Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let the lying begin . . .

I'm looking more like my father and I'm not happy about it (sorry dad)

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

Hmmm I do hope he is a very handsome man. One of my friends has a daughter who looks just like her husband, so much she could be used for identification at their local bank.

5 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

I no longer look like me, I no longervrecognize myself, I look like my Mama and my Aunt Grace, both long dead. When do I get to the stage where I look like a younger cuter sister? I'm waiting, I'm waiting!

I'm the youngest in my family. Now I look like my older sister! There's something to be said for facial fat - it really smooths out those fine (ok, deep) wrinkles and lines :D

9 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

Hmmm I do hope he is a very handsome man. One of my friends has a daughter who looks just like her husband, so much she could be used for identification at their local bank.

That could be my daughter. She is so much like her father's side of the family it's unreal. Her brother (2 years younger) looked so much like her people used to ask if they were twins. I have a photo of him from about 2 weeks before he died and he looks exactly like his father did at age 20. Clearly my family's genes were the weaker genes.

14 hours ago, MMME said:

I'm the youngest in my family. Now I look like my older sister! There's something to be said for facial fat - it really smooths out those fine (ok, deep) wrinkles and lines :D

That could be my daughter. She is so much like her father's side of the family it's unreal. Her brother (2 years younger) looked so much like her people used to ask if they were twins. I have a photo of him from about 2 weeks before he died and he looks exactly like his father did at age 20. Clearly my family's genes were the weaker genes.

I'm so sorry to hear about your son. He died tragically young. Is it harder or easier on you that his sister looks so much like him?

14 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

I'm so sorry to hear about your son. He died tragically young. Is it harder or easier on you that his sister looks so much like him?

Thank you. I'm not sure about whether it's harder or easier. I never really thought about it. They both inherited their paternal genes though. Blondes with very strong Nordic appearance. And thin. My daughter weighs about 105 lb and she's 5' 4". My son was 5' 11" and weighed about 160 soaking wet. Me? Short with dark hair and blue eyes and freckles - very Irish looking.

On 12/24/2018 at 1:52 PM, sillykitty said:

I agree O&D, just smile and lie, not like they'll be able to tell a 10 lb difference!

Families are funny. At Thanksgiving a cousin's wife who I hadn't seen in 6 months, walks in the door and says "You ....................... cut your hair!" Lol, yeah, that's the big difference in my appearance :lol:! (I mean she obviously knew it wasn't my hair but was thought I might be offended if she mentioned my weight loss, I guess). I have an aunt whom I told early on, when my losses started showing. She just keeps asking how much I have lost. I've shared that with only a small group of people, and don't intend on telling her. I just keep dodging the question, but she's not deterred, she keeps asking me and my mom as well. :lol:

You should say "30-40lbs" like all the stars. They always only report a max of 40lb weight loss when you know damn well they lost the equivalent of a small fishing village. (Not saying that's how much you've lost, saying that IS how much I've lost and I just say, "Ohhhhhh around 40lbs. Thanks!" :D

22 hours ago, ummyasmin said:

I'm looking more like my father and I'm not happy about it (sorry dad)

OMG, I told my doc this last week. That's it's interesting getting to know "mature me" and that I look exactly like my dad! *snort* Good times!

On 12/24/2018 at 16:36, NYJenn said:

I HATE the question “how much have you lost?” I’m so proud of my 91 lbs but I feel like when I say the number people turn into a deer in the headlights trying to calculate “god how fat did she used to be???”
Lol this is exactly true!!! Some follow up with ... so what are you at now??? Like that is appropriate 😩

9 minutes ago, shellee2005 said:
On 12/24/2018 at 3:36 PM, NYJenn said:

I HATE the question “how much have you lost?” I’m so proud of my 91 lbs but I feel like when I say the number people turn into a deer in the headlights trying to calculate “god how fat did she used to be???”

Lol this is exactly true!!! Some follow up with ... so what are you at now??? Like that is appropriate 😩

I guess the appropriate response is "You, first!"

OMG, I told my doc this last week. That's it's interesting getting to know "mature me" and that I look exactly like my dad! *snort* Good times!
IKR! When my face is fat I look like his mother lol, now that it's slimming down, I look like him waaaaaaa. I have never looked like my mum. She's skinny, super-fit, short spikey hair. Noone ever thinks we're related.

I think it is terribly rude to ask someone how much they have lost, even if they are close family.

That's why 3 things at a family gathering should be not discussed, politics, weight loss and finances. Only heartaches in store if you try.