Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

That I can get back to work first week of jan.. unfortunately though pain from hernia is so bad.im icing it hopefully I'll be well enough..with this extra work I'm having a longer recovery time..focusing on my Vitamins fluids and Protein intake at the moment..

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Prayers coming your way! I hope you feel better!

I’m in the same boat @pinksparkle1965
My follow up with the nutritionist is 12/31 and with the surgeon is 1/3. I’m hoping to be back to work on the 4th but this hiatal hernia really put a wrench in the works. I hope you’re feeling better very soon!

Thank you bariatric family for your kind words prayers and support

One of worst things about distal hernia repair is that hurts with every breath you take. You see, it's your diaphragm, your breathing muscle that got cinched up, when they made the defect/hole smaller it was in a very strong muscle. And do you also have left shoulder pain? That's where the nerves originated, right below your gills when you were a teeny tiny embryo. Didn't know you once,had gills like a tadpole? Yep, you sure did, even resembled one somewhat. Embryology was one of the things I loved studying, while other girls my age were into Mills and Boon/Harlequin romances I was curled up with science and medical 📚. Give me a PDR, wave a Grays Anatomy at me and I'll follow you over a cliff, into an Ocean. If I had gotten my way, I had the potential to set medicine back on its heels. Alas now I am only an Old know-it-all on here, but I also never stopped trying to learn.😛👓💊

Now where did distal come from? I distinctly keyed in HIATAL and HIATAL was what I meant! Mea Culpa!

Makes total sense! My breathing was very shallow in the hospital and with the binder on. Though with this pain still being persistent I’m contemplating putting the binder back on just to hold stuff in place!

thank you for the info @Frustr8 😊

One of worst things about distal hernia repair is that hurts with every breath you take. You see, it's your diaphragm, your breathing muscle that got cinched up, when they made the defect/hole smaller it was in a very strong muscle. And do you also have left shoulder pain? That's where the nerves originated, right below your gills when you were a teeny tiny embryo. Didn't know you once,had gills like a tadpole? Yep, you sure did, even resembled one somewhat. Embryology was one of the things I loved studying, while other girls my age were into Mills and Boon/Harlequin romances I was curled up with science and medical . Give me a PDR, wave a Grays Anatomy at me and I'll follow you over a cliff, into an Ocean. If I had gotten my way, I had the potential to set medicine back on its heels. Alas now I am only an Old know-it-all on here, but I also never stopped trying to learn.
Wow well mine was the size of a fist

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

And @ pink sparkle 1965 have a fantabulous 2019! You will never by a sour lemon drop as long as you are a Pink Starburst!

The last week or or so, say since 16th February, 8 have had some we8rd conflicting medical reports, I have gone from " Maybe this will be Okay with mere Home Treatment to my PCP to my local Emergency for Cat Scan. and additional and traditional. blood cultures. First one taken at PCP was within most limitations, but the second which,was v taken a few days laterThursday) showed something abnormal. Either the hospital here, an community one alas, not even a Trauma level unless you consider reference or "feeder fish" as one. Either they cross- contaminated it themselves, which knowing KCH not impossible, I have developed a strange blood abnormally or I really need more exstensive,testing. KCH calls on a Sunday afternoon when Mount Vernon not onlynrplls 6he sidewalks up, they sit a big rock on top to hold them,into place. Now today is Presidents Day, s9 even Publics Transport,is shut down
So what am I asking? for prayerwise? A little clarity of thought would be a good start. Kay my good buddy who would normally drive across broken glass for me has her late' minor stage,grand daughters, 12 and nearly 17. Do I ask her to load them, my son Tomkitten in the back seat, her and I in the front, set out,on a modern day Conestogsa trek to Columbus, not knowing what we may find? One of the girls parents are in Kentucky, the other in. Florida, that's why they are at Kay's,
house anyway.
What to Do , What to Do ? Meanwhile am I feeling,better? N*O*P*E!