Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What I've Received for Xmas from My Bosses

Preface: All my bosses (I have 6) know I recently had gastric bypass (7 weeks ago today). Christmas presents have been trickling in... so far I've received...

1) A large basket of candy

2) Panera and Dairy Queen gift cards (My mom and stepdad have called dibs)

3) Sparkling cider (Regifting to my aunt next week)

4) A tropical pine tree that must stay indoors and grows to 15' tall (everyone else got candied nuts, but I guess he paid attention and realized I couldn't have those)

I cannot stop laughing at my little (eventually gigantic) tree. I've named him Stu. He's covered on confetti and on my desk.

It's the thought that counts, guys. lmao. Ohhhh my.

Edited by mousecat88

RTYD, rock the Yultide Dear, and best wishes to Stu the Tree,🎄may He Grow Straight and Tall! Gee, you said you doubted you'd
have babies, I think you've become Adoptive Mama to Stu! And at my age it's ROFLDMP, rolling on the floor laughing, dampening my panties, Ah the Burdens of Age!

GUYS. I JUST GOT ANOTHER GIFT.

IT'S A bread TRAY.

OMGGGGGG. lmao.

So far from my work and/or work colleagues for Christmas:

• three course christmas dinner with all the alcohol
  • won chocolate hamper at said christmas dinner
  • christmas Breakfast
  • lunch bbq
  • bottle of sparkling wine
  • numerous small santa chocs
  • one monster size toblerone
  • $50 gift voucher (the boss)
  • another small gift pack with two type of chocs
  • tomorrow (last working day before Christmas woohoo) I understand we will be having another lunch.

Nobody knows I have had an ESG, and surprisingly no one as asked (obviously all too polite) anything about my weight loss.

A large number of the things above have been regifted, for the booze and what is left I will be taking Chrstmas day to my family

Today I distributed my own gifts:

• two large panettones to the two people I work closest to
  • choc hazelnut tubey things x 1
  • 2 mini panettones
  • lots of small santa chocs
  • 1 small pack of doggie shaped scotch finger biscuits

Christmas, food and treats all go hand in hand unfortunately lol. Thankfully I have had reasonable restraint and am doing well in not woofing down all all the above. Far cry from this time last year in which I would woof down everything include any food gifts I had bought and would need to buy a second lot of them.

Edited by 2shea

Yoooooooooo

Keep that Panera gift card

The best teas, wifi, chili, Soups , etc, safe dating meeting spot....

😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😑😑😑😍

1 hour ago, mousecat88 said:

Preface: All my bosses (I have 6) know I recently had gastric bypass (7 weeks ago today). Christmas presents have been trickling in... so far I've received...

1) A large basket of candy

2) Panera and Dairy Queen gift cards (My mom and stepdad have called dibs)

3) Sparkling cider (Regifting to my aunt next week)

4) A tropical pine tree that must stay indoors and grows to 15' tall (everyone else got candied nuts, but I guess he paid attention and realized I couldn't have those)

I cannot stop laughing at my little (eventually gigantic) tree. I've named him Stu. He's covered on confetti and on my desk.

It's the thought that counts, guys. lmao. Ohhhh my.

I received a five dollar grocery store card.

You can send me the tree. I will take good care of Stu in Florida. 😀

Panera is great to eat at for healthy lunch post bypass.

I was going to say the same thing- keep the Panera card! I am pre op yet but I am weighing in tomorrow for hopefully my final weigh in and then scheduling (fingers crossed) -- we are having a pot luck today at work - SIGH

Got two big boxes of chocolate today and a bottle of wine.....refgifting both!

3 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Yoooooooooo

😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😑😑😑😍

It's a rainy day here in Virginia. . . oh my goodness I'd die for some Panera Soup. :)

4 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Yoooooooooo

😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😑😑😑😍

Hahaha I am not a fan of Panera. My mom called dibs on it.

So far my mom and stepdad are getting the Panera and DQ gift cards. The candy will probably go to them or my dad. The sparkling cider will pair nicely with the box of chocolates for my aunt. Stu... I'm keeping him.

Not sure on the bread tray yet. I have tons of dishes and trays already. May regift it to my grandmother. *shrug*

Edited by mousecat88

4 hours ago, KimTriesRNY said:

I received a five dollar grocery store card.

You can send me the tree. I will take good care of Stu in Florida. 😀

Panera is great to eat at for healthy lunch post bypass.

Yes, poor Stu is meant for warmer climates. lmao. I guess I'll have a 15' weird pine tree in my basement so my cats can't eat him.

I just found out I have to work on xmas Eve after already making plans with family. What did the company give me for xmas? NOTHING....I need a new job. I found out that the exec management team had their own secret xmas party and didn't do anythign for us peons...

7 minutes ago, Jobber said:

I just found out I have to work on xmas Eve after already making plans with family. What did the company give me for xmas? NOTHING....I need a new job. I found out that the exec management team had their own secret xmas party and didn't do anythign for us peons...

Wow that is terrible. They obviously haven't heard about employee engagement and satisfaction.

The universe is testing you all