per week, so met and exceeded that goal!

Ramadan fasting suspended because Aunt Flo visited and she overstays her welcome so only made up three days.

Net carbs have not stayed under 50. That's been a miserable failure [emoji24]

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

😓😓😓😓😓😓😓😓😓😓😓😓😓😓😓

So umm I went back to the mega sale at the Gap (don't judge me) and you are right @FluffyChix, I'm a small, in Gap brand anyway

The skirt is a small, the top (bodysuit is a large and it's WAY too big)

I know

Pics or it didn't happen...

check out the incredulity on my face

IMG_20190116_161716.jpg

IMG_20190116_161633.jpg

IMG_20190116_161616.jpg

I want to laugh at your incredulity and congrat you with jazz hands all at the same time!! Well played!! Well played! :D

Hi! Bear with me while I catch up over the last couple of days...

My biggest NSV so far is something I just realized the other day and it's eating in public again.

I didn't realize how much I was avoiding socializing because I was uncomfortable in restaurants. Meeting someone was always stressful. Besides the self esteem issues, there were always so many barriers. Will this chair hold my weight? Will I fit in this booth? Are people watching me eat? I'd always catch someone looking at me with a disgusted look so I focused on never making eye contact with anyone. Not great for quality of life.

Sometime within the last month, I started eating in restaurants again on my own. I choose a new place to try, scope out the menu ahead of time for something healthy and then thoroughly enjoy a small fraction of it while staring at my phone like a normal person! Yay!

#Transformation Tuesday

PROGRESS 5MO.PNG

progressface5mo.PNG

I'm doing about 50/50 on my January goals. My food choices have been either great or crappy. I did OK with weight loss this month and now have hit a short plateau. I think I'm not getting enough calories in now that I'm working out harder. This was a problem a couple of months ago and increasing my calories helped. That's when I started letting some not great foods back into my diet and I gave myself the excuse that I needed the extra calories and I was still losing weight. Problem is that they mess with my head. So the last few days I've focused on cleaning up my diet instead of worrying about IF. I discovered that I can eat scrambled eggs again if I have it in the evening. I still get all foamed up even if I eat them slowly in the mornings. Wtf?

Anyway, I think I'm on a good track now that I eat either some greek yogurt with toasted nuts or part of a scrambled egg with salsa on it as an evening snack. No other choices - if I'm not interested in eating one of those things then I don't really need anything. We shall see! Hoping for some more progress on the scale but putting together before/after pics helped me not feel so blah about my progress :)

Late is better than never! I took the picture on the 1st so I can compare at the end of the year!

2) My January Goal is to get into the 180's, I'm currently 194.2 so I'm hoping for at least a 5 lbs loss this month.

3) 2019 goals is to hike a new and moderate to hard trail every week, so 52 total. Also to run a 5K. I use to run them before I gained all my weight back, so I want to smash my old times2089076108_20190102_2225592.thumb.jpeg.5da12755f0ab4aaac186ffbe1d41e1b4.jpeg 229294991_20190102_2226052.jpeg.a38795ec36fef56059ea12c047c0ba2b.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Well... today is the 16th! So where am I half way through my goals? I needed to go back to look, so I just quoted myself... is that bad? Who cares! Lol. This morning I weighed in at 186.6! I hit my goal of the 180's and surpassed my goal of 5 lbs! I know I set my goal small, but y'all I've had 3 separate stalls that have lasted about 2 weeks each. I was anticipating another stall I guess! Here's to maybe seeing the bottom end of 180 before the end of the month!

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

#17 - Today's meals in photos.....

Breakfast burrito from stripes (bad choice, I know), but needed the Protein. Ate the bacon and eggs, and this is what's left.

IMG_0748.jpg

1 hour ago, shanza said:

#17 - Today's meals in photos.....

Breakfast burrito from stripes (bad choice, I know), but needed the Protein. Ate the bacon and eggs, and this is what's left.

IMG_0748.jpg

Why do you think that was a bad choice? It's perfectly acceptable in my book!

1539135413_Screenshot_2018-12-21-01-47-562.png.908c6d7ef8adac46537fb8d7ddf403f5.png

I'm a little behind, forgive me!

14. Biggest NSV So Far - there are so many, but I think being able to go to my hour-long exercise classes and stay through the entire class without stopping halfway through and going home has been huge for me.

15. #TransformationTuesday photo below!

16. January Goals halfway: I've been walking every day on my lunch breaks and drinking at least 50 oz of Water a day. I have gone over my calories twice but other than that, I've stayed on track. My only issue is that as I've started doing strength training again, I've gotten hungrier.

17. Today's meals in photos - will post pics later, I didn't meal prep today!

IMG_20190115_085001.jpg

Okay, a lot of catch-up today.

12. How I eat now? Measuring everything--even at work with my portable food scale.

13. Lazy weekend, did a little shopping including these very appropriate PJs for my daughter.

14. Biggest NSV thus far was fitting into the Dragon Coaster at Rye playland back in August

15. Transformation Tuesday---one on the right was June 2017, I don't know how much I weighed---maybe 320. I hit 330 very soon after and not wanting to get back to my all time high of 377 is when I decided on pursuing my gastric sleeve.

16. Halfway progress---here it is onederland. Lordy, did that take a long time! Also started therapy on Monday, so hopefully onto a better place soon.

17. Today I am being a bit Spartan since I was home sick yesterday and took it as an excuse to eat excessively and not make good choices. And there isn't heavenly god juice in that coffee mug---just an Isopure Protein Shake.< a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" data-fileid="86068" href="https://s.bariatricpal.com/uploads/monthly_2019_01/IMG-4063.JPG.cf8f0e4093015bb9998d81aabcf07e15.JPG" rel="">IMG-4063.JPG

IMG-4062.thumb.JPG.2a71af706d3e6467e0370e076114a2de.JPG

Dragon_Coaster_3.jpg

IMG-4068.JPG

IMG-4067.JPG

IMG-4069.JPG

Edited by YeahOkay31