Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2019 sleepers

So, I just had mine on March 12th & I’m wondering how my fellow March 12th comrades are doing???

Sleeved on 3/6 and doing much better than before. Gas pain finally gone and getting my Protein from shakes has gotten better. Starting puree stage Friday.

Sent from my SM-G973U using BariatricPal mobile app

03/19/2019 12:26 AM, sneezergirl said:

I start puree Wednesday and am nervous

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Don’t be nervous, just remember this isn’t like we used to eat before. Before I’d be hungry and just start eating and eating... nope not anymore..., it’s take a small bite and chew (even though it is purée). Wait a few minutes before the next small bite. And when you feel that sensation in your chest stop and see if you really need more or not. I was shocked that I could only get 2-3 oz in. Anymore than that and it made me miserable. I’d rather under shoot it than overshoot it!! Good luck! You got this! 
SW 233
CW 210.4
GW 144

On 03/19/2019 at 00:07, SLsleeved said:

Sleeved today. Pretty rough recovery for me. Had terrible gas pain for hours, got up and walked a bit. Didn't help much for me. As time has gone past i feel a little better but the pain is still pretty intense in my lungs. I'm almost constantly sleeping which I am fine with! Can't wait to drink something!

I was exactly the same!! It gets so much easier. Hang in there! 🙏🏼

My old standby at work, I get a cup of hot Water out of the Keurig, plop a Wyler’s bouillon cube in there, add my GENEPRO Protein and I have a yummy chicken Soup for lunch. 😆

image-0.00393390655517578.jpg

On 03/19/2019 at 13:20, Feelinghopefulnow said:

All packed and ready

Surgery was tomorrow it’s just been delayed until 3rd April.

So disappointed ,,,,

That sucks big time, I had to reschedule from Jan 17 to March 12, so I can certainly feel it with you, keep your head up, stay strong!

2 minutes ago, EJustice said:
7 minutes ago, Feelinghopefulnow said:

All packed and ready

So disappointed ,,,,

That sucks big time, I had to reschedule from Jan 17 to March 12, so I can certainly feel it with you, keep your head up, stay strong!

Thanks it’s daunting isn’t it ?

ive done the pre op three weeks already

I have to stay on it another two weeks

I am allowed some food but it’s very strict so another 2 weeks of hunger in front of me

Early days for you then

well done on getting through the first week

How are you feeling ? @EJustice

12 hours ago, HeyBigGuy76 said:

Sleeved on 3/6 and doing much better than before. Gas pain finally gone and getting my Protein from shakes has gotten better. Starting puree stage Friday.

Sent from my SM-G973U using BariatricPal mobile app

Good for you & good luck with the purées!

On 03/19/2019 at 13:33, Feelinghopefulnow said:

Thanks it’s daunting isn’t it ?

ive done the pre op three weeks already

I have to stay on it another two weeks

I am allowed some food but it’s very strict so another 2 weeks of hunger in front of me

Early days for you then

well done on getting through the first week

How are you feeling ? @EJustice

I’m doing great now that I’m home, everything seems to be going good. The only thing, and not sure what the issue is, but my upper left body aches so bad I can’t sleep good.

Glad you’re doing well ,,,,aches are Probably where You’ve pulled you about. But ask about it anyway. Just to make sure. Hope you feel better soon.

On 03/19/2019 at 13:20, Feelinghopefulnow said:

All packed and ready

So disappointed ,,,,

Oh nooo. I was hoping we would stay together. :( I haven’t packed anything yet.

Me too @Nickycole86 I’m feeling quite daunted if I’m honest. I’ve done the pre op due three weeks already and now have to stay on it for another 2 weeks. All time off was booked and taxis booked ,, all now cancelled

So sorry to hear this. Such a huge bummer when all your ducks are in a row and you’re ready. Hang in there

Had my surgery 2 days ago. Alls well if feeling like I was hit by a truck counts..lol..seriously I'm doing better since my Dr allowed me to have a Protein Shake today. 1 ounce at a time.

Soo my concern is..IM HUNGRY.. granted I hadnt eaten anything since Sunday. Anyone else??

Sleeve buddies! I haven't been hungry at all but that could be fear of drinking too much at one time or something. Haha.

But I am so work you there, feel like I got hit by a truck!! And I can't wait for this IV to come out.