Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Was Amazed When I Heard This

What’s the big deal with steak?! I can and do eat steak, pork, brats, chicken, sausage, etc. I have since purée phase.

I also eat fish and shrimp...Can you tolerate seafood? These last few days chicken has not been going well with me, I'll lay off of it for a few days.
I'm almost 2 years out. I have to be very careful with steak. I may take one TINY bite of my hubby's. I never order it for myself. Tried it months ago and felt like I ate a brick. Also, can't do shrimp. No matter how they are prepared. I immediately feel full and nauseated. Potatoes are also a no no. I pretty much live off chicken, cheese and tuna pouches. I also eat plenty of salads. Those are my only real food issues. Well I cant eat holiday food. Especially dressing. It does the brick thing in my stomach as well. Two bites and I tap out. It's the oddest thing though. I can eat sweets and not dump at all. I don't make it a habit of eating sweets. I will occasionally. I'm still trying to figure this new stomach out.

Sent from my moto e5 plus using BariatricPal mobile app

On 12/29/2018 at 7:07 PM, Sosewsue61 said:

I think we are sooo quick to judge people's choices and then we don't learn from each other, beware of becoming a different type of food cop....

Agree with this!

I am a year and half out and cannot tolerate any meat. I can eat a few shrimp and they stay down ok. I basically live on Protein Shakes, BariatricPal hot cocoa and cottage cheese. 😂

Steak was one of the first things I had once allowed proper solids. Couldn’t manage a whole load but by god I loved it!

No it's just most of us at that time we're on liquids, just starting purees, had tried a little soft,meat or other Protein , had it all come back up, and here's someone chomping away at real meat, and having no one not of difficulty. Its like we were in two different worlds, a little jelly of the situation? Yep, maybe so!

I never had a liquid phase in my diet, only preop for 10 days. Post op after the three days I was at the hospital I started with soft food directly as these was my instructions. When I joined this page I though something was wrong with me but a couple of people replied that they too did not have a liquid phase post op. On my first day back home I had boiled chicken and potato something that I guess some people don’t eat until good 3-4 week after or maybe even later but there I was on day four eating normal soft food as per the program and the diet I was given!
Long story short happy new year guys ! (It is 02:53 here local time !)

And A Happy New Year to you also.

I don’t know how to respond on here yet, but want to tell Swanton_Bomb that I had the same experience with feeling like I could easily eat too much food. My nurse told me that my pouch was still healing, and that in a few weeks or months the full feeling would come. And it did! I met others like myself. For me, when I find myself eating slider foods, or eating fast, I visualize the bite I am swallowing scraping along my small intestine doing damage (Gastric Bypass). It always helps me to put on the brakes. I am two years out now.

Well I am 7 months out and my go to food is Hormel frozen vacuumed packed Roast Beef!! I can eat some ham, chicken breast! Lean Ground beef is only a sometime food!! Oh how I wish I loved turkey and seafood, two of the best meats to eat and I can’t stand either one!!

15 hours ago, acapeace said:

I don’t know how to respond on here yet, but want to tell Swanton_Bomb that I had the same experience with feeling like I could easily eat too much food. My nurse told me that my pouch was still healing, and that in a few weeks or months the full feeling would come. And it did! I met others like myself. For me, when I find myself eating slider foods, or eating fast, I visualize the bite I am swallowing scraping along my small intestine doing damage (Gastric Bypass). It always helps me to put on the brakes. I am two years out now.

Thanks for the advice! Thankfully, I definitely feel restriction, and I can only consume a max of 2 oz. of most foods. I just am surprised that I have no problem with chicken, turkey, shrimp, etc. Some foods do sit in my belly like a rock (protein bars and once I made a little Protein pancake, oy, that was heavy) but I can handle most protein just fine. In fact, in my very early stage I found thicker protein like ricotta went down smoother than a shake. Weird.

I was sleeved 10/15 and have had absolutely zero issues. No dumping, no extreme soreness, no sweats.. no complications at all

i eat tons of Protein, steak, pork, chicken, turkey, fish- you name it. I stay as close to zero carbs as I can. I operate on 800-1000 caps a day. But it’s picking I can eat a 6oz steak, but it literally takes 2 days- small bites, chewed well, but my body doesn’t reject it lol

I drink min 120 oz of Water a day. 4 thirty ounce yeti cups over 18 hours. The first week it was hard to get a sippy cup down, but once the swelling subsided, it was game on

This morning I officially lost 100 pounds. (Actually 116). Weight day of surgery was 381, today it is 261. 116 pounds/87 days=1.3 pounds a day and no stalls.

So to those who say the guy was wrong or what ever, it’s his body, his procedure, his ass if it doesn’t work. I’m kind of doing the same thing. So far, I think I have a handle on it.

On 12/21/2018 at 03:44, VIKING 0424 said:

NAILED IT EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT

So true

I'm just four week post-op and I've already has a small, 2 oz of round steak and it went down just fine. I had asked my surgeon and she said it was okay as long as I tolerated it and chewed it well but she did tell me that some people can't tolerate it after sleeve surgery.