Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's the Deal With Genepro?

OK, so I heard of the lawsuit thing, but they're still selling the product. Have they corrected the formulation? They boast 3x better absorption than traditional whey. There's apparently a "Gen2" formula. From all the reviews I read, it seems great.

Edited by Kimmie K

That is a company that just needs to die. No matter what marketing you read, it's a crap product. Go with a trusted brand like Optimum Nutrition or Isopure.

22 minutes ago, BigViffer said:

That is a company that just needs to die. No matter what marketing you read, it's a crap product. Go with a trusted brand like Optimum Nutrition or Isopure.

Sound advice :D My surgeon (who I've only seen once) has Bariatric Advantage samples and stuff scattered throughout the office. I'm assuming when the time comes, that's what will be pushed upon me. Any thoughts on that brand?

1 hour ago, Kimmie K said:

Sound advice :D My surgeon (who I've only seen once) has Bariatric Advantage samples and stuff scattered throughout the office. I'm assuming when the time comes, that's what will be pushed upon me. Any thoughts on that brand?

I thought Bariatric Advantage tasted good and mixes well (thats what my surgeon pushed as well).

But it also cost WAY WAY more than any Protein supplement should, and it has a lot of "filler" crap in it (which is why one scoop is 160 calories despite having 27g of protein from whey isolate, and the ingredient list is the size of a small country)

Its not a bad product by any means, but I do think there is far better stuff out there.

I haven't experimented with it because clearly it isn't a trustworthy company, plus also, if it sounds too good to be true, it is. If every other Protein on the planet is vile and this one is practically undetectable, something is fishy. What concerns me is that they might start finding out about shady claims from more companies. Even Premier has less protein than advertised. Not much, but still, it is important when you are really dependant on every gram.

18 minutes ago, Swanton_Bomb said:

I haven't experimented with it because clearly it isn't a trustworthy company, plus also, if it sounds too good to be true, it is. If every other Protein on the planet is vile and this one is practically undetectable, something is fishy. What concerns me is that they might start finding out about shady claims from more companies. Even Premier has less Protein than advertised. Not much, but still, it is important when you are really dependant on every gram.

Exactly, and this is why I'm trying to do all my research before surgery time comes. I don't want to be figuring this crap out after the fact. My Atkins Protein Plus 30g shakes are tasty, but I think they make me bloaty. I want to know what all is out there, what's trusted, what to stay away from and have a nice range of products to test when surgery time gets here. **not a fan of surprises LOL

Edited by Kimmie K

2 minutes ago, Kimmie K said:

Exactly, and this is why I'm trying to do all my research before surgery time comes. I don't want to be figuring this crap out after the fact. My Atkins Protein Plus 30g shakes are tasty, but I think they make me bloaty. I want to know what all is out there, what's trusted, what to stay away from and have a nice range of products to test when the time comes. **not a fan of surprises LOL

Honestly, I tried to be a good little patient and do the same, but my tastes changed so drastically after surgery that it was a waste to have stocked up. The Atkins tastes like sour milk and straight old-school Sweet n Low now. I add Decaf powder and bitter unsweetened cocoa to shakes to cut the taste or I think them with Fairlife milk. Ensure Max has been the most palatable to me post surgery. Premier is second best but has to be doctored a lot, I can't drink it straight.

12 minutes ago, Swanton_Bomb said:

Honestly, I tried to be a good little patient and do the same, but my tastes changed so drastically after surgery that it was a waste to have stocked up. The Atkins tastes like sour milk and straight old-school Sweet n Low now. I add Decaf powder and bitter unsweetened cocoa to shakes to cut the taste or I think them with Fairlife milk. Ensure Max has been the most palatable to me post surgery. Premier is second best but has to be doctored a lot, I can't drink it straight.

How weirrrrrd!!! Well geez...

And I kept stirring it into everything i could, thought I was doing something to raise my Protein levels! Can't I do Anything Right?