Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have my surgery date set for 01/15/19. I'm excited and I can't wait to start a new chapter in my life.

I'm scheduled for the 15 and I have to do 2 day clear liquids for a prep. And Pre op..its getting close and I'm getting nervous but I've come this far and I'm not backing out now. I'm tired of yoyo dieting and putting so much effort into dieting for it to fail me over and over again

Sent from my LG-H918 using BariatricPal mobile app

Oh I am a bundle of nerves. Normally nothing comes between me and sleep but I've been up once 3:30 am. I'm going for my preop testing tonight. I have an appt with surgeon monday afternoon. The 14th I start Clear Liquids. I've been doing 2 Protein Shakes a day with a small lunch to prep me. According to dr and insurance, I'm only scheduled for 1 night in the hospital.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Oh I am a bundle of nerves. Normally nothing comes between me and sleep but I've been up once 3:30 am. I'm going for my preop testing tonight. I have an appt with surgeon monday afternoon. The 14th I start Clear Liquids. I've been doing 2 Protein Shakes a day with a small lunch to prep me. According to dr and insurance, I'm only scheduled for 1 night in the hospital.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

I scheduled for the 15 as well. I've completed all pre-op work. I'm just waiting for the hospital to call me with an arrival time! Diet I'm on is one I've put myself on anyway. 4 shakes and meal. Day of surgery and the next day will be clear liquids.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Heya and congrats on your surgery! ❤️

Mine is also on the 15th, bright and early at 7am! I had some pre-op bloodworks done on Friday (the 2nd batch), and Monday is my appointment with the nurse to discuss everything from there. I have one last round of bloodwork and checkups the day before the surgery as well.

Here's to hoping everything works out well for us! (Hopefully we will see eachother more after the surgery on here!)

I know there were several others here set for the 15th--how did you all do? :)

I got discharged earlier today, doing well but struggling to get everything in. Still this weird pain in the sternum area when swallowing and lots of gurgles. But I'm making it otherwise! :)

Sent from my H60-L04 using BariatricPal mobile app

58 minutes ago, LustyDraconianMaid said:

...lots of gurgles...

Same here sis. I also had/have the hiccups on and off something fierce! My surgeon's assistant says burping is bad, he says it means I'm drinking too fast but I really am going slowly. He's saying the gas should be coming out the other end. I'm just glad it coming out period! I was feeling a lot of pressure in my shoulder and neck. Walked my rump off and it's all but gone. I do a few laps around my house every two hours, and sip, sip on Protein all day.

Lets hang in together everyone, and hang on to some of these awesome vets around here!

Same here sis. I also had/have the hiccups on and off something fierce! My surgeon's assistant says burping is bad, he says it means I'm drinking too fast but I really am going slowly. He's saying the gas should be coming out the other end. I'm just glad it coming out period! I was feeling a lot of pressure in my shoulder and neck. Walked my rump off and it's all but gone. I do a few laps around my house every two hours, and sip, sip on Protein all day.
Lets hang in together everyone, and hang on to some of these awesome vets around here!
Do your hiccups hurt at all? Mine do a little bit, just for a couple of seconds, and there is also some pressure in my chest. Very annoying!

5 hours ago, LustyDraconianMaid said:

Do your hiccups hurt at all? Mine do a little bit, just for a couple of seconds, and there is also some pressure in my chest. Very annoying!

Yes the did but there mostly gone. Now I'm with the foaming and gurgling in the back of my throat. I can also feel my guts moving around and contracting or something. I can tolerate warm liquid better than cool but cool liquid quenches my thirst so much better. I'm on full liquids until the 29th.

Well my surgery went well. 2 days out I'm able to drink fluids well in a timely manor. I'm a little sore but that's to be expected.lol. I do need a little help getting my shoes a nd socks on be it not too bad.good luck to every one else I hope every one else has the same wellness that I have..

On 12/30/2018 at 18:48, Tess0554 said:

I have scheduled with Pompeii Surgical feb 20th anyone else around that timeframe?

I’m scheduled for February 15th.

On 01/04/2019 at 07:01, shawnayoakum said:

I'm scheduled for the 15 and I have to do 2 day clear liquids for a prep. And Pre op..its getting close and I'm getting nervous but I've come this far and I'm not backing out now. I'm tired of yoyo dieting and putting so much effort into dieting for it to fail me over and over again

Im scheduled for Feb 15th too.