Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2019 sleepers

On 03/10/2019 at 16:50, DelawareWoman said:

@mandmom. Almost there. Two more wake ups. I’m getting nervous.
You’ve got this!!!

On 03/10/2019 at 17:50, DelawareWoman said:

@mandmom. Almost there. Two more wake ups. I’m getting nervous.
I know right, me too!

I’m excited and nervous at the same time. I was told I’m the first surgery. I haven’t gotten confirmation but it looks like 730 surgery. Have to be at the surgery center at 530. They will call me tomorrow to confirm. My poor mother has to get up at butt crack of dawn to take me. But I should be back at my mothers by 6 pm. I’m staying there the first night then I’ll go home.

Sleeve to bypass done for acid reflux done on 03/04/2019. First 3-4 days were awful due to gas pain. I walked a ton, I prayed, I used essential oils, I laid on my left side, my right side, did Yoga poses, used a heating pad, put my knees to my chest face down and rocked back and forth & side to side, took Miralax, stopped taking my prescription pain meds and nothing seemed to help! I could burp but couldn’t pass gas. Finally by the end of day four after countless ours of praying .... it happened! I’ve never been so excited and happy to fart in my life! The surgery pain is minimal but that gas pain was wicked! Day five I felt AMAZING! I couldn’t believe the difference. No pain, I could twist, bend, and turn without any problems. I’m on day six and feel great BUT.... I got on the scale and have gained weight! I haven’t cheated! I’ve been on broth, ice chips and Crystal Light Water. How is this possible? I didn’t do this for weight loss but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t hope to lose some weight! Starting weight was 216.8. Pre-op I was 208. Post-op today I’m 213.8. WTH? My post op appointment is on the 14th. Anyone else have this issue? Interested in hearing people who have had the sleeve to RNY and how much you have lost. My doctor told me not to expect to lose a large amount of weight by having this procedure, but everyone I have known that has had it has lost at least 70 pounds or more. I’d like to think I will at least get into a healthy BMI range but feeling defeated.

On 03/11/2019 at 09:07, Happy girl said:

Sleeve to bypass done for acid reflux done on 03/04/2019. First 3-4 days were awful due to gas pain. I walked a ton, I prayed, I used essential oils, I laid on my left side, my right side, did Yoga poses, used a heating pad, put my knees to my chest face down and rocked back and forth & side to side, took Miralax, stopped taking my prescription pain meds and nothing seemed to help! I could burp but couldn’t pass gas. Finally by the end of day four after countless ours of praying .... it happened! I’ve never been so excited and happy to fart in my life! The surgery pain is minimal but that gas pain was wicked! Day five I felt AMAZING! I couldn’t believe the difference. No pain, I could twist, bend, and turn without any problems. I’m on day six and feel great BUT.... I got on the scale and have gained weight! I haven’t cheated! I’ve been on broth, ice chips and Crystal Light Water. How is this possible? I didn’t do this for weight loss but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t hope to lose some weight! Starting weight was 216.8. Pre-op I was 208. Post-op today I’m 213.8. WTH? My post op appointment is on the 14th. Anyone else have this issue? Interested in hearing people who have had the sleeve to RNY and how much you have lost. My doctor told me not to expect to lose a large amount of weight by having this procedure, but everyone I have known that has had it has lost at least 70 pounds or more. I’d like to think I will at least get into a healthy BMI range but feeling defeated.
I’m having this same surgery done for reflux on 3/18. I would think this is still Fluid retention from surgery. So wonderful to hear everything went well!! Good luck and give it a few more days.

Day 5 and feeling GREAT! I’m telling you, the gas pain sucks but once you get past that...woo-hoo! I’m not hungry at ALL though. So trying my best to get my Water and Protein in. One tip, my NUT suggested Unjury unflavored Protein Powder so I got a sample pack of that at first. It’s ok, but a lot of powder to mix in for just 10 grams of protein? No bueno. I found another brand at GNC. GENEPRO. It’s fantastic! I used it during my pre-op and it’s saving me during post op (since I can’t drink as much broth as I could before.) There are 30 g of protein in just one scoop AND the scoop is 3 x smaller than many others! It mixes great in a little lukewarm water, then I just add it to my broth or juice. Getting that much protein in a serving during the early post op days is wonderful!!

image-0.00309944152832031.jpg

Well, my time is finally here!! Going to bed, up at 3, hospital at 5, surgery at 7!
HW-451
SW-317
GW-185
Halfway there!!

On 03/11/2019 at 18:24, EJustice said:

Well, my time is finally here!! Going to bed, up at 3, hospital at 5, surgery at 7!

HW-451

SW-317

GW-185

Halfway there!!
You’ve done such a great job so far!! You will knock this out of the park! ❤️

Heading to bed. Surgery in the am. Got to be out the door just before 5. Check in at 530. Surgery at 730. I should be discharged about 6 and hopefully in bed at my mothers by 630. Lol. Good luck to all my surgery twins. Keep me updated.

No. I’m outpatient. I was told twelve hours.

On 03/11/2019 at 23:02, DelawareWoman said:

Heading to bed. Surgery in the am. Got to be out the door just before 5. Check in at 530. Surgery at 730. I should be discharged about 6 and hopefully in bed at my mothers by 630. Lol. Good luck to all my surgery twins. Keep me updated.
Well good luck! My surgery is tomorrow am, arrive at 530 am surgery at 730 as well. So post when you are able or feel up to it and let us know how you are doing! Good luck!!!

On 03/11/2019 at 10:52, Neely said:

Day 5 and feeling GREAT! I’m telling you, the gas pain sucks but once you get past that...woo-hoo! I’m not hungry at ALL though. So trying my best to get my Water and Protein in. One tip, my NUT suggested Unjury unflavored Protein Powder so I got a sample pack of that at first. It’s ok, but a lot of powder to mix in for just 10 grams of Protein? No bueno. I found another brand at GNC. GENEPRO. It’s fantastic! I used it during my pre-op and it’s saving me during post op (since I can’t drink as much broth as I could before.) There are 30 g of protein in just one scoop AND the scoop is 3 x smaller than many others! It mixes great in a little lukewarm Water, then I just add it to my broth or juice. Getting that much protein in a serving during the early post op days is wonderful!!

image-0.00309944152832031.jpg

Thanks for all the updates. Takes a little of my fear away watching you go through this! My surgery is tomorrow am at 730, gotta be at the hospital at 530. Thanks for your posts!! They help!

And you as well as all the rest @makisue will be in my prayers, I am only that everyone of you Marchers have wonderful surgeries, smooth recoveries and wondrously great future lives. You. are giving yourselves a beautiful 🎁 a chance for future health and well-being. And you have a world- wide group of Bari-pals wishing you on to your own victories. Pretty cool, I think!💕😝💕