Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op Pain and food

I had my sleeve surgery Dec 17, 2018. The process was rather stretchy in the beginning. Iv,urine screen needle in stomach. Blood work. Last weight. After surgery the pain was horrific. I remember telling them im at a 10 a 10!! There wee guving me something that wasnt working. I remember a lady brung me a ginger ame with a straw. I immediately started sipping not thinking smh. I told her i cant have a straw or carbonated beverage. She told me it was fine. Which was not. I waited in recovery probably a hour. Then I went to a room. Pain was too much. I did get up and walk alot. I couldn’t release any gas only burping. I still cant stand up straight. The only incision that hurts is the main one. I haven’t been able to get any food down. Everything is nasty. Water is my best friend. Nausea is the worst and when you throw it is the wirst. Looks like greasy phlegm. Its so nasty.

26 minutes ago, LesbianDad30 said:

I had my sleeve surgery Dec 17, 2018. The process was rather stretchy in the beginning. Iv,urine screen needle in stomach. Blood work. Last weight. After surgery the pain was horrific. I remember telling them im at a 10 a 10!! There wee guving me something that wasnt working. I remember a lady brung me a ginger ame with a straw. I immediately started sipping not thinking smh. I told her i cant have a straw or carbonated beverage. She told me it was fine. Which was not. I waited in recovery probably a hour. Then I went to a room. Pain was too much. I did get up and walk alot. I couldn’t release any gas only burping. I still cant stand up straight. The only incision that hurts is the main one. I haven’t been able to get any food down. Everything is nasty. Water is my best friend. Nausea is the worst and when you throw it is the wirst. Looks like greasy phlegm. Its so nasty.

Sorry that you were in so much pain but you will start to feel better each day. It's great that you can tolerate Water which is so important and so you won't get dehydrated because some people have a hard time after surgery with water.

I wish you all the best and a speedy recovery. You got this!! 🙂

Please get in touch with your team if you are still in pain and come up with a pain management plan. Bug them for everything. Advocate for everything you need.

Get well soon and safe Journey 🎈

1 hour ago, Wanda247 said:

Sorry that you were in so much pain but you will start to feel better each day. It's great that you can tolerate Water which is so important and so you won't get dehydrated because some people have a hard time after surgery with Water.

I wish you all the best and a speedy recovery. You got this!! 🙂

Thank you so much the pain is still bad walking and sitting but just laying with a pillow in my bk is better

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

Please get in touch with your team if you are still in pain and come up with a pain management plan. Bug them for everything. Advocate for everything you need.

Get well soon and safe Journey 🎈

Yea i did i had went bk in to the er but called my surgeon first yesterday they did a ct scan blood work chest xray and gave me morphin n fluids it helped. Now i have a patch on my ear

37 minutes ago, Deepseamariner said:

3 days...

It will improve.

Im on day 4 and its a lil better. But i dont like the taste of Jello popsicles or broth

The patch is probably scopalamine, Good for nausea. May give you blurred vision, when you remove it , wear Gloves. Good stuff but an ornery dude.

25 minutes ago, LesbianDad30 said:

Yea i did i had went bk in to the er but called my surgeon first yesterday they did a ct scan blood work chest xray and gave me morphin n fluids it helped. Now i have a patch on my ear

Sometimes you gotta let em know what's really hood

43 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

The patch is probably scopalamine, Good for nausea. May give you blurred vision, when you remove it , wear Gloves. Good stuff but an ornery dude.

Thats what it is thanks for the heads up. Im super hungry but everything taste nasty

41 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Sometimes you gotta let em know what's really hood

Issa fact

Hope u get better soon and it sucks u had ppl that didnt know what they were doing...im 8 days out and so relieved that the pain is finally over...it gets better I promise lol

miss.carter