Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

❤ JANUARY 2019 CHALLENGE ❤

OK, I'm dragging out the recipe day, but this was dinner tonight and it was fantastic! I made it with ground turkey instead of chicken. It didn't have that great caramel color, but it tasted great.

Thai Cashew Chicken

Thai Cashew Chicken

https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=124549&utm_campaign=recipe-of-the-day&utm_medium=email&utm_source=sparkpeople#ratings

Edited by Orchids&Dragons

Day 10 - Stop, drop, chug! Well, I can't chug because my tiny tummy wont be happy with me if I do... but I'll sip away until I get it down! Not gonna lie, this was an awkward selfie to take. Luckily no one was in my break room so it wasn't too embarrassing lol20190111_190703.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

How I Eat Now:
- if a recipe calls for sugar, I use Candarella
- I put (and order) skim milk in my coffees
- I put the Protein on the fork first (mostly)
- I weigh what I put on my plate or bowl
- I make a little baggie of 1 cup of air-popped popcorn with a spray of rapeseed oil and a teaspoon of Candarella all mixed up and take that to the cinema instead of buying movie popcorn
- I don't drink with my meals and for at least half hour afterwards
- I use a small plate or bowl and small cutlery
- I try and space my mouthfuls out (leaving 30 seconds in between) and chewing it well

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

#12 How I Eat Now

I measure everything. I use 1/2c measuring cup for Protein and one for low glycemic veg. Then each one goes on the scale and I weigh out my food so I know what fits within the 1/2 cup volume--about 2 to 2.5oz protein per meal and about 1.5-2oz veg per meal and a small amount of fat.

I log and record all food.

Protein first.

I use a saucer and a salad fork and try to take small bites, stopping 1/2 way through.

I Water load up to meal time, then no water for at least an hour afterward.

I'm now eating 5-6 meals to get my food in for the day without going over my 1cup max volume--about every 3 hours.

Dailys: 600-800 cals; 60-70g protein; 20g net carbs; 30-50g fat

Edited by FluffyChix

7 minutes ago, ms.sleeve said:

But I will pass on any dessert courses (side note: my taste for sweet stuff has diminished since surgery) and pick out whatever carbs I can, I promise!

On special occasions, don't deny yourself a treat (or a carb) if you'd really enjoy it. Celebrate the day without thoughts of depriving yourself. In my experience, those feelings of deprivation come back to bite you later. Your quantities will still be limited and your calories lower than they would have been by far.

Happy Anniversary!

Jan. 12th:

How I eat now:

Sugar. Nah. Stevia

Cereal and milk. Nope. Yogurt and granola is bae.

Sandwiches. Ha! Lettuce wraps or ryvita crispbread open-face sandwich

Salads galore, vegetables abound, tea love, coffee plays (on repeat with Protein Shakes as Creamer or half and half sometimes)

Most animal Protein consumption still rare, mostly fish

I ❤ legumes and nuts

I ❤ spring waters, the better... The better lol. Sometimes I add stur or true lemon Water enhancers to tolerate low class water... The struggle is real y'all

Splurging when I feel like but honestly if it's says diabetic, Keto or protein in the label lol

emp0_2.jpg

Edited by GreenTealael

12. How I Eat Now

I eat 100-200 calories every two hours until I hit 1200 calories, making sure I consume a minimum of 65 grams of Protein. Pretty simple!

How I Eat Now? CHEAP!

I magically turn every meal into four. I skip the noodles and rice! I drink Protein every morning and I stay out of the kid snacks!

20190111_120055.jpg

20190104_124827.jpg

How I eat now:

Way more Protein than I used to eat, and I eat it all day, not just at dinner.

Fewer veggies than I'd like, there's just not room.

Lots of yogurt.

I still eat a lot of Soups and stews.

Edited by Orchids&Dragons

9 hours ago, ms.sleeve said:

Ah forgot to mention: Today is our 15th wedding anniversary and hubs is taking me out to dinner to a restaurant with a 10-course tasting menu. This is right up my alley as each course is literally just 1 or 2 bites. Its served over 2-3 hours so volume-wise I should be good. However, I suspect I will be well over my average calorie count (and my MyFitnessPal entires will likely be wholly inaccurate)...but I'm good with that for today :)

But I will pass on any dessert courses (side note: my taste for sweet stuff has diminished since surgery) and pick out whatever carbs I can, I promise!

💜💜💜💜CONGRATS 💜💜💜💜

And I'm super certain that you're the Desserts course 😎

Day 12 - how I eat now?

I eat less then 3.5 oz a meal, no matter what it is or how good it tastes. Not just because I don't want to stretch my tummy, but mostly because I can't. No onions, no gassy greens, no gassy foods in general. No soda, and now that adult advent is over, no alcohol. I can't stomach sugar at all these days. With also being diagnosed with CD, no breads, and my carbs are super low. Just a lot of Protein, cheese, meats, and propel. Somedays it's hard and frustrating, especially when a meal is really freaking good, but I just turn it inti multiple meals and have to wait. I love this tool and am grateful for all these changes!

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app