Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2019 sleepers

Hi y’all!
I was sleeved on March 8th. I live in Texas and had my surgery done in Mexico.
Everything went according to plan - but they set this expectation that the recovery time was a couple days...maybe 10 days max!

I had the worst pain, could barely walk, was a crying mess, and kept having panic attacks because two other women had their surgeries the same day I did and were up and walking, saying they weren’t in pain!

My incision site pain has been awful, didn’t help that the doc only sent me across the border with four pain pills and can’t prescribe in the U.S. 🤦🏼‍♀️

I’m about two weeks post-op and STILL am sore at my incision sites. It’s lessened, but is still pretty prevalent.

Anyone else have this issue?
I had my sleeve surgery March 11. I am just now starting to feel better... except for being hungry all the time. My stomach area is still very sore and some of my inscisions are still a little painful. Those people who were up and walking right surgery..I just don't get that! To make things worse, I started my period the day of surgery. So the whole time I was in the hospital I was bleeding super bad. It was absolutely awful. I'm sorry you are still having a hard time. You're not alone!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I’m on Baritastic. It won’t let me set up the group unless I invite someone. If you want to pm me the email you use there I’ll invite you and set it up.

18 minutes ago, DelawareWoman said:

I’m on Baritastic. It won’t let me set up the group unless I invite someone. If you want to pm me the email you use there I’ll invite you and set it up.

Hey Anyone On Baritastic we created a Accountability Group, called March 2019 Sleeves 😊 Just pm your email if your insterested In joining us!

Edited by Elizabeth94

On 03/23/2019 at 09:13, Neely said:

Does anyone else use MyFitnessPal? I love how the progress graph shows my weight going off a cliff! 🤣🤣 Does anyone want to connect for support?

image-0.00405311584472656.jpg

I would like that! KimClaire6708. Not publicly sharing my surgery on there though.

On 03/24/2019 at 21:59, bOrii305 said:

I’m 9 days after my surgery. Not only did i get the bypass by they all fixed a hernia. (Very painful) I feel worse everyday and pain pill don’t work anymore. I haven’t lost weight and all I’ve been doing is liquids. The shakes have been a little difficult for me. I’m getting tired of them. Any suggestions?
I was sleeved the 13th, they fixed a hiatal hernia and an abdominal hernia. I have gone back and fourth on feeling better then feeling worse. My abdominal area is so sore I can’t bend. I think my spasms are finally getting a little better.... but still a struggle. I’m hanging in there though and I’m hopeful!

I'm the same way. I am 6 days post op. I was weighed the morning of surgery at 290.8, then three days post-op I was 298. Today I'm down to 293 so I've lost five pounds in a few days but overall I'm at a gain. Strange.. hopefully it ramps up soon.
Hopefully!! Fingers crossed!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using BariatricPal mobile app

My date was 7th March. Already in my 3rd week post up. Learning new things daily

Tomorrow is my surgery. I’m so nervous. I don’t know what to expect. 😖

On 3/23/2019 at 1:31 PM, Nickycole86 said:

Just to let everyone that I have scared know I am much much better this morning and they are letting me go home. Thank gosh! I couldn’t have survived another night in this bed. I’m keeping all my liquids down including Jello and broth and the gas pain is pretty much gone. I’m “aware” of my incisions but they are not really painful at all. I’m so excited to be going home! :)

That's good to know, glad you've turned a corner. How are reeling now? @Nickycole86

On 03/25/2019 at 14:55, Feelinghopefulnow said:

That's good to know, glad you've turned a corner. How are reeling now? @Nickycole86

Well, I would love to say fantastic but I would be lying. I’m hurting today pretty good. I don’t have any gas pains anymore but I am well aware of my staples/incisions now. I was sent home on Tylenol and I haven’t been the best about taking it on schedule (because when it’s time I feel fine) and the next thing you know I am in immense pain. So I am making a conscious effort to keep some Tylenol in my system for a couple days just to stay more comfortable. Otherwise I am fine, I know I am not meeting the goals but I am trying to sip sip sip. :)

Aw bless you. At least you’re home and hopefully you’ll improve daily now. Yes definitely keep on track of the meds - - don’t let them wear off. I’ve read a lot about people not being able to keep up with the Water intake

Someone said to add Protein to your water and it’s easier to drink. Check with your team first though of course. New day tomorrow, hope you get to a really good place in your journey soon

I ate chicken salad and refried Beans to my meals this weekend. No heaving! The chicken salad had tiny pieces of shredded chicken and I chewed, chewed, chewed. The refried beans were from Taco Bueno (we were traveling lol) and I didn’t mind the little bit of chili sauce and cheese on top at all. Haha. Both did well in my sleeve. It’s nice to have a bit of variety. I find myself getting stuck in the broth and Protein rut just because it’s so dang easy/available.

I got sleeved Fridaythe March 22

Hey March Sleevers. I am one week post op today. YaY!!! I am feeling good and am thankful that I had a straight forward recovery so far. Little nausea on the first few days but other than that not much to complain about. The worst pain has been in my large incision site on my lower right side but as long as I am mindful of my movement it isn't too bad. I am feeling very optimistic and hopeful going forward. Big hugs and cheers for the March family.

I would like that! KimClaire6708. Not publicly sharing my surgery on there though.
I wish mine showed the numbers. I only see a graph...

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app