Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with Christmas going to be a little strange around table sipping on my protein shake..This to will pass

It was a little difficult to be around all the Xmas food but happily mom didn’t make the Cookies I love and I’ve never been that crazy about turkey..I just told myself it was one night , one year , next yr I can have little tastes if I want .

And I just bet you will, at this time next year you could be rocking a weight goal acheived.

23 hours ago, ummyasmin said:

It is a it of a mind-bleep that can sometimes catch you unawares.
Christmas isn't a thing for me, for obvious reasons, but I have just recently discovered the main reason I liked going to the movies was for the popcorn and icecream. I've had a couple of opportunities to go to the movies post-op and both times they were really meh. Then I realised, I used to get all excited about the popcorn coz that's what movies meant to me as a kid! So it's been a painful realisation that my enjoyment level was so connected to the food part.

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

So the movies was kind of the same for me, I still sware there is an addictive agent in the popcorn because it's the only food smell on earth that affects me... Still. But I'm also from NYC, we are resourceful , I can sneak a Whole Foods salad in the theater without blinking 😎

When I don't want to eat, I drink coffee in the theater as it's a slow process and I usually have to get it done over, because apparently they set the carafe temp somewhere between how I feel about my Ex fiance and Dante's innermost circle of hell.

Edited by GreenTealael

57 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

So the movies was kind of the same for me, I still sware this is an addictive agent in the popcorn because it's the only food smell on earth that affects me... Still. But I'm also from NYC, we are resourceful , I can sneak a Whole Foods salad in the theater without blinking 😎

When I don't want to eat, I drink coffee in the theater as it's a slow process and I usually have to get it done over because apparently the set the carafe temp somewhere between how I feel about my Ex fiance and Dante's inner circle of hell.

Decaf black coffee and hot cups of tea are amazingly satisfying in any number of dicey situations!! The movie theatre (popcorn from the debil), wine bars, restaurants! And it does a great job for me as a food substitute, like if I'm drinking it, I don't have much need to fill my piehole with solid food. So weird. Maybe cuz of our IF? And behaviorally, that's what I do if hunger becomes pretty "forceful"?

11 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Decaf black coffee and hot cups of tea are amazingly satisfying in any number of dicey situations!! The movie theatre (popcorn from the debil), wine bars, restaurants! And it does a great job for me as a food substitute, like if I'm drinking it, I don't have much need to fill my piehole with solid food. So weird. Maybe cuz of our IF? And behaviorally, that's what I do if hunger becomes pretty "forceful"?

Plus I started thinking about Jung, and I know they have been conditioning us from the start. And y'all know how I feel about conspiracy theories, tea & coffee and being told how to think...

I mean seriously why advertise food (especially before a movie/TV shows?) you think anyone is really going to forget to eat???

Edited by GreenTealael

1 minute ago, GreenTealael said:

Plus I startef thinking about Jung, and I know they have been conditioning us from the start. And y'all know how I feel about conspiracy theories, tea & coffee and being told how to think...

You mean "big agri/food"? Conditioning us with addictive chemicals to make us want/need/compel to eat? :D I think you're not sniffin' glue, Aldus! You're on to something!

I had 1oz of shrimp dip and 1oz of port wine cheese. Everyone else shoveled in ham, mac n cheese, rolls, Chick Fil A catered nuggets, spicy green Beans, deviled eggs, etc etc. I just looked at them like they were total freakos because HOW THE HECK DO THEY FIT ALL THAT IN? And everyone else looked at my plate and told me they wished they could eat just that small of an amount. I think they felt more awkward than I did. I was like two bites, done. And look at ya'll. SMH. JUDGEYYYYY. lmao.

You are not strange and definitely not alone. These surgeries prevent us from eating too much too quick, but as far as food addiction, and all the emotions that come with certain foods and certain times of the year, that’s still hard for just about everybody I think. So you’re not alone! My family made Lasagna for Christmas as always. I settled with the Ricotta Bake recipe that’s floating around here and I was able to curb the head hunger. Somehow puréed Lasagna seemed a little too soon....

Christmas Eve was filled with all of my absolute favorites, so that was tough. I had my usual Protein packed Breakfast and lunch, then ate teensy bits of the things I wanted, including a mini 2 bite eclair. Part of me wished I could shovel in the Pasta and bread and pastries but I was so very grateful and relieved that I could not. I felt awful and guilty but then I tracked what I ate and it wasn't bad at all. Christmas day was easier because while I enjoyed the dinner served, it wasn't too carb heavy and it wasn't unusually tempting. I had my usual breakfast, ate three leftover shrimp for lunch, then for dinner I had tiny bites of the protein only and a small butter cookie and I didn't feel deprived. Today I was extra strict, with cottage cheese for lunch to make up for lost protein and to keep the calories low.

4 minutes ago, vic91218 said:

You are not strange and definitely not alone. These surgeries prevent us from eating too much too quick, but as far as food addiction, and all the emotions that come with certain foods and certain times of the year, that’s still hard for just about everybody I think. So you’re not alone! My family made Lasagna for Christmas as always. I settled with the Ricotta Bake recipe that’s floating around here and I was able to curb the head hunger. Somehow puréed Lasagna seemed a little too soon....

Honestly I find that the ricotta bake is as satisfying as lasagna. The noodles don't really add much, and when you are able to add meat, add some lean ground beef or Italian turkey sausage and you probably won't miss the Pasta at all.

Good points! :)