Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need advice please

I had my gastric bypass Dec. 10th. I have been doing fine I have been getting 60oz of fluids down and 30mg of Protein every day, Well today I started worrying that I am doing something wrong. My weight loss has been slow 12.5 pounds since surgery. How much protein was everybody else doing 10 days out. Its hard to get down 3 oz at a setting. I don't want to mess myself up.

I had my gastric bypass Dec. 10th. I have been doing fine I have been getting 60oz of fluids down and 30mg of Protein every day, Well today I started worrying that I am doing something wrong. My weight loss has been slow 12.5 pounds since surgery. How much Protein was everybody else doing 10 days out. Its hard to get down 3 oz at a setting. I don't want to mess myself up.
I don't think your taking in enough protein. I had the bypass also and my protein intake is 60mg of protein and 64 oz of liquids per day. I had my surgery on the 3rd and I've lost around 25 lbs so far.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you I was thinking that, I am increasing my Protein tonight. Sometimes this gets a little confusing to me.

1 hour ago, patanna said:

I had my gastric bypass Dec. 10th. I have been doing fine I have been getting 60oz of fluids down and 30mg of Protein every day, Well today I started worrying that I am doing something wrong. My weight loss has been slow 12.5 pounds since surgery. How much Protein was everybody else doing 10 days out. Its hard to get down 3 oz at a setting. I don't want to mess myself up.

12.5 pounds in 10 days is over a pound a day. That’s a huge loss for someone your size.

If you cannot get more than 3 ounces of some thing down in a sitting do NOT force it, increased intake will come in time as your surgery matures and you are able to progress through the diet stages. This far out from surgery your Fluid intake is more important than massive amounts of protein. As you are able to eat more solid foods, you will be able to reach your protein goals much easier.

Sounds like you are doing fine to me. Never force yourself to eat or drink more so close out from surgery.

Thank you so much I am defiantly getting my fluids in I will try to get in a little more Protein but I am not going to force it.

You need way more protein! Right now the Protein Drinks are counting towards your liquid intake. You should be getting 60-90 mg Protein a day! I know It is hard at first but that’s what you should be shooting for. It might take you 1/2 hour to drink that much, just go slow.

Wow 12lbs in 10 days is amazing! Everyone keeps saying mg of protein... it should be grams. I am 7 weeks out and my nutritionist and surgeon still don't expect me to hit 63g a day, although I am getting much better at it. I am at about 40-50oz of Water a day.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

I can tell you at 10 days out I was struggggliinngg. like 20oz of Water a day and 15g of Protein. It wasn't until 4 weeks that's I was able to pick things up.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

toodlerue, You said its part of my liquid intake. Do I have to wait 30 min after drinking my shake

toodlerue, You said its part of my liquid intake. Do I have to wait 30 min after drinking my shake

I was told I didn't have to wait to drink until stage 2

Oh good

@ patanna, we all are learners along this path to victory, we try until we find what works for each of us. A lot of trials, some errors, but we shall all make it through!

Do I have to wait 30 min after drinking my shake

@patanna

unless NUT told you differently, drinking is drinking, you will never have to wait between drinking.

(shakes inc.) don't look for trouble😉 - you are doing fine. you are doing great with intake of Water . Try and get

more Protein is always advised!! - otherwise terrific weight loss - keep up the good work

good luck

kathy

When I was having a hard time eating, even drinking the milk based Protein Shakes, my dietician told me that my Fluid intake was more important than the Protein in the beginning. When I was dehydrated, I stayed nauseous which caused me to def not want to eat or have thick fluids. My protein shakes were included in my fluid intake until they weren't just clear but moved to adding milk. I don't like milk in mine unless they are Premier Protein (which my new tummy couldn't handle right after surgery), so I mixed my own from powder I bought from GNC.

Thank you guys so much. Sometimes I get so anxious I am calming down some ya'll make me feel so much better. Please excuse the underline.