Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2019 sleepers

Don't you think it might be nothing more than your skin got stretched when your tummy was pumped full of CO2 when you had your operation. Now although everything else is falling into place your skin just wants to say " What did you think you were doing to me?"

Started purée foods yesterday and ate 2 tsp of oatmeal. Waited about an hour and 1/2 and tried the ricotta bake, 3 small tsp. Apparently to quickly... ugh I thought I was gonna die I hurt so bad. Lesson learned. It’s interesting to see how little food I can actually eat. I also learned I need to eat slower. I was a little excited and let that get away from me. Walking everyday, not a lot but about 30 min. That has been good. Everything’s going well, it’s my mind I have to slow down.

On 2/7/2019 at 2:43 AM, SLsleeved said:

March 18th for me! I have sooo much to do before then!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Good luck for today let us know how you are when you can. I’m on 20th we’ll have to stay in touch

6 minutes ago, Feelinghopefulnow said:

Good luck for today let us know how you are when you can. I’m on 20th we’ll have to stay in touch

Thank you so much!!! Heading to the hospital in about two hours!! A little nervous but mostly just want to get it over with! Haha

1 minute ago, SLsleeved said:

Thank you so much!!! Heading to the hospital in about two hours!! A little nervous but mostly just want to get it over with! Haha

Aw it won’t be long now ,,,,focus on the new you and how much your life will change ,, good luck ,,,you’ll smash it xx

post when you can keep us informed

13 minutes ago, MstressB69 said:

One week since sleeved. One week until I can eat pureed food. I'm doing fine on liquids. Flavored Protein Powder is a life saver!! Have used in a variety of ways.

Will remember what you went through when you started food. Thank you for the heads up!!

Can you tell me the name of your Protein powder?

I got a call from my hospital 3 days after my surgery and I was asked if I had consumed 69ozs of protein!! I had not but started working on doing so since the call. Plus 48 to 64 ozs of Clear Liquids. Didn't think I could but I have a system.

I drink 3 20oz bottles of Water plus a couple of sugar free Jello cups. I drink 1 or 2 Protein Shakes which is 30ozs of Protein and switch between 1 or 2 protein powders which are 21ozs of protein each. If I add powder to Bone Broth that's another 2 ozs of protein/ 4ozs of broth.

So between 6am and midnight I get it in!!

Edited by MstressB69

On 03/18/2019 at 11:38, TCM2019 said:

Can you tell me the name of your Protein Powder?

I use GENEPRO, it has 30 g of Protein in a pretty small scoop! I found it easier to get my protein in after surgery with this vs others with only 10g/scoop. 👍🏼

image-0.00107288360595703.jpg

Thanks for the info

3 hours ago, Neely said:

I use GENEPRO, it has 30 g of Protein in a pretty small scoop! I found it easier to get my Protein in after surgery with this vs others with only 10g/scoop. 👍🏼

image-0.00107288360595703.jpg

I find that this to be the miracle powder. It dissolves quickly and I add a crystal light. Fantastic!!

Started purée foods yesterday and ate 2 tsp of oatmeal. Waited about an hour and 1/2 and tried the ricotta bake, 3 small tsp. Apparently to quickly... ugh I thought I was gonna die I hurt so bad. Lesson learned. It’s interesting to see how little food I can actually eat. I also learned I need to eat slower. I was a little excited and let that get away from me. Walking everyday, not a lot but about 30 min. That has been good. Everything’s going well, it’s my mind I have to slow down.
I start puree Wednesday and am nervous

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Sleeved today. Pretty rough recovery for me. Had terrible gas pain for hours, got up and walked a bit. Didn't help much for me. As time has gone past i feel a little better but the pain is still pretty intense in my lungs. I'm almost constantly sleeping which I am fine with! Can't wait to drink something!