Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 days out. Dizzy and low blood pressure

Hi guys, I had surgery on December 17th. Im really struggling with my blood pressure dropping really low anytime im up. Im also very dizzy and weak. Anyone else have this issue? Thanks and merry Christmas!

Are you drinking all your Water? It will help. Otherwise, it tends to take time for that to pass, so try not to overexert yourself

I had surgery on the same day. I started drinking Powerade Zero and that stopped for me. Good luck.

I’m six days out and getting your liquids in can be a struggle. I would check with your dr just to make sure you are doing everything you can to feel better. They might have some helpful suggestions or options to help. I know my body is having trouble adjusting to the changes and it’s challenging. Best of luck to you!!!

Yep. What everyone said:

Hydration.

Electrolyte balance.

And if you're still taking any bp meds....

If you can't stop that shenanigans pretty quickly through hydrating, you need to call your doc and involve him. But you KNOW what you need to be doing. Right?

On 12/25/2018 at 5:02 PM, Anita watson said:

Hi guys, I had surgery on December 17th. Im really struggling with my blood pressure dropping really low anytime im up. Im also very dizzy and weak. Anyone else have this issue? Thanks and merry Christmas!

Had the same problem the other day. I was in the shower and everything went black. It was because I didn't have anything to drink yet that day. I had a Powerade zero and felt a lot better afterwords. Really push those fluids.

I had surgery 12/20 and my pressure has been on and off again low..my doctor already took me off of my blood pressure meds. I try to get my fluids in which is so hard. Set a timer for every 15mins..to take small sips..This is my favorite Protein Water cause I cant stomach the shakes yet.IMG674127517061181894.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I had dizziness for some days after surgery, but it passed - don't worry.

Once I got onto sloppy solids, it stopped altogether.

Drink drink drink and if the top number goes under 100 contact your dr

My surgery was 12/11 and mine was low and making me dizzy for the first couple of weeks but now it's evened out

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app