Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don’t feel much different!

Congratulations to all of you, smooth post-surgeries are a wonderful thing, I do envy you guys the little or no complications.

Be happy! I couldn't get all my liquids in for months! My face looked different (take a selfie every day or every few days) but I felt like my body wasn't doing anything. All the sudden my 24s turned into 18s overnight. I have the fullness restriction but no foods bother me. 104 pounds down!
Congratulations [emoji122] [emoji322] [emoji323] [emoji322]

Sent from Zebby's SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm just now starting the soft foods phase 3 weeks post-op, and I can already tell that food makes a big difference from liquid. I can eat so very little before feeling full, which is a good feeling knowing that the surgery has worked. I've lost 15 pounds and 16 inches already in 21 days, so I know it's working and will continue to work if I just be patient and follow the program.
Your statement is an inspiration to me. I don't start soft foods until Monday. I had the concern that my surgery wasn't working. I don't see much loss myself. I notice my clothing fitting different and I know that I lost over 20 lbs so far.

Same for me. Was sleeved 12/14 and I don’t feel much difference. I can drink no problem, and I mean big gulps! I’m hungry all the time. Not the old hungry, but a not real satisfied hungry. I eat something every two hours. About 1/2 cup to a cup. I’m never overly full. It’s hard to explain. I tolerate everything I’ve tried so far. Haven’t lost that much either. I had lost 10 pounds at my one week appt but have only lost 2-4 since then. I try not to weigh often as to not get discouraged. Waiting for this restriction to kick into high gear!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh my gosh Thanks for posing this question as I had been feeling the same!

This! I am freezing all the time now. Have never been cold my whole life. Indoors now I have to wear sweatshirts and sweaters, shoes and socks all the time. My hands and feet are freezing. Really never expected this and don't remember reading anything about it pre-op.
Same! My sleeve surgery was 12/17. I've been freezing!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BariatricPal mobile app

Same for me. Was sleeved 12/14 and I don’t feel much difference. I can drink no problem, and I mean big gulps! I’m hungry all the time. Not the old hungry, but a not real satisfied hungry. I eat something every two hours. About 1/2 cup to a cup. I’m never overly full. It’s hard to explain. I tolerate everything I’ve tried so far. Haven’t lost that much either. I had lost 10 pounds at my one week appt but have only lost 2-4 since then. I try not to weigh often as to not get discouraged. Waiting for this restriction to kick into high gear!

Okay so you and I are having a similar experience and I have to say I have been feeling super frustrated because I see people losing 40 pounds in a month and I am closer to 20 3 months out....but, I recently saw my nutritionist and she said I am drinking too much Water (which I didnt even know was a possibility?) But she told me to me very strict about not xri king before or after eating for an hour....the other thing she mentioned was super important...I had been doing a Keto diet pre-surgery and it was really helpful and working! But, with my new tummy, I can't stay eating the same level of fat....so, I need to watch calories, cut out that cheese I had been ingesting....I have been working out, eating healthy....taking my vitamins....but, I am taking what she said into consideration and trying my best to lower my fat, increase my Protein and not drink before or after meals...and I lost 5 pounds since seeing her....but, and I know this is just supposed to be a tool and not a miracle...I have worked really hard to lose each and every pound...oh and I am going bald, not very happy about that...sigh...

Sent from my SM-G930P using BariatricPal mobile app

Okay so you and I are having a similar experience and I have to say I have been feeling super frustrated because I see people losing 40 pounds in a month and I am closer to 20 3 months out....but, I recently saw my nutritionist and she said I am drinking too much Water (which I didnt even know was a possibility?) But she told me to me very strict about not xri king before or after eating for an hour....the other thing she mentioned was super important...I had been doing a Keto diet pre-surgery and it was really helpful and working! But, with my new tummy, I can't stay eating the same level of fat....so, I need to watch calories, cut out that cheese I had been ingesting....I have been working out, eating healthy....taking my vitamins....but, I am taking what she said into consideration and trying my best to lower my fat, increase my Protein and not drink before or after meals...and I lost 5 pounds since seeing her....but, and I know this is just supposed to be a tool and not a miracle...I have worked really hard to lose each and every pound...oh and I am going bald, not very happy about that...sigh...

That’s helpful. I have been eating a lot of cheese. But my program calls for healthy fats and Protein. I will cut it out a week and see if it helps. I haven’t really been tracking calories too much because my dr told me as long as I was getting 100 grams of protein and 64 oz of liquid I’d lose the weight. Said I wouldn’t be able to eat much else. I’ve stuck to the diet but I just don’t feel the restriction like I thought. I’m walking a couple of miles a day. Just got cleared to start more exercise.

That’s helpful. I have been eating a lot of cheese. But my program calls for healthy fats and Protein. I will cut it out a week and see if it helps. I haven’t really been tracking calories too much because my dr told me as long as I was getting 100 grams of Protein and 64 oz of liquid I’d lose the weight. Said I wouldn’t be able to eat much else. I’ve stuck to the diet but I just don’t feel the restriction like I thought. I’m walking a couple of miles a day. Just got cleared to start more exercise.

I started logging my food on my Fitbit, a long with my exercise and the fitbit actually breaks my food intake into carbs, fat, protein and my fat even now tends to be higher than I would have ever imagined....I would suggest trying that, if you have a fit bit so you can see the calories, fat, carb, protein intake...for me, it was all overwhelming, frustrating...I was feeling very defeated and looking at these things helped me to see some of what I was unknowingly doing wrong...

When I started soft foods the feeling and restriction is very present. I have made a couple mistakes and Tiny Tummy threw a fit. I was cutting cantaloupe and just popped a cube in my mouth. Definitely did not chew enough. It was a very eye opening experience. There are some foods I can not eat because Tiny Tummy no longer likes it. Everything in the guidelines and information becomes real and larger than life. Be patient and be aware. The change is going to become real evident.

I haven't lost a super large amount of weight yet but I can tell I am losing. I walk as much as possible. Take my Vitamins and try to get in my protein and water the best I can. My ex used to drink so much water he would become intoxicated. To the hospital he would go to get the Fluid drained with IV diuretics. I try to watch my water intake to as close as possible to standard and try not to go over too much. Keeping my water and meals completely apart but it is a constant struggle.

I am almost 3 weeks out and also feel pretty good, but starting to try and eat “soft” foods and mixed chicken is a whole different ball it wax! Am reverting back to liquids and super soft foods ...

I am almost 3 weeks out and also feel pretty good, but starting to try and eat “soft” foods and mixed chicken is a whole different ball it wax! Am reverting back to liquids and super soft foods ...
I to am stepping back a little. The soft foods sound and seem so good to us but our tummies say not just yet. [emoji4]

On 12/25/2018 at 16:22, KatiT47 said:

I am cold!!!! Unfortunately, I still have the sweet tooth. My daughter and I had surgery together ❤️ She is healing entirely different than I. She barely gets in Water and juice.

I still have my sweet tooth unfortunately!!! I was hoping that would go away! I've always struggled w resisting sweets. Hoping it won't be my down fall downthe road.

I have told myself I no longer eat sweets, full stop . At least until I hit goal