Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2019 sleepers

2 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

What is a NOLA gal like you doing in Viet Jam? Is it business or a pleasure trip? Don't know if I could go there or not, I'm sure it is TRULY beautiful in 2019. ME-----
I remember the Viet Nam War,too strongly, just my hangup, I probably wouldn't visit the EUROPEAN concentration camps either, I avoid locations of human suffering.

My job brought me here. I have a couple of years left on this assignment. I have two uncles rolling in their graves because i’m here but they knew better than anyone that you go where Uncle Sam sends you.

I had my surgery on March 5th, 2019. I was losing a lot of weight each week. Last week only 1 lb and this week I only lost 1.5 lbs. I am frustrated at going through this surgical process to lose weight and having the loss already slowing down. I have not cheated at all. I stay at 1000 healthy calories a day, 70 to 80 grams of Protein. Only drink Water. most days 64 ozs per day. What am I doing wrong?

On 05/26/2019 at 15:21, ihartme said:

I had my surgery on March 5th, 2019. I was losing a lot of weight each week. Last week only 1 lb and this week I only lost 1.5 lbs. I am frustrated at going through this surgical process to lose weight and having the loss already slowing down. I have not cheated at all. I stay at 1000 healthy calories a day, 70 to 80 grams of Protein. Only drink Water. most days 64 ozs per day. What am I doing wrong?

Trust the process, the stalls come at different times, and a 1 pound loss is better than a no loss stall any day! You got this, just keep doing what you are doing. A little more Water maybe is the only thing based on what you said, but otherwise you are doing great!

My doctor told me to expect 1 pound a week and that has stayed true. Slow and steady wins the race!

Came back for some advice which I found very quickly. This board is such a great resource.

Down 56 from 3/26, Diabetes in full remission and no longer on meds, BP way down, sleep Apnea pretty much gone.

3 pant sizes so far and 14 pounds to goal.

Not too much skin flab but noticeable muscle loss, along with the fat. Working on this. Also, I live at 9000ft elevation so I can get a bit dizzy.

Well done to all the Marchers!

Just think how very many are inspired by your stories and don't leave a comment. They are out there!

Well like John Denver's song You truly are "Rocky Mountain High", I hope you can rebuild your muscles back. But the stores you have made already, WOW!

I've lost 53# since surgery and 94# since beginning the program. I have about 55# to go to goal. Down to a size 16 from a 24. Shopping a lot at Goodwill and the like. Feeling pretty good, but having to closely monitor my blood pressure so they can adequately wean me off BP meds. Have lots of sagging skin on arms, belly and breasts. Have rash under pannus which has been documented by PCP and prescribed nystatin cream. Frequenting the gym 5 days a week. Feeling pretty good overall. Can tolerate most foods I've tried. Peanut Butter is a no go. Peanut powder though is ok. In about 2 weeks I'll be at 3 months post op. Time flies.

Haven’t posted in a while, but huge day tomorrow- one of my main motivations for surgery was being able to ride roller coasters with my daughter before she leaves the nest. Tomorrow is the first trial since I started losing, hopefully I will be able to fit in whatever I want to ride. Can’t wait for the first test run in my “new suit”!!! It’s worth the work, keep the improvements coming guys!!

Lol, how random, that’s exactly where we are going! I still may have to ask for the modified seats- but 180 lbs ago that wasn’t even an option!!!

I don't know about modified seats but what they do have are sample seats. If you cannot fit in them, you can't ride. One ride I got on but couldn't fasten the safety harness and had to get off, humiliated. I weighed about 312lbs and I'm 5'9".

I'm have no doubt that you will be fine and have lots of fun with your skinny self! 😃

LOL, no actually live in Tallahassee, FL, going to Tampa park! Hopefully it will be good!

Kumba 3 times
Scorpion 2 times
Falcons fury 2 times
Tigris 1 times
Shakiera 2 times
Cheetah Hunt 1 times
All with my daughter!!!!! Still have 4 hours to go!! BEST DAY EVER!

Proud of you! And happy for you!! ❤️