Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

❤ JANUARY 2019 CHALLENGE ❤

#9 - How I'm keeping on plan

Protein and logging - doing well, Logging is easy for me. Protein has been a struggle, but I've been making Protein Drinks w Fairlfe, so that gets me mostly to my goal, and I down one even if it's 10 pm, ugh :(

supplements - Just lay them all out and get through them throughout the day. Doing mostly well, missed a few multi's or calciums due to the need to space them out, and I just run out of time during the day

Hydration - This has not been a success, because as I stated, I'm not a true believer. Just hard to find the motivation on this

11 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

#9 - How I'm keeping on plan

Protein and logging - doing well, Logging is easy for me. Protein has been a struggle, but I've been making Protein Drinks w Fairlfe, so that gets me mostly to my goal, and I down one even if it's 10 pm, ugh :(

supplements - Just lay them all out and get through them throughout the day. Doing mostly well, missed a few multi's or calciums due to the need to space them out, and I just run out of time during the day

Hydration - This has not been a success, because as I stated, I'm not a true believer. Just hard to find the motivation on this

Yay!!! At least you're trying...

3 hours ago, Healthy_life said:

#9 How I'm Keeping on plan:

Some fear of weight gain keeps me on plan. I gain quickly and it's slow to come off. I log, exercise, keep motivational things on my fridge, set goals, and this challenge is helping. Thanks @GreenTealael

Don't judge. Three months until Vegas. I'm going to see my sister in law on this vacation. At the beginning of my weight loss, she said to me " you know your just going to gain your weight back." 🙄 Anger is a great motivator to stay on plan. I hope to be in the low 130's for Mt Charleston.

download.jpg

images.jpg

Ooo, I can relate to anger as a motivator. Crush her!

Jan. 9th:
I'm staying on plan with all you amazing friends! I hope we are all friends- friend me if we aren't already...
The last Challenge I ran was my first and I was a little unprepared and unwell most of the time. I'm so glad this one is going a lot better. Honestly I hope to try to have someone run a different challenge every month. I like the community effort.
I'm mostly introverted in everyday life and my wls journey is not public, so this forum is essential for me. Thanks everyone for your participation. I'm crying into espresso...
I wish we knew each other in real life, I reckon we'd get along like a house on fire.
Thank u so much for running this challenge. It's really making BP fun and it's the thread I look for first everytime I open the app!

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

food prep is the #1 thing keeping me on track. If I literally do nothing else, this one thing keeps my eating on track. Whole family gets in the game. Kids food prep their after school Snacks because they want to be up in my business when my husband and I are cooking and rocking out to music on sundays. ❤️ Also, then I don't have to dig my hand into their boxes of crackers and be tempted.

Get yourself a good home team and you'll be set!

(Also, I'm 9 lbs away from losing my first 100lbs!!! Might hit it this month *squeal*)

20190105_161749.jpg

20190109_074926.jpg

How I'm keeping on plan:
- like lots of peeps I log everything that goes into my mouth, even the naughty teaspoon of Lidl 'proteinella' (SF Nutella alternative) I had whilst cooking tea.
- go on BP and another FB support group to get inspiration
- tell my hubs my weight (mostly coz it's exciting to announce I've lost another half a kilo etc)
- trying to make healthy options available if I crave something, like these really nice sweet peppers I found and Babybel cheeses for when I just need something in my mouth
- using skim milk instead of regular milk. This one's hard because I truly miss full-fat milk.

19 hours ago, mousecat88 said:

Going go try my first real goal tomorrow for Breakfast and make a low carb Breakfast taco! REAL FOOD! Psyched!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

Ooo, lets see pics of that thing. I love tacos

15 hours ago, Lovemickeymouse said:

I'm jumping in late so I need to play catch-up. 13 months post-op. Highest weight 276. BW Jan 2 is 220. January goal lose 10 pounds. I really want to lose 50 pounds by Feb 2019 (my 50th birthday). I plan on rewarding myself with an awesome trip. That is my motivation. Week 1 I got down to 217.2. Fitness plan is to go to the gym every morning. So far so good.

Here is my beginning pic and fridge pic.

IMG_20181225_213517469.jpg

IMG_20190108_224051362.jpg

Love the goals and that is an adorable dress

42 minutes ago, ummyasmin said:

I wish we knew each other in real life, I reckon we'd get along like a house on fire.
Thank u so much for running this challenge. It's really making BP fun and it's the thread I look for first everytime I open the app!

Ireland is only 8 hrs away, next time I'm there promises I'll visit ❤️

1 hour ago, Naughty Glitter Goddess said:

food prep is the #1 thing keeping me on track. If I literally do nothing else, this one thing keeps my eating on track. Whole family gets in the game. Kids food prep their after school Snacks because they want to be up in my business when my husband and I are cooking and rocking out to music on sundays. ❤️ Also, then I don't have to dig my hand into their boxes of crackers and be tempted.

(Also, I'm 9 lbs away from losing my first 100lbs!!! Might hit it this month *squeal*)

20190105_161749.jpg

20190109_074926.jpg

Love the family food prep Sunday. Your food looks fantastic.

How I'm (trying) keeping on the plan: Logging everything that goes in my mouth, even when I make not the best choices. Drinking lots of Water (I don't always do the best with this one). Exercising every day

Day nine
How do I stay on plan? Plan, plan, plan. I don’t leave anything up to chance. Carry Water with me everywhere I go, keep Greek yogurts in the work fridge, if I’m invited to a party, I bring a dish (one that I can eat, so if there’s nothing else there, I know I have a safe option). Fail to plan...plan to fail

Day 9! How am I staying on plan? I am logging absolutely everything, from spices to crumbs, that goes in my mouth. I'm weighing myself every day (I know, not the best idea lol) and I'm making sure I'm sticking with my C25K program. Even when it's icky and rainy outside, even when I am getting 4 hours of sleep between 12 hour shifts, even when I don't want to. I'm portioning out everything I cook and using the recipe options on Myfitnesspal to make sure it's all accurate instead of just writing it down and adding it up. It's a good habit to get into, my amazing man and brother are super supportive. I got this!

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Missed the last 2 days but here we go:

Day 8 - My fitness plan was just walking on the treadmill I have at home and I was walking 50 min a day. I now signed up with BeachBody On Demand and and starting the first workout today, I'll still try to add some 30-min walk every other day though.

Day 9 - How I'm keeping on plan, meal prep is major for me. I haven't done it this week because I worked everyday last week but I have a bunch of healthy stuff I ordered from the Bariatric Pal Store so I'm not making bad choices at all, I will prep this Sunday and already have my meal plan for the week so I'm pretty excited hahaha...going grocery shopping tomorrow.

Day 10 - On plan recipe. My meal plan for next week will include a ricotta bake that is delicious. Recipe is attached...I make it all in one small rectangular pyrex and divide into 7-8 pieces totaling 120-150 calories each and 12-15 grams of protein...I use everything fat free and add vegetables (shredded zucchini, butternut squash) and it quicks it up a notch.

Shellys Baked Ricotta Recipe - Genius Kitchen.pdf

19 hours ago, Naughty Glitter Goddess said:

20190105_161749.jpg

20190109_074926.jpg

All those beautiful hands helping!!!!