Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2019 sleepers

Does anyone else use MyFitnessPal? I love how the progress graph shows my weight going off a cliff! 🤣🤣 Does anyone want to connect for support?

image-0.00405311584472656.jpg

I used to but I’ve only been doing Baritastic lately. I need to start back up

Just to let everyone that I have scared know I am much much better this morning and they are letting me go home. Thank gosh! I couldn’t have survived another night in this bed. I’m keeping all my liquids down including Jello and broth and the gas pain is pretty much gone. I’m “aware” of my incisions but they are not really painful at all. I’m so excited to be going home! :)

Scheduled 28th and lots of mixed emotions now... mostly can't wait to start this journey. That and buying up Protein products like an international Protein smuggler :) and last but not least... got a brand new Water bottle....

Week into scaling down intake and my pre-op is low calorie and zero carbs.... then 3 days before surgery liquid only. The tough part is NO coffee... :(

Best of luck to all and speedy recovery for those that are post op

Hey everyone. 3 days post op here (March 20). I had the sleeve without any complications, and it was done in 45 minutes!

Trying to get in my liquids, but no matter how show I sip I get painful gas. Going for walks has really helped with the gas, but that's my biggest complaint so far.

Starting weight of 311 and now at 289.

I am feeling discouraged and I feel stupid for feeling this way. I am 9 days PO and I haven't lost any weight. I am the same weight as the day of surgery. I know I am being stupid and shouldn't be discouraged. I am still on the liquid diet. I am having a problem getting 64 ounces of Water but I am drinking and I am not dehydrated. My 1st PO appt is Thursday and I am concerned my doctor is going to say that I should have at least lost something. I know I just had surgery and my body has been through a lot. I know all of this in my head but I still feel discouraged. Anyone else feeling this way?
I'm 10 days post op and have only lost 5 pounds. I was wondering if something went wrong during my procedure. I'm really regretting doing the surgery at this point. It's discouraging to see people lose up to 20 pounds already and the scale isn't really moving on my end. Wishing you the best of luck on your journey. Hopefully that damn scale kicks into gear!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi My surgery is on March 26! Just two days away, so I’m starting my Full Clear liquid diet, Sunday through Monday.

Edited by Elizabeth94

3 hours ago, CatToButterfly19 said:

I'm 10 days post op and have only lost 5 pounds. I was wondering if something went wrong during my procedure. I'm really regretting doing the surgery at this point. It's discouraging to see people lose up to 20 pounds already and the scale isn't really moving on my end. Wishing you the best of luck on your journey. Hopefully that damn scale kicks into gear!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm the same way. I am 6 days post op. I was weighed the morning of surgery at 290.8, then three days post-op I was 298. Today I'm down to 293 so I've lost five pounds in a few days but overall I'm at a gain. Strange.. hopefully it ramps up soon.

I know everyone’s experience is different, but I felt like sharing mine. For over 20 years of being morbidly obese and trying different diets only one thing seemed consistent as I looked back over my history in considering starting the “sleeve” journey. It was this- without exception that the biggest discourager, hinderance and ultimate enemy of all my attempts had been that darned scale. When I knew I had sacrificed, sweat and did everything I was supposed to it was the negative influence of the scale that thwarted my efforts- every time. I took it’s word that I was a failure. Sooooo, when I pulled the trigger on the “sleeve” journey I made it clear that the scale would not be going on this trip with me! Of course my doctors use it, but only as one of the tools to measure my progress. But I have refused to use it! Rather I lean on the other tools my bariatric team has given me, nutritional goals, accountability tools, exercise goals, Vitamins and supplements etc, I treat these things like a prescription for my health, ergo if I follow them and they don’t “work” I just ask my team to revise my “prescription”. But the scale is subject to me and not me to it this way. I don’t mean to come of like it’s been easy and some days I thought “if I haven’t lost........” But only weighing in at monthly and sometimes bi monthly has taken the pressure off, stopped the mental stress and helped me to make the priority changing my habits regardless of what the scale says. That being said- you got this- if you are ready for the change don’t listen to no stupid scale!

Hi y’all!
I was sleeved on March 8th. I live in Texas and had my surgery done in Mexico.
Everything went according to plan - but they set this expectation that the recovery time was a couple days...maybe 10 days max!

I had the worst pain, could barely walk, was a crying mess, and kept having panic attacks because two other women had their surgeries the same day I did and were up and walking, saying they weren’t in pain!

My incision site pain has been awful, didn’t help that the doc only sent me across the border with four pain pills and can’t prescribe in the U.S. 🤦🏼‍♀️

I’m about two weeks post-op and STILL am sore at my incision sites. It’s lessened, but is still pretty prevalent.

Anyone else have this issue?

36 minutes ago, EJustice said:

I know everyone’s experience is different, but I felt like sharing mine. For over 20 years of being morbidly obese and trying different diets only one thing seemed consistent as I looked back over my history in considering starting the “sleeve” journey. It was this- without exception that the biggest discourager, hinderance and ultimate enemy of all my attempts had been that darned scale. When I knew I had sacrificed, sweat and did everything I was supposed to it was the negative influence of the scale that thwarted my efforts- every time. I took it’s word that I was a failure. Sooooo, when I pulled the trigger on the “sleeve” journey I made it clear that the scale would not be going on this trip with me! Of course my doctors use it, but only as one of the tools to measure my progress. But I have refused to use it! Rather I lean on the other tools my bariatric team has given me, nutritional goals, accountability tools, exercise goals, Vitamins and supplements etc, I treat these things like a prescription for my health, ergo if I follow them and they don’t “work” I just ask my team to revise my “prescription”. But the scale is subject to me and not me to it this way. I don’t mean to come of like it’s been easy and some days I thought “if I haven’t lost........” But only weighing in at monthly and sometimes bi monthly has taken the pressure off, stopped the mental stress and helped me to make the priority changing my habits regardless of what the scale says. That being said- you got this- if you are ready for the change don’t listen to no stupid scale!

Thank you for this. This was very helpful for me. ❤️

On 2/11/2019 at 12:58 PM, featherbird007 said:

March 27th!

Same here!!

I’m 9 days after my surgery. Not only did i get the bypass by they all fixed a hernia. (Very painful) I feel worse everyday and pain pill don’t work anymore. I haven’t lost weight and all I’ve been doing is liquids. The shakes have been a little difficult for me. I’m getting tired of them. Any suggestions?

Hey any one using the app Baritastic? Anyone has an Accountability Group, I can join? Or Anyone one to create so us March Sleeves can join and keep each other accountable? 😊