Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2019 sleepers

On 04/04/2019 at 07:03, MassMan said:

Well my fellow March sleevers…. I was introduced to this thing called Constipation yesterday and it was a freaking nightmare. Thought I was going to end up in the ER as the pain was pretty bad, but after several concoctions of collace, Miralax, suppositories and enema things passed. I think I'll certainly keep a better eye on this one as not to go through that again.

Anyone else having constipation issues?

So you took colace along with Miralax? I’m only using miralax and about to die over here. Miserable. 😞

4 hours ago, Neely said:
On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 8:03 AM, MassMan said:

Well my fellow March sleevers…. I was introduced to this thing called Constipation yesterday and it was a freaking nightmare. Thought I was going to end up in the ER as the pain was pretty bad, but after several concoctions of collace, miralax, suppositories and enema things passed. I think I'll certainly keep a better eye on this one as not to go through that again.

Anyone else having constipation issues?

So you took colace along with Miralax? I’m only using miralax and about to die over here. Miserable. 😞

Sorry to hear it @Neely

Don't let it go too long... I was in some pain my friend. I'm really not into suppositories and enema's but I was willing to try anything before heading to the hospital.

You can bet your bottom dollar I'll be keeping up with a poo routine now... :)

Looks like your about a month post at this point. Hope all is well otherwise.

@Neely
I was having the same issues last week (3 weeks post op) I have literally never been so miserable.
I took dulcolax which worked so well it sent my system too far the other way🤢
But at least it was moving, ya know?
I’ve started taking the Metamucil pills (can’t stand the drinkable) every day and that’s keeping things regular :)
Hope you’ve found some help!!

Same here with the Constipation. I was already taking a daily ducolax. Nothing. Then I did a suppository and starting drinking benefiber daily. Now o am going about every other day.

🙋🏻‍♀️ Still on poo patrol! 😑 Tried the suppositories with no luck. My body WANTS to go ....I need more of a softener. 😬 But otherwise I’m doing great! 36 lbs down! Once I get this problem solved I’m sure I will drop another couple right away. Hahahaahahahaha

Guys, I'm super discouraged right now. I was sleeved on 3/9 - So I'm right at 1 month out. I've been the same weight for 15 days. Flux back and forth between 231-233. THIS SUCKS. I've heard of the dreaded week 3 plateau...but now it's week 3....4.... and counting 😢 Doesn't help that work has been insanely stressful, and the guy I was seeing has gone MIA.... so I'm just like... a sad girl on her couch right now. I was like, at least I can lose weight and look sexy and feel confident, NOT... just stuck.

Any one else hit the plateau? How long did it take for you to get out? Did it start dropping again quickly after? I need some encouragement!

On 04/08/2019 at 07:48, fizz_gonza said:

Guys, I'm super discouraged right now. I was sleeved on 3/9 - So I'm right at 1 month out. I've been the same weight for 15 days. Flux back and forth between 231-233. THIS SUCKS. I've heard of the dreaded week 3 plateau...but now it's week 3....4.... and counting 😢 Doesn't help that work has been insanely stressful, and the guy I was seeing has gone MIA.... so I'm just like... a sad girl on her couch right now. I was like, at least I can lose weight and look sexy and feel confident, NOT... just stuck.

Any one else hit the plateau? How long did it take for you to get out? Did it start dropping again quickly after? I need some encouragement!

I did!!! For about 2 weeks I’ve stayed where I’m at. Now I’ve started losing again, slowly but surely (:

How’s everyone doing with their food phases? I’m still amazed at just how little I can eat before I’m full. Lol But at least I’ve kept all the new stuff I’m trying down. Went out to lunch with co-workers today and ended up at a BBQ place. I got only pulled pork, no sauce, and chewed plenty. It was yummy and felt a-OK! 😅Before and after shot. I picked through looking for the moistest parts. 🤣

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

My surgeon said that my stomach tissue tested positive for a bacteria that causes ulcers so she put me on this odious 8 pill a day drug regimen which causes diarrhea. So, no Constipation for me! 😒 The pills also make me nauseous so it’s hard to get in my Protein and liquids. I’m done with the whole thing this week and I’m so looking forward to scrambled eggs for Breakfast on Saturday 🍳

Not too bad here. I'm at four weeks so lots of cottage cheese, refried Beans and laughing cow cheese for me. Tried a pureed fruit smoothie tonight and that was absolutely a no go for my stomach. Lesson learned!

I can't wait for solid food!!!!

2nd week out & 20 lbs down. Tried puree foods but most are just horrible. Not the same taste :( I've been just mashing food up really good and eating small bites chewed really good. Also drinking Protein Shakes and Protein Water. It don't take much before I can't eat anymore without hurting. I've found I can't burp or pass gas. Bought some gas-ex today and feel so much better. That's my next best friend now. :)

12 hours ago, SLsleeved said:

Not too bad here. I'm at four weeks so lots of cottage cheese, refried Beans and laughing cow cheese for me. Tried a pureed fruit smoothie tonight and that was absolutely a no go for my stomach. Lesson learned!

I can't wait for solid food!!!!

I'm at 4 weeks also but I'm allowed to have seafood and shredded chicken in addition to cottage cheese, etc. I tried to do refried Beans a couple weeks ago and I thought my stomach would never shut up. It didn't seem to like it too much. Cottage cheese sits a little heavy too which is a shame cause I normally love it. I can't wait til I can add in some veggies. I don't have any room for them but I'm dying for a kids' bowl at Poke Bros and the base is either salad or brown, white, or sticky rice. I've toyed with the thought of asking for no base but I don't know if they would do that or not.

I'd love to try a smoothie but I'm scared. LOL

Edited by DelawareWoman

Energy level is crap today 20 days post op though sleeved 3-22/2019 down 25.6 pounds