Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2019 sleepers

My surgery was on March 13, 2019. It was supposed to be a month earlier but I caught the flu and the logistical setbacks kept rolling on from there. Now, thankfully, I’m 17 days post-op. I feel relatively good. Still a little sore. Struggling to get all my Protein and liquids in as I get accustomed to my new stomach. I have no regrets so far but I know the real challenges will come when I return to work overseas after surgery and recovery in the States.

After 1 wk post op, started my Proteins and Vitamins. I feel so much better. I’m still working on getting my Water in. But that Protein Shake hit the spot. I wasn’t able to finish it all but it was still better than just clears liquids.

On 04/01/2019 at 12:21, Bkprincess21 said:

Is anybody doing baby food? For their puree weeks?

I’m not. Lol My NUt said as long as I chewed to purée like consistency, I was good. I’ve had chicken salad and it went down fine! But mostly doing creamed Soups, mashed potatoes, that sort of thing.

I read that baby food isn’t ideal because of its high sugar content. I use a hand blender on most of my foods and it is working out ok.

I use baby food still even in the soft food stage! The squeeze pouches are so handy for on the go, and sugar isn’t an issue for the ones I have. I think they’re so yummy

Mine was March 27th 2019, 1 week ago.

I love the hunts suger free pudding cups 3ounces

Well my fellow March sleevers…. I was introduced to this thing called Constipation yesterday and it was a freaking nightmare. Thought I was going to end up in the ER as the pain was pretty bad, but after several concoctions of collace, Miralax, suppositories and enema things passed. I think I'll certainly keep a better eye on this one as not to go through that again.

Anyone else having constipation issues?

Hello There! I was sleeved on March 11th. I've now been in that dreaded week 3-4 stall... SO FRUSTRATING!

🙋🏻‍♀️@massman

The diet my dieticians gave me doesn’t include a puréed food stage. I’ve gone from Clear Liquids to full liquids, and now in stage 3 I can have yogurt, pudding, and strained cream Soups. Oh, I can also have oatmeal. On Monday I’m allowed soft cooked Beans, vegetables, and low-fat cottage cheese. I’m overly excited about that because my biggest cravings are savory foods. All of these sweet shakes and drinks are driving me bonkers, and the packaged Protein soups are drab.

I had my sleeve done March 22 and so now I’m two weeks out. I initially lost 12 pounds - in the first week - but now I’ve hit a stall. I even put on a pound over this last week. I was feeling really discouraged but reading this thread and seeing people’s experiences and all the encouragement from everyone has been so helpful. I’ve noticed I’m shrinking, even if the scales aren’t moving, so just need to sit with this frustration. I too have had issues with constipation; a first for me and very annoying. Hope everyone is doing okay