Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Different facets of you recover at different rates, so it all depends on what portion of YOU we are addressing.

I had severe pain for 1 hr post op. After that it was all muscle pain. That lasted about 2 weeks. I didnt have the gas pain everyone talks about. Most say that's about 2 weeks or so.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

I wonder if some facilities pump the gas back out because I never had gas pain and my tummy was not one bit bigger than when I went in. Odd, isn't it?

And I have all the pain and sorrow I didn't have immediately post-surgery now with my swollen irritated Precious Pouch and my jejunem with ulcerations, I hope all the people who I bragged to about NO Post-surgery pain are laughing about Karma giving me a good old bite. I guess Bomshells song is right KARMA IS A FEMALE 🐕 DOG!

I had pain for a few days. This next two weeks will be hard, but you WILL feel better. Stay hydrated, get rest, walk, get your Protein in, and let time pass and your body heal. The worst is behind you!

I had my gastric bypass surgery on 12/17 and I’m still in quite a bit of pain. More than I thought I’d be. The drive home from the hospital literally brought me to tears.

Today is day 6 so I’m hoping to turn the corner tomorrow. I’m just about out of prescription pain meds and am hoping the liquid Tylenol will be enough to ease the pain.

Currently, getting up and down from a chair or bed is excruciatingly painful. Everything inside my belly feels like it’s pulling and it’s freaking me out.

A friend who had surgery a few years ago was fine by this time. I know everyone heals at their own pace but honestly, I’m getting impatient and a little concerned.

Am I making too much of this?

When I finish the surgery I asked for meds and they gave me a strong shot. I was in a lot of pain, (my mother told me that the surgeon said I shouldn’t be in pain, and I yelled to her HE LIEEEED! Lol) but by the end of day two I was telling the nurses I don’t need any more painkiller and day three I didn’t take any. After getting back home there was some discomfort finding a nice position to sleep, I made a pillow fort to get along but I cannot say there was any major pain than just stitches pulling. So basically I only took painkillers for two days after surgery then nothing more :) wishing you for the best !

Love it" He Liiieddd" but remember, He didn't Feel A Thing, he was pretty comfy after all!

To give him credit, my surgery was quite difficult as my liver was very enlarged and instead of 1,5 hours it took him about 3 hours, so I love him for not giving up on me and doing it despite the time it took him! My best friend was about 70lbs less than me and her surgeon just opened her and closed her immediately, he didn’t even try to do the surgery!

And that might be the very reason you had such pain, the more manipulation and 🙉monkey-doodling of your insides the more tender and painful things will be. Glad you're getting better now.😛

Wow never heard of a surgeon not doing it because of an enlarged liver ? Thought that liver shrink diet was just BS to get u to stop eating for a week before surgery to get in the groove !😱. As far as recovery and meds, I was on morphine for about 24 hours after surgery , then just had a liquid Tylenol at night before bed to sleep . Getting up from a laying down position hurts for sure and initially rolling to ur side and pushing up hurt too but am coming to say 5 post op and today is definitely better . I expect to be sore for another week to 10 days and will have to be careful lifting for 2 more weeks . Worst part for me is the inability to swallow very much Water at one time . Lots of chest pressure when I drink , but I had a hiatal Hernia fix as well so maybe that makes it worse.. still, am adamant I will get liquids and Protein down so I don’t dehydrate and don’t lose my hair !

Yeah my doctor said he never had any patient left unoperated, he is always fighting for everyone, in my case he said he had to add one more robot thus one of my incisions is much larger than the normal but my friends doctor said she was lucky (not) number 3! I know in worst cases doctors are operating with open surgery instead of just laparoscopic.

Lolo, I have been a Bari-Pal for a little over a year now, almost never been sorry I joined, only ran into 2 people that seemed to loathe me, they were misguided, and I'll leave IT there.
I think it might have been. last Spring we had a Bari- Pal whose surgeon who. went ahead, tried to push her chubby liver out of the way, instead of merely pushing it and having a junior surgeon hold the retractors and keep it out of his way, he , with more energy than good sense, plowed right ahead and tore her liver. To phrase it medically " hapatically friable" at any rate she was having a MISERABLE recovery and could have potentially hemorraged to death. So extremely rare, even more than an apology from Donald J Trump for bothering people on Twitter.
And let me tell one from my own family, I mention it because 1) somewhat similar 2) Doctor who didn't quite know what to do.
My daughter, who I seldom talk about, for multiple reasons, but still my First Born, had a HIATAL Hernia. Her stupid surgeon, well we DIDN'T know he was stupid until later, said " Oh I can fix THAT and I can do it laprascopically.
So Rotten Daughter went to sleep. What happened next was either
Over-confidence
Didn't really know anatomical landmarks very well
A fumbling klutz who couldn't use tools in a proper manner.
When he was supposed to be sewing up the defect in her diaphragm, he knicked off the end of her spleen, and the easy multiple slit laparoscopy turned into an open wound from her sternum to and a little. beyond her naval. Spleens Bleed Badly and she came close to bleeding out. Horrible ugly scar, and it did not heal quickly, drains all over, are you getting an ugly modern art picture? And when you lose your spleen , you lose all your immunities, the give you gamma glob so the first germ doesn't carry you off. Your blood even isn't the same, she had been a blood donor previously, was just one pint from the Gallon Club.
And Dr Fumble- Fingers left town amid much disgrace, is he practicing medicine somewhere else? Gosh we certainly hope not! Asked if she and Son-in- law were filing suit? Was told to take a Flying Leap and leave HER alone, and she wouldn't let SIL who truthfully treats me better to say either. Told another family member I should have protected her, How? She was an Adult Woman! And thus ended my true tale.