Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone!

I'm brand new, and I just had my surgery last week. I'm on the full liquid diet, which includes yogurt.

I am having a really hard time finding a low fat yogurt with artificial sweeteners. I tried the Oikos Triple Zero, and even though I could tolerate it pre-op, it makes me extremely nauseous now.

Does anyone have any recommendations of yogurt brands or styles? All of the Greek yogurt brands I have found seem to have like 6-7 grams of sugar, which I believe it too much, and haven't found any that are artificially sweetened (aside from Triple Zero).

Thanks!

Dannon Light and Fit Greek is life! It's less calories than Oikos, and is made with sucralose instead of stevia. It has 7g of sugars, but only 8g of carbs and have caused me zero problems. Plus has like 15 more flavors than Oikos and just generally tastes better. 8g of carbs is fine. I was stuck on Oikos for forever until I realized it was a scammmm and Dannon Greek has better nutritional stats (much less calories and carbs). Oikos has 14g of carbs!

Edited by mousecat88

I used to live off of Fage 0% flavored with Torani sugar free syrups. Now I don't even bother flavoring it, just eat it plain. But that takes some getting used to really.

1 minute ago, BigViffer said:

I used to live off of Fage 0% flavored with Torani sugar free syrups. Now I don't even bother flavoring it, just eat it plain. But that takes some getting used to really.

God bless you. LOL. Fage is just sour milk. Buhhhhh. My friend eats it plain with apples cut into it. NOPENOPENOPE.

Fage is the SHITT to those of us with sweetener/sweet problems. You can put any flavor into it so you can decide how much of any flavor works for you. I'm gonna try Sriracha next!!! 🙂

39 minutes ago, BigViffer said:

1 hour ago, xMissyChrissy said:

Hi everyone!

I'm brand new, and I just had my surgery last week. I'm on the full liquid diet, which includes yogurt.

I am having a really hard time finding a low fat yogurt with artificial sweeteners. I tried the Oikos Triple Zero, and even though I could tolerate it pre-op, it makes me extremely nauseous now.

Does anyone have any recommendations of yogurt brands or styles? All of the Greek yogurt brands I have found seem to have like 6-7 grams of sugar, which I believe it too much, and haven't found any that are artificially sweetened (aside from Triple Zero).

Thanks!

Surgery last week you are still healing. Its finding what your stomach can tolerate. How are you doing with the other items you can have?

@BigVifferGets to the point of food as fuel. Plain yogurt....You are hard core.

I do similar. It also allows you to experiment with flavours.

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

Mix sugar-free pudding mix into plain yogurt. It gives it a cheesecake texture and you can control the amount of sweetness by adding small amounts. Smoosh up berries or other fruits and add to plain. My NUT told me foods had to have 10 grams of sugar or less, so I use Chobani Hint, they use a tiny amount of real sugar and fruit. It does have more sugar than something like Triple Zero, but I have remained in ketosis with it and it hasn't encouraged cravings. The artificially sweetened yogurt literally makes me want to vomit. I wonder if you could mix half plain and half artificially sweetened to create not-to-sweet, not-too-sour.

I was told that anything 9 grams or below of sugar is ideal. The NUT highly recommended OIKOS triple Zero, though it isn't my fave. I do prefer either the Dannon LIght and Fit CHerry greek yogurt or the Fage plain yogurt, though that is an acquired taste. I now love it! I do put some granola in it when I can find a decent one with low sugar.

Thank you all for the advice! I assumed that they want zero sugar with artificial sweeteners, but I double checked with my NUT and she said exactly what everyone else is saying. As long as it's not an outrageous amount of sugar, it's perfectly fine.

I'm going to try the Dannon Light and Fit. :)

Chobani plain 0% Greek, SweetLeaf Lemon Stevia Drops, GreenFoods Ceremonial Matcha powder (It's my lady jam)

Or

plain on top of a bean stew in place of sour cream

I too gave up crazy artificial additives in yogurt.