Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was thinking this time of year is stressful for a lot of people in terms of weight loss and a perfect gift to yourself would be (if you can handle it) to put the scale away. While that's really hard for a lot of people to successfully do, the seasonally appropriate way to put the scale ways to gift wrap it to yourself .

Maybe first toss the old batteries - probably need new ones to recalibrate it and gift wrap those too, then gift wrap the scale to open it the appropriate time .

You can give yourself the gift of being stressed free about constantly weighing yourself during this time if it causes you anxiety, when you should be really focusing on living life and spending time with your family and friends. If it doesn't this post is not for you.

An even bigger gift is when you open the scale you can use the number that reads as your new beginning weight (whether you open it in the New Year's or just after the holiday) and not worry about the ups and downs or the Stalls. Still track and measure foods and hydrate. Run the idea past your teams as usual.

Let me know what y'all think!

Safe Journey 🎈

Edited by GreenTealael

Can we put them in gift bags if we don't know how to use wrapping paper? ;)

Now that I have a PICC LINE, my traction for wrapping is skewed also, like Mousecat I'll bag mine also.😝

That’s a great idea though I’m not sure I could do it. I weigh myself every day (I know I’m crazy and obsessed - no need to tell me - LOL!) I’m only 10 weeks post-sleeve but I’m so nervous about gaining back any of the weight I’ve lost. I don’t freak if I stay the same (I had a 3 week stall) but I do NOT want to gain!! Maybe I could start slow and do every other day?!!! :)

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

I was thinking this time of year is stressful for a lot of people in terms of weight loss and a perfect gift to yourself would be (if you can handle it) to put the scale away. While that's really hard for a lot of people to successfully do, the seasonally appropriate way to put the scale ways to gift wrap it to yourself .

Maybe first toss the old batteries - probably need new ones to recalibrate it and gift wrap those too, then gift wrap the scale to open it the appropriate time .

You can give yourself the gift of being stressed free about constantly weighing yourself during this time if it causes you anxiety, when you should be really focusing on living life and spending time with your family and friends. If it doesn't this post is not for you.

An even bigger gift is when you open the scale you can use the number that reads as your new beginning weight (whether you open it in the New Year's or just after the holiday) and not worry about the ups and downs or the Stalls. Still track and measure foods and hydrate. Run the idea past your teams as usual.

Let me know what y'all think!

Safe Journey 🎈

Hahahahaha! Screw you! ;)

6 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Could you imagine unwrapping to your goal?!?!?!

Gosh wouldn't that be something? But sadly it would also include some magical thinking smoke n' mirrors delusional thinking serious letters to Santa, and unicorns and rainbows flying from my posterior orifice. :D 🦄 :565_rainbow:

2 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Gosh wouldn't that be something? But sadly it would also include some magical thinking smoke n' mirrors delusional thinking serious letters to Santa, and unicorns and rainbows flying from my posterior orifice. :D 🦄 :565_rainbow:

Well...

wrap you scale, start your list & shop at your local prestidigitationer's store

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

8 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Could you imagine unwrapping to your goal?!?!?!

I actually put my scale in the trunk of my car Saturday morning and will take it out Thursday night to weigh myself Friday morning and then put it back in the trunk when I go out to leave for work. I'm sick of the scale but my clothes are steady getting to big for me.

I refuse to let the scaled dictate my success...I have to admit I was having some scale withdrawals though LOL. I think the stress of getting on the scale stalls weight (well at least that's what I want to believe 😂) I will keep you all posted to see how it works for me...I'm 1 pound away from Onderland but that darn scale keeps going up and down LOL Can I just get there please.....

14 minutes ago, Wanda247 said:

I actually put my scale in the trunk of my car Saturday morning and will take it out Thursday night to weigh myself Friday morning and then put it back in the trunk when I go out to leave for work. I'm sick of the scale but my clothes are steady getting to big for me.

I refuse to let the scaled dictate my success...I have to admit I was having some scale withdrawals though LOL. I think the stress of getting on the scale stalls weight (well at least that's what I want to believe 😂) I will keep you all posted to see how it works for me...I'm 1 pound away from Onderland but that darn scale keeps going up and down LOL Can I just get there please.....

CONGRATS on figuring out what works for you, and its not like when you finally hit Onederland you grow wings and magically fly away to a new world. You are still just as worthy as you were X amount of lbs ago.

A scale cannot tell you who you are, who you will become, the quality of your character and not necessarily even the quality of your health.

It can only generalize the force of Earth's gravitational pull against you. To me, and I may be alone, that just seems like pretty boring standard to live by.

Edited by GreenTealael

10 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

CONGRATS on figuring out what works for you, and its not like when you finally hit Onederland you grow wings and magically fly away to a new world. You are still just as worthy as you were X amount of lbs ago.

A scale cannot tell you who you are, who you will become, the quality of your character and not necessarily even the quality of your health.

It can only generalize the force of Earth's gravitational pull against you. To me, and I may be alone, that just seems like pretty boring standard to live by.

Agree to disagree...but they you know me and my "special challenges" ;) hahaha! But it is a lovely thought!

9 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Thanks and I agree with you....It's been over 23 plus years since I've seen a (1xx) on the scale so that is just one of my personal goals for myself that's all. Getting off of my diabetes meds was the biggest goal and I have achieved that and it's only getting better!! 😉

10 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Agree to disagree...but they you know me and my "special challenges" ;) hahaha! But it is a lovely thought!

There should be new formulas like weight/effort x √of blog hours

Lol

Edited by GreenTealael

Exactly my friend! You get me. :)